Runescape Discussion!

SuffyZorugelion

Hey there lads! Any Runescapers here? I've been playing the game since 2003 or 2004 . I stopped playing in 2008 and came back again when they released the oldschool servers. It's a game I always enjoy going back to and I've been playing it alot lately since I'm on a little bit of a break from collecting trophies I guess. Trying to get 99 range with my pure next I guess and making good progress (87 now).

I'm sure alot of people have some experience from the game so lets discuss em here :)

• Like 1

I played from 2006 - 2010 before I eventually quit, however I did recently play the free trial for the old school servers and while it was fun, I don't want to start from the beginning. I still remember getting 99 strength on Experiments, the amount of time that took...my god, it's not even the longest skill to max out by far either lol. Good memories though, especially in PvP within the wilderness as well as bounty hunter, used to love the game.

I was a huge rs player back in the day. I quited around 2009-2010 i think, when the new skill dungeneering got released i played it again for a few months, same when the other new skill got released last year and 2007 mode got released. 

Don't think i'll ever pick it up again tho, i hardly played it when the new skill got released, only got it to level 36. 

Anyway here is my character + stat list (yes i logged in again, to take this screen :P) I have no idea how much money i have now, but i was pretty rich back in the day.

2hq6wq1.jpg

The only reason why i don't play this anymore is because nobody plays it. MMO's (especially runescape) are only great when you know people that can play it with you.

• Like 2

I played Runescape more than you could ever imagine. I began in the glory days.. 2003 and played until around 2012 or so. At my height I had six 99's and nearly 1b. But in 2011 the "improvements" to the game made me quit. In my opinion these lackluster updates were created because of the down spiral of players after free trade and wilderness were eliminated. That update caused hundreds of thousands of players to call it quits. Never to return. This sent Jagex on a downward spiral that is still going on today. I know they tried to remedy the situation by bringing back what they once took away. But at that point the nostalgia was gone and can never be brought back. I haven't checked up on Runescape lately, but im sure it's not going well. It truly pains me to say that considering Runescape was a staple of my childhood and it's memories. I have so many great memories in that game, more than my entire gaming career otherwise has provided COMBINED. It's sad to know that today's children will not get to experience the same thing... Anyways I will probably never go back because I gave away all my items to a good friend who has since quit himself. I spent over 100 days on this game. Some people call that a waste of time and that may be true.. But would I do it all over again? Hell yeah.

• Like 2

I was a huge rs player back in the day. I quited around 2009-2010 i think, when the new skill dungeneering got released i played it again for a few months, same when the other new skill got released last year and 2007 mode got released. 

Don't think i'll ever pick it up again tho, i hardly played it when the new skill got released, only got it to level 36. 

Anyway here is my character + stat list (yes i logged in again, to take this screen :P) I have no idea how much money i have now, but i was pretty rich back in the day.

2hq6wq1.jpg

The only reason why i don't play this anymore is because nobody plays it. MMO's (especially runescape) are only great when you know people that can play it with you.

99 woodcutting! I approve, i got mine to 99 wc but then only days after i stopped playing

Here's my oldschool account.

hurkvb.png

1 defend... Are you like a ultimate pure? Most pures atleast make it to lvl 45

99 woodcutting! I approve, i got mine to 99 wc but then only days after i stopped playing

1 defend... Are you like a ultimate pure? Most pures atleast make it to lvl 45

I regret making a pure like this actually. I always preferd a tank and I had so many of those before so I wanted to try something different. Now I feel that a high defense would of worked out better for me... I like to train slayer etc and its not on option with a def 1 pure. I also feel super weak in the wild when people can hit me so easy :(

I regret making a pure like this actually. I always preferd a tank and I had so many of those before so I wanted to try something different. Now I feel that a high defense would of worked out better for me... I like to train slayer etc and its not on option with a def 1 pure. I also feel super weak in the wild when people can hit me so easy :(

i made mine to 60 defense :P alot of people got pissed off at me tho :)

I've been playing since I was about 11. Stopped a while ago, but did log into my account last week and cancelled my membership until I start playing again.

I noticed on the map though that free players are limited to where they can go. (Varrock, Lumbridge, etc areas) Has that always been like that? I can't remember the last time I was a free player. /:

RS has changed so much, it's rather confusing now

Yess.. I had high skills but the main reason I played it was the quests, even had a quest cape! I'd love to go back and do the new ones but to be honest the game is unplayable to me now. Action bar? No thanks.

I always wonder what happened to the elf storyline though, DAMMIT I WANNA GO BACK.

I've been playing pretty consistently since 2006, although now it's mainly because I don't want to just give up on 700 days worth of playtime rather than actually enjoying the game. I feel it's gone downhill quite a lot in recent years as they've shifted their focus to microtransactions and turned their backs on new engaging content in favour of getting people to log in for a few minutes every day for bonuses.

