Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin season 2?!?!?!?

KiNg_PK

Im so Hyped, I was holding off untill all the episodes were dubbed, but I caved last week and binged watched the Whole first season and holy ish, such a freaking great anime. Ill be anxiously waiting for this second season.

Well according to some of my friends the dub isn't as great as subs (no they are not subbed anime elitist), But apparently they get some of the names wrong and some other stuff is not right.

I haven't watched the subbed or the dubbed so I wouldn't know but I plan on watching this show eventually since it never really sparked my complete and utter interest after watching the first two episodes 

After watching that video hes seems to know what he is talking about except for the part that SnK IS the most popular in the last decade (Probably not the most popular but it is ONE of the most popular animes) also (going from what my friends said) there will be a season 2 for SnK.

Also if you want more info on the japan piracy law stuff here is a link

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136501-Japanese-Government-Enforcing-Anti-Piracy-Law-on-Anime-and-Manga-Update

Edited by wtfman789

Well according to some of my friends the dub isn't as great as subs (no they are not subbed anime elitist), But apparently they get some of the names wrong and some other stuff is not right.

I haven't watched the subbed or the dubbed so I wouldn't know but I plan on watching this show eventually since it never really sparked my complete and utter interest after watching the first two episodes 

After watching that video hes seems to know what he is talking about except for the part that SnK IS the most popular in the last decade (Probably not the most popular but it is ONE of the most popular animes) also (going from what my friends said) there will be a season 2 for SnK.

Also if you want more info on the japan piracy law stuff here is a link

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136501-Japanese-Government-Enforcing-Anti-Piracy-Law-on-Anime-and-Manga-Update

As for it being to most popular, it was top of the Japan Anime/Manga charts for more than half a year beating out long running anime like One Piece and Naruto who were top for years, but I guess to each their own. And it was more popular in the West than it was back East, a lot like how that show Space Dandy aired here before it did in Japan due to the creators previous Title (Cowboy Bebop) doing so well here in the States.

As for it being to most popular, it was top of the Japan Anime/Manga charts for more than half a year beating out long running anime like One Piece and Naruto who were top for years, but I guess to each their own. And it was more popular in the West than it was back East, a lot like how that show Space Dandy aired here before it did in Japan due to the creators previous Title (Cowboy Bebop) doing so well here in the States.

Keep in mind I am not arguing with you.

I wasn't saying that it wasn't the most popular I said it was ONE of the most popular since it is really hard to get a legit source for this kind of stuff (unless you do have a really good source for instance I looked at mal and it says that Death note (2007) is more popular) it is usually in the opinion of the viewer and the few sites that they look at. Otherwise imo Kill La Kill will take this one (eventually since it has recently started the dubbing). And he said last 10 years and not just the last year so you would also have to take into account every anime since 2004.

Edited by wtfman789

I wasn't saying that it wasn't the most popular I said it was ONE of the most popular since it is really hard to get a legit source for this kind of stuff (unless you do have a really good source) it is usually in the opinion of the viewer and the few sites that they look at. Otherwise imo Kill La Kill will take this one (eventually since it has recently started the dubbing).

I was just going off the ANN sales charts, but I completely agree that for each person it's going to be different. 

I know people will hate me a little for this, but I feel like I need to get it off my chest.

I liked attack on titan, but I never really understood why people call it the best anime ever. I like it because it's different and something we've never seen. I can appreciate that. Also it's dark and doesn't have your almost redundant "We'll win with the power of friendship." theme that seems to appear in a lot of anime. I also appreciate that. However, the anime missed the mark with me because the story's pace seemed off towards the end, and it didn't seem like their was enough character development except for Erin. And sometimes, I felt like he got way to much character development because he'd talk to himself for half an episode (hence, why I thought the pacing was terrible). Because of this, everyone else just seemed kind of stale and I felt that many of the characters didn't have much of a personality. The ending had a cool twist but it seemed kind of random because of the lack of character development with "you know who." I found Mikasa and Erin as both interesting characters, but that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're making a second season. The story and theme are great. I just hope they add some character development and pace it better in the next season.

