PS4 Gold Headset Causing Headache?

Alyri

Not sure if this forum is the appropriate place for accessory related discussion but earlier today I purchased the PS Gold Headset to use with my consoles. However, after putting them on for around 15 minutes my head started to feel really clamped. Roughly by the 30 minute mark my head was hurting really bad and I had to remove the headset completely with mild pain extending into the next hour. Does anyone else have this problem with a brand new Gold headset? Any advice or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks you!

Also, the headsets look really tight compared to my old Tritton Kunai after removing it from the box. Could that be the issue with this specific one?

8b8sSNO.png

Based on your photo they look like they would be rather tight fitting. I started using a headset a couple of months ago (Astro A50s) and I found them rather uncomfortable at first but after a week or two I got used to them. I still find them slightly uncomfortable from time to time but for the most part they are fine. So it could just be you need to get used to them first. Although from what you say that may not be the issue. You could try putting something between them when you aren't using them to see if they stretch at all.

Based on your photo they look like they would be rather tight fitting. I started using a headset a couple of months ago (Astro A50s) and I found them rather uncomfortable at first but after a week or two I got used to them. I still find them slightly uncomfortable from time to time but for the most part they are fine. So it could just be you need to get used to them first. Although from what you say that may not be the issue. You could try putting something between them when you aren't using them to see if they stretch at all.

This is a good idea, I have them over a slightly stretched over my speakers at the moment. But I'd imagine it would take quite some time for the size to actually expand for my head to feel a difference. Le sigh.

I'm sorry sir, it appears it you have giant head disease. 

I suggest you tell your clearly over weight head to perhaps consider a diet... 

I don't own this head set so I can't say, if it's too tight, take it back. ;P

Prior to getting this one, I tried out the Afterglow Stereo headset as well as the Turtle Beach PX21 which both kind of hurt my head. Then I got the Tritton Kunai which was really comfortable but I wanted to upgrade to a newer headset for my PS4 that I'm getting this coming Tuesday and ended up with this one (Since they're both white!). But yea if I can't get them to work it's going to have to go back.

I've never had any issues with mine. You did adjust them to try to get them to fit more comfortably right? Edit: I know that's probably a dumb question but it still needs to be asked just to cover that.

This was the first thing I did. As you can see in the picture, I have the muffs oriented slightly up as I think I have a pretty small head so the muffs can comfortably cover over my ears. I think it's the band thing that holds the muffs is too tight? Which causes the muffs to expel a lot of pressure on the pressure points above my ears which causes the pains over time *assumption*.

Not sure if this forum is the appropriate place for accessory related discussion but earlier today I purchased the PS Gold Headset to use with my consoles. However, after putting them on for around 15 minutes my head started to feel really clamped. Roughly by the 30 minute mark my head was hurting really bad and I had to remove the headset completely with mild pain extending into the next hour. Does anyone else have this problem with a brand new Gold headset? Any advice or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks you!

Also, the headsets look really tight compared to my old Tritton Kunai after removing it from the box. Could that be the issue with this specific one?

8b8sSNO.png

son of a bitch got that destiny headset!

Anyway, try lowering the ear cups more, makes them nice and looser for me

I got these recently, though they're the black ones, and overall they're fairly comfortable. I think they should be slightly wider, but everything is cushion-y enough to be comfortable for a decent length of time. Mine rest pretty low on my ears so they don't get too tight. But for headphones, which I generally find uncomfortable, I like these.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! After trying them on and off for a couple of more days, I don't think it's gotten better. I'm going to try to swap these ones out for another one of the same one (just to see if this specific one was made too tight). Hopefully it'll work out *fingers crossed*

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...