WAY too hard

You can play for several hours which will unlock unlimited continues.. I played this on 360, found it to be an extremely easy shoot em up.. bit different but not as much bullet hell when it comes to games like DoDonPachi..

• Like 1

I usually suck at shmups like this, but I managed to beat 1942: Joint Strike, so that's something.  I own this game, but I think the farthest I've gotten before I dropped it was stage 3? Also, it's way easier with the DLC plane, forget the name, but it can like shoot missiles.  I think it's the red one.

You can play for several hours which will unlock unlimited continues.. I played this on 360, found it to be an extremely easy shoot em up.. bit different but not as much bullet hell when it comes to games like DoDonPachi..

What!!!!!!!???? Are you sure??? How much hours at least? Bcz if there's a way to get unlimited life's ill sure do it bcz this game is impossible without it

Edit : OMG ITS TRUE after 8h of play you get unlimited life's

post-38222-0-04745600-1405726496_thumb.jpg

Edited by king1max

What!!!!!!!???? Are you sure??? How much hours at least? Bcz if there's a way to get unlimited life's ill sure do it bcz this game is impossible without it

Edit : OMG ITS TRUE after 8h of play you get unlimited life's

This is true for a lot of shoot 'em ups.  A lot that don't offer unlimited continues/lives by default can often be played so long to the point they do.  One I played that also does this is Radiant Silvergun.

This is true for a lot of shoot 'em ups.  A lot that don't offer unlimited continues/lives by default can often be played so long to the point they do.  One I played that also does this is Radiant Silvergun.

Lol we'll thanks a lot buddy you just saved me a plat cz I had already deleted this game and was about to give up on it. Just have an other question, could I let the game on for 8h or do I actually need to play it for 8h?

Lol we'll thanks a lot buddy you just saved me a plat cz I had already deleted this game and was about to give up on it. Just have an other question, could I let the game on for 8h or do I actually need to play it for 8h?

You have to have it in a mode playing.. actually, I have a guide for it over here, it explains this method :)

• 4 months later...

Not only can you obtain infinite credits, but if you play with two controllers you won't even have to reload from last checkpoint unless both of them have game over and you haven't used a credit to restore them at the same time. Potentially you can spam bombs and die with one player while the other pretty much stays still. To unlock the infinite credits you gotta play the game for 8 hours in the mode you want to unlock infinite credits in. You don't actually have to play for 8 hours either, because it's enough to just start the game and go into the pause menu, leave it on for 8 hours then come back and exit back to main menu (don't quit game to XMB) to make sure the game saves your play time. Do this for both modes and you have infinite lives for both modes.

Even if this wasn't the case, I'm not all that good at shmups, but after a couple of playthroughs I easily did this in 2 credits with 5 lives each time on the hardest difficulty etc. Really not a big difference between difficulty levels as far as I could tell. I usually needed like several lives at the last boss, so one of the credits went there. In other words, I had spent less than 2 credits before last boss, and again, I'm not that good at these games.

All but one trophy in the game is 1/10 difficulty, but the that one trophy can push it up to 2-3/10 if you got a second controller or like 4-6/10 if you only got one controller. The trophy I'm speaking about is STOCKPILING ARMS.

EDIT:

I see you guys linked to the guide I wrote. :P

2nd EDIT:

@king1max

Now the guide you linked to is here on this site as well, perhaps in even better shape. :)

Edited by MMDE

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Not only can you obtain infinite credits, but if you play with two controllers you won't even have to reload from last checkpoint unless both of them have game over and you haven't used a credit to restore them at the same time. Potentially you can spam bombs and die with one player while the other pretty much stays still. To unlock the infinite credits you gotta play the game for 8 hours in the mode you want to unlock infinite credits in. You don't actually have to play for 8 hours either, because it's enough to just start the game and go into the pause menu, leave it on for 8 hours then come back and exit back to main menu (don't quit game to XMB) to make sure the game saves your play time. Do this for both modes and you have infinite lives for both modes.

Even if this wasn't the case, I'm not all that good at shmups, but after a couple of playthroughs I easily did this in 2 credits with 5 lives each time on the hardest difficulty etc. Really not a big difference between difficulty levels as far as I could tell. I usually needed like several lives at the last boss, so one of the credits went there. In other words, I had spent less than 2 credits before last boss, and again, I'm not that good at these games.

All but one trophy in the game is 1/10 difficulty, but the that one trophy can push it up to 2-3/10 if you got a second controller or like 4-6/10 if you only got one controller. The trophy I'm speaking about is STOCKPILING ARMS.

EDIT:

I see you guys linked to the guide I wrote. :P

2nd EDIT:

@king1max

Now the guide you linked to is here on this site as well, perhaps in even better shape. :)

yup MMDE mate well done on the guide i gave it a read :) but i started this before i saw your guide lol very informative to say the least :) 

thumbs up from me 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/30/2016 at 7:50 AM, Mayadome said:

I was able to beat hard mode on 4 credits. It took a bit of practice but I'd say Under Defeat is still a fair bit easier than other shmups I've played such as Raiden IV or Deathsmiles.

I tried to do the game on hard with the initial credits you get after having played it through some few times, and yeah, it's definitely a fair bit easier than a lot of other shmups. IIRC, I was able to beat it with initial credits, and I'm not that awesome at these games. I think I did it with 1 or 2 credits used, and one of them were definitely against the last boss.

The game changer is that once you've played 8 hours in a mode, like combined over all your tries in that mode, you get infinite credits in that mode. You can even pause the game in that mode, go to bed, wake up and exit back to main menu in the game (so it saves the time you've spent in that mode, don't just turn off PS4 or exit to XMB). There's two modes, so gotta do that twice, and then you'll have infinite credits. Sure, you only got some few lives, and you are set back to last checkpoint if you run out, but that is only if you run out of lives in single player. In 2 player mode, both has to have run out of lives at the same time for that to happen. In 2 player mode, you can also just use a credit when you die to get back in to the game with the other player. If you abuse this and the fact that you get bombs each time you die, you can have one player hide in safety unharmed, while the other spams bombs and dies when they run out, over and over. So you aren't set back and you clear screen all the time. That makes this game like 1/10 in my book. The only thing on the trophy list that cranks up the difficulty is saving up enough bombs to finish a level with 5 or whatever it was, which with 2 controllers should be pretty easy, as one bomb spawns every time player 2 dies. ;p After that it's just to finish the level without player 1 dying.

• 6 years later...