As for it being to most popular, it was top of the Japan Anime/Manga charts for more than half a year beating out long running anime like One Piece and Naruto who were top for years, but I guess to each their own. And it was more popular in the West than it was back East, a lot like how that show Space Dandy aired here before it did in Japan due to the creators previous Title (Cowboy Bebop) doing so well here in the States.[/quote Spaces Dandys really funny! Fab episode was where meow got bit by that zombie alien and then he infected the whole hospital. Really funny episode

I'm not as hyped as most people, unfortunately.

AoT got so SOOOOO much unnecessary hype, then everyone on my FB figured it'd be okay to spoil most of the things.
When I eventually got around to it, it wasn't as good as I heard about imo. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but the main thing that ruined it for me, besides the spoilers is people overhyped it WAAAAY too much.

I'll probably wait Season 2, because I watched Season 1 so why not? 

Hopefully the second season will show how crappy this show actually is... Only good thing is Marina Inoue as Armin.

Anyways, the second season was pretty much sealed after the end of the first which was edited and the tease was put after the ending.

And when the whole seiyuu cast announced the wish to continue working on this series.

Well now I have two animes that I'm awinting to see next year. This and Digimon Adventures. Which means next year I will be following 3 or 4 animes. Shingeki no Kyojin, Digimon Adventures, One Piece and Sailor Moon Crystal if it didn't ended both animes are released. Let's see what wait us in the future animes.

I know people will hate me a little for this, but I feel like I need to get it off my chest.

I liked attack on titan, but I never really understood why people call it the best anime ever. I like it because it's different and something we've never seen. I can appreciate that. Also it's dark and doesn't have your almost redundant "We'll win with the power of friendship." theme that seems to appear in a lot of anime. I also appreciate that. However, the anime missed the mark with me because the story's pace seemed off towards the end, and it didn't seem like their was enough character development except for Erin. And sometimes, I felt like he got way to much character development because he'd talk to himself for half an episode (hence, why I thought the pacing was terrible). Because of this, everyone else just seemed kind of stale and I felt that many of the characters didn't have much of a personality. The ending had a cool twist but it seemed kind of random because of the lack of character development with "you know who." I found Mikasa and Erin as both interesting characters, but that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're making a second season. The story and theme are great. I just hope they add some character development and pace it better in the next season.

I'm not sure if you've read the manga or not so i'm not going to spoil anything, but the end of the anime ended differently than where that part took place in the manga. Some people speculate that it might have its own original anime only story line, with only sight differences between the two. It's just speculation though and a far far off rumor at best.

Hopefully the second season will show how crappy this show actually is...

Maybe, also am I the only one that saw it and thought the plot is just another mecha anime? 

Edit : Armin Best Bro

Edited by Ramonachan

I wonder how far they'll get this time around. The first season ended on what's pretty much the series' highest point, as everything that has followed since hasn't been as interesting nor good, most of it being rather bad (especially the last 10 chapters in the manga so far).

Maybe, also am I the only one that saw it and thought the plot is just another mecha anime? 

Edit : Armin Best Bro

I can kind of see why you mean it, but I think it's more on the vains of stuff like Vampire Hunter D. than mecha.

Edit: Armin's a faggot.

Also it's dark and doesn't have your almost redundant "We'll win with the power of friendship." theme that seems to appear in a lot of anime.

I can't help but laugh a little at you pointing this out, when you're using a Fairy Tail avatar :P.

• Like 1

True. But at least ft has interesting characters! Plus ft isn't even in my top 10 anime.

I quite enjoy it, much more than SnK. One can just tell the SnK train will run out of steam with time and become on of those things that could've been very big, but failed to do it.

I quite enjoy it, much more than SnK. One can just tell the SnK train will run out of steam with time and become on of those things that could've been very big, but failed to do it.

I think ft's niche was character development and just the lighthearted funniness of it. Snk really lacked in the funniness category. Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as others. I tend to be drawn towards funny anime.

It has already run out...

The number of cut off sub-plots is too damn high.

No way! You know you love Secret Agent Levi Skywalker and his attempt to bring down the Empire :rolleyes:.

I think ft's niche was character development and just the lighthearted funniness of it. Snk really lacked in the funniness category. Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as others. I tend to be drawn towards funny anime.

The thing is SnK never tried to be funny, it set out to be dead serious from the start - the number of dead people per chapter (at least during the beginning) proved it. Fairy Tail, on the other hand, is written by Mashima, the guy whose humour is well-known to the point he's willing to add funny bits here and there during serious arcs.

• Like 1