Runescape Discussion!

SuffyZorugelion

That was my main gaming addiction for a good 3 years. But I actually began playing when the original RuneScape was still around. My brother got me into it. I was like 9, so it would have been like 2003 or 2004. But I didn't really start playing heavily until I was about 11, which is when I then played it almost non-stop until about the end of middle school. Anyway, I reached level 99 in a handful of skills, which I think was pretty impressive at the time. But I imagine it's a lot more common now. I checked up on my account every now again even after I finally let my membership run out. I may have even played a little bit after I "quit". I was pretty rich at one point. I even had a party hat, but was an idiot and sold it for less than I bought it for. But I'm pretty sure I have next to nothing on my account anymore since I let some idiots use it. One did manage to get my magic to 99, but he somehow lost most of my other money and whatnot.

I'm actually trying to recover my account right now. I don't remember the last password and I may have not even been the last to use it. I think my combat level was in the 120s. I don't know about my total level. But as much as I laughed at myself for playing this game so much, I did have some good times with it. I forget I used to focus on very few games, even after I quit this. But now I play a bunch of games and am fairly addicted to trophies, which I think it better than focusing so much time on just 1 game. 

Well if someone got your magic to 99 thats where the money went because it is expensive to train :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

I have played for a long time and played on and off for a long time until about 3-4 years ago. But a month or 2 ago a friend gave me an account and since it was a prety good account I got hooked. I'm hardly playing now just sometimes when I'm bored. Played today and a week ago on Monday too. I'm not hooked anymore. The account had about 1770 total and I got it up to 2026 now. Did plenty of quests too. 

Here are some screens of things I thought were worth sharing:

Unlocking The Naabe title: 

vq7955.png

Achieving 92 Prayer (Soul Split):

mb1oif.png

Achieving 99 Attack: 

2a5ghhs.png

Completion of The World Wakes (First Grand Master quest done):

29m3hoy.png

Achieving 85 Dungeonering (Frost Dragons):

2hzu4g8.png

Achieving 90 Dungeonering + 2000 total level:

s1ji2g.png

I now have all skills at 60+ and 91 Dungeonering. I really love Dung. :D

My display name is now Legacy Naabe. You can look me up on HS or Adventures Log if you want.

Someone tell me how to do a spoiler tag I have no clue :(

Edited by MrCostari
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually still play regularly.  2594/2595 total as I'm trying to max and earn Trimmed Completionist at the same time.  Although in the past couple years like someone on the 1st page said I don't want to "waste" the amount of time I've put into the game (over 580 days in game).

At least I'm not the only one here with 500+ days in game.... You get your trimmed yet? 

Begun playing in 2001, started clanning (Zybez) in 2004, stopped playing in 2013 after the release of OSRS. Held #1 in Mining for a short amount of time on OSRS. My clan also managed to keep the top 3 spots in Dungeoneering, at the release, until about level 70-75. 

Just a shame this game turned into another spastic magnet. The community before 2007 was the best community I've ever been apart of. 

We should definately make up a trophy list for this now xD

I'd imagine it would be something like;

-Bronze Trophy for finishing the tutorial.

-Silver for every 99 stat. (1 Silver per stat)

-Silver for accumulating/spending a certain amount of cash.

-Bronze, Silver and Gold for level 50, 100 and Max Level Cap.

-Silver for full clothing of trimmed armor.

-Bronze, Silver and Gold for completing 50, half and all quests available.

-Random Bronze trophies for certain important/significant quests.

-Bronze for certain important locations discovered.

-If there are special events, a Bronze trophy for participating.

-Bronze for crafting a better weapon.

Edited by Nuttro93

I'd imagine it would be something like;

-Bronze Trophy for finishing the tutorial.

-Silver for every 99 stat. (1 Silver per stat)

-Silver for accumulating/spending a certain amount of cash.

-Bronze, Silver and Gold for level 50, 100 and Max Level Cap.

-Silver for full clothing of trimmed armor.

-Bronze, Silver and Gold for completing 50, half and all quests available.

-Random Bronze trophies for certain important/significant quests.

-Bronze for certain important locations discovered.

-If there are special events, a Bronze trophy for participating.

-Bronze for crafting a better weapon.

