Favorite Chinese food

SmasherPV

Chinese food in the US is strongly modified to suit American tastes, and I suspect it's the same in other Western countries. Not that I'm saying it's bad, but if you go to China and expect a fortune cookie, you'll get funny looks. :P

I traveled in China with a group for 18 days back in 2005, and it was an interesting experience. Yes, I ate Chinese food for 18 straight days, and didn't touch any other utensil other than a pair of chopsticks and those boat-like spoons the Chinese like to use.

Anyways, one experience I enjoyed was a multi-course dumpling dinner in Xi'an. You probably know them as pot stickers. Here though, they like to make them in unique ways, making them look like flowers, bugs, fish, birds, etc. They got sweet ones and savory ones, vegetable and meat fillings, even dessert ones. They look like this:

xian-dumpling-dinner.jpg

I hadn't been able to find anywhere else that does something like that, apparently it's a unique they do in that province. You wouldn't think eating dinner one small dumpling per course at a time would make you full, but I thought I was going to die from overeating that night.

• Like 1

Ingesting, Maybe I should tell my Local Chinese Restaurant that :hmm:

Also Don't you mean "Gu Lou Yuk"(AKA. "Sweet & Sour")

Ku lu Yuk is pork balls fried in breadcrumbs

Ingesting, Maybe I should tell my Local Chinese Restaurant that :hmm:

Also Don't you mean "Gu Lou Yuk"(AKA. "Sweet & Sour")

Ku lu Yuk is pork balls fried in breadcrumbs