Sealed Portals/Sand Might Trophy Glitch

Hi, I've just beat this game for the first time and I used a checklist for the collectibles and got all them but I never got the trophy for sealing all the sand portals? Also apparently you're meant to get the Sand Might trophy as well when you have sealed the last sand portal. I'm not too annoyed about it as if I want to platinum this game I still have to play through on normal and easy but I was wondering if this is a known glitch or if it has happened to anyone else? Cheers.

I'm pretty certain I got them all as I used a guide similar to this on playstationtrophies. Is there a place you can die after collecting a sand portal that would put you ahead but would put the portal back as not collected? That's the only real theory I can think of. I remember one of the sand portals said I had collected another sand tank when I already had 6 and it was filled up. It ended up regenerating my sands until I became the Dark Prince shortly after.

• 4 months later...

I have the answer:

Did you play the game in Hard? Because if you're playing in Hard the trophies will not pop. Try to earn those trophies in your Normal/Easy playthroughs. I searched your PSN profile, I saw that you already earned those trophies. I publish this comment if someone has the same doubt. Take Care!

Edited by Pottercito_

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me and I did not play in hard. I did not get the 3rd power but a sand tank and lost out on 2 gold trophies. I originally just wanted to play The Sands of Time again but when I popped in the trilogy disc, all 3 trophy lists were installed, so I put some time in this title too. Won't be starting it again though.

Edited by Vorlon

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't get these either on my first run. Gonna be looking at the guide and YouTube for these from now on, just in case.

Edit: on my second run, portal 7 had no enemies around it, so I couldn't close it.

I reloaded a save, the enemies were still gone, but this time the portal looked as if I had killed them. 

I closed it and gained a Sand Tank, will report if the trophies pop later on.

Edit 2: got them

Edited by Bratinov

• 2 months later...

i have the same issue. 2 run done and no trophy for portals and all sand powers. 

EDIT: Got both Trophies but for who want to get platinum must be warned that those trophies are hardly glitched. my advice is to be sure to seal 8 portals and then make a save before the 9th and last portal (the garden's one). try to seal it and if for some reason don't get trophies, try to reload and try again. i got my trophies during my last run on hard, so for 2 runs i did't get those.   

Edited by Phoenixofadranon