I think Jagex might be more kind :P, maybe something like this:

Bronzes for:

• First Quest
  • Using GE
  • raising each skill by a level (unlucky 1 def pures)
  • visiting each of the continents
  • ten quests
  • first kill
  • unlocking rune weaponry
  • all skills at 20 or above
  • 40 quests
  • killing the giant mole
  • joining a clan
  • playing first minigame
  • 100 Total level
  • 1000 Total Level
  • Ring of wealth Drop

Silvers for:

• first 99
  • 5 99's
  • 10 99's
  • 80 quests
  • defeating barrows Bros
  • all skills at 50+
  • acquire a full set of GW armour
  • defeat all four GW generals at least once
  • complete one grand master quest
  • 1500 Total level
  • owning 50M cash
  • Get an UR drop
  • Defeat each Daganoth King
  • complete an elite skill set

Golds For:

• 140 Quests
  • 2000 Total level
  • Defeat QBD
  • Defeat KK
  • Defeat Nex with a team of 2 or less
  • owning 250M cash
  • 20 99's
Edited by Precision-Playy

At least I'm not the only one here with 500+ days in game.... You get your trimmed yet? 

Begun playing in 2001, started clanning (Zybez) in 2004, stopped playing in 2013 after the release of OSRS. Held #1 in Mining for a short amount of time on OSRS. My clan also managed to keep the top 3 spots in Dungeoneering, at the release, until about level 70-75. 

Just a shame this game turned into another spastic magnet. The community before 2007 was the best community I've ever been apart of. 

No, and I don't think I ever will.  Jagex is becoming too high end PVM focused for me to keep up and I'm just losing interest in the game.

Bronzes for:

• First Quest
  • Using GE
  • raising each skill by a level (unlucky 1 def pures)
  • visiting each of the continents
  • ten quests
  • first kill
  • unlocking rune weaponry
  • all skills at 20 or above
  • 40 quests
  • killing the giant mole
  • joining a clan
  • playing first minigame
  • 100 Total level
  • 1000 Total Level
  • Ring of wealth Drop

Silvers for:

• first 99
  • 5 99's
  • 10 99's
  • 80 quests
  • defeating barrows Bros
  • all skills at 50+
  • acquire a full set of GW armour
  • defeat all four GW generals at least once
  • complete one grand master quest
  • 1500 Total level
  • owning 50M cash
  • Get an UR drop
  • Defeat each Daganoth King
  • complete an elite skill set

Golds For:

• 140 Quests
  • 2000 Total level
  • Defeat QBD
  • Defeat KK
  • Defeat Nex with a team of 2 or less
  • owning 250M cash
  • 20 99's

Well, you probably know the game better than I, I didn't even know the level goes well into the quad digits.

No, and I don't think I ever will.  Jagex is becoming too high end PVM focused for me to keep up and I'm just losing interest in the game.

:'( Sorry to hear bro, that honestly sucks. I lost completionist, on my spare, once Divination came out. I could just assume how much catching up I'd need.

• 20 99's

If experience rates would be the same, that's over 100 days game time for just a gold. 

I've been watching a lot of Twitch streams lately (mostly Alien Isolation) and I've noticed Runescape has a pretty big following. I clicked the link and a bunch of streamers were doing something called the "Ironman." Anyone know what the hell that consists of? I watched a few streams and couldn't figure out what the hell they were trying to do. 

Parker

I've been watching a lot of Twitch streams lately (mostly Alien Isolation) and I've noticed Runescape has a pretty big following. I clicked the link and a bunch of streamers were doing something called the "Ironman." Anyone know what the hell that consists of? I watched a few streams and couldn't figure out what the hell they were trying to do. 

Parker

Ironman accounts are very popular in Runescape rightnow. It means you play the game in a way where you collect every single material for everything by your self, so no trading other players and such. Also if there is an item dropped on the ground by other player, an ironman isnt allowed to pick it up if they didnt slay the monster them self. Which makes the game very interesting and harder if it wasnt for some already. Jagex is actually bringing an ironman mode to the game which allows you to do all this without having to follow all the rules by your self, since it's build into the gameworld.

Runescape has always had a very good community (outside the wilderness) xD Streamers and youtubers are very popular.

