Nintendo Announces New 3DS and 3DS XL

Parker

It's a great design for who and what exactly? It's Nintendo creating more confusion within their own products with similar naming conventions. There are still tons of people to this day that don't know that the wii u is a successor to the wii. In order to sell these things there has to be some product differentiation in the names at least. Why are they trying to fix something that wasn't broken. Since someone over there is in the fixing mood how about they spend a little bit more time on their console issues.

It is kind of stupid that they're using the 3DS name, when they wouldn't be getting any of this backlash if they named it something new and said it was a new system, because in basically every way, that's what it is. But, they are likely afraid of doing that, because of what happened when they jumped from the DS to the 3DS. It took a good 2 years before the 3DS started to sell. So, they're trying to avoid that this time, by calling it an upgraded 3DS. Even though, like I said, it's a new system.

But you guys, it has changeable faceplates.  Changable.  Faceplates.

It is ultimately a confusing prospect, especially with "exclusive" New 3DS games, but to a new customer, it's an exciting proposition, especially if it means the New 3DS will get some more graphically advanced titles, or if existing ones will run smoother on the new handheld.

They said some games will be exclusive to it. As far as existing games, they said some games can benefit from the better processing (faster loading screens, smoother FPS) but are not upgraded graphically.

I agree with the guy in the video that the reason why they're making the new 3DS is to test out how willing is the public on buying a whole new console after just releasing another one, to see if they can do that with the Wii U.

I don't know about that. The 3DS has been out since February of 2011, the Wii U was released in December of 2012 so there is quite a big difference in the time the systems have been on the market. 

One of the main reasons Sega is no longer with us today (as a console manufacturer) is because of their shenanigans in the  '90's. They released a bunch on consoles (or add-ons) very close together so consumers didn't know what to buy and were generally frustrated with Sega, if Nintendo gives up on the Wii U this soon and then sells this "new" 3DS I think they'll lose even more of their fanbase.

What Nintendo needs to do with the Wii U is stop fucking over their core gamer who has been with them since the NES. We were promised a bunch of great games as well as third party support and while there are definitely some great games on the Wii U there is not nearly enough, and the third party support is practically non existent as well.

Parker 

I wanna play omega ruby so it would be ok to get a regular 3ds xl right? I don't see that much of a jump in difference.

Yes, you can play the upcoming Pokemon games with a regular 3DS XL. There will be games exclusive to the "New" 3DS but I don't imagine Pokemon will be one of those until at least the next generation of games. 

Parker

Yes, you can play the upcoming Pokemon games with a regular 3DS XL. There will be games exclusive to the "New" 3DS but I don't imagine Pokemon will be one of those until at least the next generation of games. 

Parker

Yeah I only want it for the pokemon games. Are the gba pokemon games available on the nintendo store to play on them?