The Old School servers look like they're everything the main game used to be and more, but I just don't feel like I can put hundreds or thousands of hours into a new MMO again.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

Guilty as charged, i still own my account, but i stopped playing a little before the rs3 update, came on a couple of times after, but it just isn't the same and i doubt ill ever return to it. My account has 5 99's and about another 12 or 13 skills at 97+, but i think ill probably just let it sit there and rust for an eternity :P but log in once every 12 months so they cant delete it :P

EDIT: als my ObMaul pure was a beast :P 99 hp 99 str 5 att 1 def ;)

Edited by Pea-Tear-Griffin

I used to play, but I like to say I've "quit" now. I stopped playing winter of 2013, but then picked it up briefly last fall of 2013 and dropped it winter 2014....eh

I am still pretty close to maxing out my account, before I went on this extended hiatus, I got the 90s cape with all 90s stats. I may go back, and just finish the job and max out...but idk. The game just got really boring to me, I get like a little surge to just play my heart out and then it goes away after awhile. I do have to say though, I am much more social "...virtually" when playing RS than I am collecting trophies lol. It gets kind of lonely just sitting here collecting trophies alone. 

sqjXPH4.jpg

I've been playing since I was about 11. Stopped a while ago, but did log into my account last week and cancelled my membership until I start playing again.

I noticed on the map though that free players are limited to where they can go. (Varrock, Lumbridge, etc areas) Has that always been like that? I can't remember the last time I was a free player. /:

RS has changed so much, it's rather confusing now

Yup its always been like that.

Oh wow, you have figured out my addiction before trophies released! lol - This was really a fantastic game though for years, it was a very special game - great quests, a great world and story to it. I also found some great friends and had some good fun.

Then they started changing things.... Then the game started declining in quality, they started to add microtransaction sort of things that constantly popped up when you logged into the game, etc... The developers basically dropped the charm the game used to have (proof that 2008 "classic" version of the game is played by a large number of people). So I stopped playing it, maybe one day I'll venture back to it.

Anyway, I played it quite a bit, did so many quests and got a few skills to level 99 even, and then making my lowest skills at level 60 before I stopped playing. I haven't played in a while, but I did log back into the game to take a screenshot of me, here ya go! ;)

RS.png

Also, forum post number 1,000! :) :) :)

Oh wow, you have figured out my addiction before trophies released! lol - This was really a fantastic game though for years, it was a very special game - great quests, a great world and story to it. I also found some great friends and had some good fun.

Then they started changing things.... Then the game started declining in quality, they started to add microtransaction sort of things that constantly popped up when you logged into the game, etc... The developers basically dropped the charm the game used to have (proof that 2008 "classic" version of the game is played by a large number of people). So I stopped playing it, maybe one day I'll venture back to it.

Anyway, I played it quite a bit, did so many quests and got a few skills to level 99 even, and then making my lowest skills at level 60 before I stopped playing. I haven't played in a while, but I did log back into the game to take a screenshot of me, here ya go! ;)

RS.png

Also, forum post number 1,000! :) :) :)

you just captured my experience with the game pin point, who knows we might even have run into each other in the game at some time without even knowing ^^

Loved this game back in 2008- 2010, i even subscribe to Chris Archie Prods and watch his videos every day :)

Edited by itzzh3lixx

I actually still play regularly.  2594/2595 total as I'm trying to max and earn Trimmed Completionist at the same time.  Although in the past couple years like someone on the 1st page said I don't want to "waste" the amount of time I've put into the game (over 580 days in game).

That was my main gaming addiction for a good 3 years. But I actually began playing when the original RuneScape was still around. My brother got me into it. I was like 9, so it would have been like 2003 or 2004. But I didn't really start playing heavily until I was about 11, which is when I then played it almost non-stop until about the end of middle school. Anyway, I reached level 99 in a handful of skills, which I think was pretty impressive at the time. But I imagine it's a lot more common now. I checked up on my account every now again even after I finally let my membership run out. I may have even played a little bit after I "quit". I was pretty rich at one point. I even had a party hat, but was an idiot and sold it for less than I bought it for. But I'm pretty sure I have next to nothing on my account anymore since I let some idiots use it. One did manage to get my magic to 99, but he somehow lost most of my other money and whatnot.

I'm actually trying to recover my account right now. I don't remember the last password and I may have not even been the last to use it. I think my combat level was in the 120s. I don't know about my total level. But as much as I laughed at myself for playing this game so much, I did have some good times with it. I forget I used to focus on very few games, even after I quit this. But now I play a bunch of games and am fairly addicted to trophies, which I think it better than focusing so much time on just 1 game. 

I was so obsessed with this game back in 2006. So many hours into fishing, cooking, mining, and smithing. That was back when being strpure as a f2p was OP  :lol:

But I quit after a couple years. Went back online recently and it just wasn't the same. It made me really miss the old runescape, but nowadays I just dont have the patience and time for it anymore