Gold Glitch - Easy Thanatophobia Trophy

Throw7

The special rooms, which are the ones which have a question mark on the map, regenerate breakable items when you quit to the main menu. Because of this you can farm infinite gold and health/magic which makes the Thanatophobia trophy very easy to obtain. The process is as follows:

1) Explore a bit of the castle until you have several special rooms accessible.
2) Quit to the main menu.
3) Go back into the game and use the warp to jump quickly to each special room.
4) Quit to the main menu and rinse and repeat.

Because you can farm infinite gold you should be able to level up your second or third character enough to reach and beat all bosses fairly easily. You can also use this method to refill your health and magic so you can safely clear out the castle room by room.

Every so often you should exit out of the game and make a backup just in case you die. Even though you can get back full health any time you want it is very easy to die at level 0 once you start exploring further in the castle.

This is not the quickest method as the farming is a bit of a grind but it guarantees that anyone should be able to achieve this trophy. On my Thanatophobia run I had collected 200,000 gold by my second character and had spent roughly two hours farming gold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is not the quickest method as the farming is a bit of a grind but it guarantees that anyone should be able to achieve this trophy. On my Thanatophobia run I had collected 200,000 gold by my second character and had spent roughly two hours farming gold.

That sounds like bullshit to me.

How the heck can you farm so much gold, so quickly?

With a level 1 character, you get 10 gold if you're lucky when breaking an object. And if we say that you approximately have 10 objects to break in the rooms with question marks, and out of the 10 objects approximately 4 will contain gold (excluding the rare gold bags).

That means that you've broken ~50.000 objects in two hours? Dosn't really make sense, unless you meant two days instead.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What is the quickest then?

• Like 1

The quickest is either do it legit or use cloud save to have infinite tries, after you do everything else this trophy isn't really that hard, you just need to get lucky with the characters, with the 1st character you should kill Kihdr, 2nd is used to get as much money as you can, 3rd (if you get a shinobi) used to kill Alexander and Ponce (it's not that hard if you get lucky with the boss rooms), and from then on just get lots of gold and eventually kill the other 2 bosses, spending 2 hours farming gold seems like quite a waste of time because you might have a shitty run and not be able to finish it either way

The harderst boss is by far the 4th one in the dungeon, if you get lucky enough to get no foot pulse as a trait you should run there and breeze through it, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

I don't buy the 200k in 2 hours. You can't get that much playing legit on your first life, let alone when you're having to clear a room, reload your save, and then go back to the room again.

Anyway, this method will be helpful for those that are really bad at the game, but getting double jump and dash helps the most. Once you have those, you should easily be able to beat all of the bosses in one or two lives. Of course, abusing cloud saves helps a lot as well.

This is not the best way to earn money. I must say, that this glitch just sucks and it takes way to long to farm more money.
And for every upgrade in the game, You would need like milion of those coins, which is something like few weeks of heavy grinding.

There is another good way to earn money but You can do it just once per run, but still, I think it's far better than this glitch above.

Here is in few points the new method:

• Collect as many coins as You can, run through whole castle, forest, dungeon and tower. If Your character is too weak than do just a castle and forest (Forest is like Normal mode in my opinion, Tower Hard, and Dungeon Very Hard).

• When You will find room with 3 chests DON'T OPEN THEM!

• Make a backup save (cloud, usb, etc.)

• Now search for the right chest, and when You will find it, just load up your save and open the chest.

If You're lucky, You can make a few thousands of coins in no time. The more You collect in the first point, the more You will gain from the chest, as it multiplies 25% of your ammount by x3 (if I remember right).

Try it. When You have higher level You can do runs trough whole game and one hitting everything.
If You are lucky You can find Haron Charm, which doubles or even triples the coins You gain from killing enemies and objects.

Check it, won't harm to try :)

• Like 1