New Game+ Glitch

So I finished the game last night on hard mode, got all the collectibles, tried upgrading everything but realized that is not possible in one play through. So since I finished in Hard mode only Hard+ is available. I am aware there is a glitch that unlocks Survivor+ can anyone confirm if this works for PS4 and if so, how do you do it?

Cheers

Yes the glitch works.

From http://www.playstationtrophies.org :

To get the game thinking you're on a Survivor+ run without having to finish the game once through Survivor difficulty, do the following:

1. Delete this game's "Game Data" in the XMB (in case future patches voids this)
  2. Start a New Game+
  3. Complete Chapter 1 of the game, Hometown
  4. As soon as Chapter 2 begins (20 Years Later), pause the game and save. Exit to the main menu
  5. Choose Chapter Select and select the first chapter "Hometown"
  6. Notice you can now select Survivor difficulty? Select it and play the game from this point on to the end.

Credits to Johnwess from GameFAQs for discovering this method, and LG17 Booda in bringing it to our attention.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/201751-last-us-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Don't do step 1, the glitch still works with the last patch.

Edited by FUNNY_VINCE
  • Like 1

completing it in reverse on chapter select works great on the ps3 version so hopefully it works on this. you start each chapter with the ammo and equipment you had when you did it on your first new game + file. Assuming you did this on easier difficulty you should have plenty to get you through. if you do chapter select in the correct order you keep your ammo from the previous chapter so you run out pretty quickly. all you need to do then is play the last chapter again which is just a walk through the woods and bang all the trophies pop at the end of the credits, both + and non + varieties

wow, i done hard, hard+, survivor, survivor+ and even grounded, grounded+ legitimate with no glitches on ps3 version. the fact i didn't even knows about this trick.

when i get a ps4 and the remastered version i will unlock them legitimate in there as well, it's not fun to beat those difficulty by a trick.

Well, you didn't have to do hard+... that's your own fault :P

i'm running through this on survivor to avoid a 3rd runthrough, because i would suppose they would have fixed this glitch on the ps4 version? has anyone actually used this on ps4 and confirm?

its actually not that hard, but it would save some time for upgrades and the likes...

i'm running through this on survivor to avoid a 3rd runthrough, because i would suppose they would have fixed this glitch on the ps4 version? has anyone actually used this on ps4 and confirm?

its actually not that hard, but it would save some time for upgrades and the likes...

Still works, have used it yesterday.

You can play on Easy the first time and Grounded+ the 2nd time to unlock all difficulty related trophies.

• Like 2

Still works, have used it yesterday.

You can play on Easy the first time and Grounded+ the 2nd time to unlock all difficulty related trophies.

cool, i'll use this if need be, we'll see... already did 2 survival runs on ps3, it's getting old by now ;)

• 7 months later...

completing it in reverse on chapter select works great on the ps3 version so hopefully it works on this. you start each chapter with the ammo and equipment you had when you did it on your first new game + file. Assuming you did this on easier difficulty you should have plenty to get you through. if you do chapter select in the correct order you keep your ammo from the previous chapter so you run out pretty quickly. all you need to do then is play the last chapter again which is just a walk through the woods and bang all the trophies pop at the end of the credits, both + and non + varieties

I have a question on this. Let's say I play through on easy and have 3 molotovs in my inventory at all times. I beat the game, start over and Use the new game + trick (post #2) to start chapter 1 as Grounded+ difficulty. Now can I go to chapter select and work backwards through the chapters, starting with 3 molotovs in each chapter, and have that count as Grounded+?

• 1 year later...