Sometimes you wouldnt believe how far the drama goes...

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

Ironman accounts are very popular in Runescape rightnow. It means you play the game in a way where you collect every single material for everything by your self, so no trading other players and such. Also if there is an item dropped on the ground by other player, an ironman isnt allowed to pick it up if they didnt slay the monster them self. Which makes the game very interesting and harder if it wasnt for some already. Jagex is actually bringing an ironman mode to the game which allows you to do all this without having to follow all the rules by your self, since it's build into the gameworld.

Runescape has always had a very good community (outside the wilderness) xD Streamers and youtubers are very popular.

Sometimes you wouldnt believe how far the drama goes...

Okay that makes sense, thank you for the explanation. 

Parker

I've played rs for 9 years and i quit when the PS4 came out. A couple of people left with me and we started playing on the PS4. The game was declining and everything became easier. A months work would be able to be done in a week a couple months later. The company needed to get new players into the game and wanted to make the leveling easier for them. This ruined it for me and was one of the reasons i left. A screenshot of my stats currently.

http://gyazo.com/64d7652f6b1359f8bf3738f290055992

Parker

Ironman accounts have the following restrictions:

No player-to-player trades

No Grand Exchange trades, except Bonds

No picking up drops from other players

No Lootshare

No XP or loot in PvP

No multiplayer minigames

Most facilities in other players' houses cannot be used

No assist or accept aid

Dungeoneering is solo only

No Sinkholes or Warbands

No Treasure Hunter

No Wicked Pouch from Solomon's Store

No Refer a Friend

No Social Slayer

XP gain from clan citadel plots is reduced

No benefit will be received from group buffs, abilities or spells cast by others

Any group abilities or spells cast by an Ironman players will only affect the caster

You must deal more than half the total damage to a monster before you will receive drops from it.

Combat XP is reduced if you do less than 100% of the damage needed to kill an enemy (i.e. if someone else is fighting it as well)

Ironman accounts come with titles and chat badges to show off their prestigious status, and there are Ironman hiscores to compete on. The real reward, though, is knowing that every hard-won victory is yours alone.

Hardcore Ironman accounts take the challenge one step further: all the restrictions of an Ironman account…with permanent death.

If you die in Hardcore Ironman mode, that's it. Your account will no longer be playable, and all gear, items, money and currency - including any RuneCoins or items purchased in Solomon's Store - will be gone for good.

Note that 'Safe' activities carry no risk of permanent death.

Hardcore Ironman players can purchase two extra lives from Mr Ex in Edgeville: one at total level 1000, and another at 1600.

The first costs 100,000 coins, and the second 10 million. Once these two extra lives have been purchased, you can't get any more for that account.

This is an optional safety net, in case you want to protect your investment in your Hardcore character while keeping death dangerous.

Mr Ex can also change Hardcore Ironman characters to Ironman characters, and Ironman to a normal account, for a sum of gold at each stage. Note that all changes of this type are irreversible.

Finally, please note that Jagex will not reverse the death of a Hardcore Ironman character for any reason - even in the event of connection issues, or account hijacking. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you use the RuneScape Authenticator to ensure that your account is as secure as possible.

They used to be called DIY (Do it Yourselfer) but it's become so popular that Jagex added it as an actual choice for new accounts.

• Like 1

But you could cut out slayer at least :P

I personally thought getting 99 Slayer was on the quicker side of things and the first time I got 99 was in 2007.

Then again, at the same time, everything would really depend on if it's popular or not. Imagine not being able to buy buyables, I surely wouldn't have nearly 2 accounts maxed out if that was the case.

I quit playing this game in 2008 after my friend got my account permanently banned by swearing in game.Luckily I pleaded with Jagex via Email claiming that a mate hacked me and they got rid of the ban :D

Started playing again for a couple months in 2012 to get 99 Woodcutting. Then quit again as I got hacked 3 times in one week losing over 50m.  I was making 5m+ a day from cutting Magic logs, I even changed my password,and put all the security options up but I still got hacked by the same guy another 2 times down the track.. After this guy stopped hacking me I had gotten more money.... Then I got pked in the wilderness and lost 10m of items. I got so angry, that is why I never play the game anymore.