The Great Subtitles Debate

FluffyAssassin64

The Great Subtitles Debate  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play a MAJORITY of your games?

• Subtitles ON
    • Subtitles OFF

Literally the first thing I will do is turn on subtitles. Sometimes it sounds like these characters have a bunch of shit in their mouths and its difficult to understand. Plus I also get the majority of my gaming done from 12-6 AM so I like to have my volume turned down so it doesn't wake anybody up.

You say subtitles distract you from the actual image, I always watch movies and play games with subtitles so I (and almost everyone i guess) read them very fast and I never miss a single 'emotion' shot :)

Fair enough mate, completely understand why you are coming from!

Thought I'd clarify though, it's not that I can't read them in time or see the image; it's more that the eye's attention is drawn to the rapidly-appearing new words on the screen (as the eye is drawn to fast movement in particular) and hence my attention is divided more than it would be otherwise.

ALSO, thanks for the input so far guys! It's always interesting to hear people's views on interesting topics like this :D

I turn them on every time I start a new game, mainly because I don't want to miss anything being said.

Quite often I struggle to hear what characters say on screen so I always turn the voice volume up and the music and SFX volumes down.

Usually voice will be set to 10/10, SFX 8/10, music 8 or 9/10 - or the closest equivalent.

• Like 1

Always subs on, although at the times they just mess everything up: TWAU has a scene where four people are talking, and subs from the background speech are added - basically you'll miss everything and catch nothing. Also found it a bit weird that some games don't have subs for cutscenes, even when switched on.