PSASBR is SO unbalanced!

During my quest for the simple Platinum trophy, i played a dozen or two online games and i've gotta say, this game is ridiculously unbalanced! Everyone seems to use Kratos, Dante or Raiden every time!

Forget the fact that most people i played against were rank 999, even the noobs i played against would be hard to fight since they were using one of these three charactes! All they have to do is spam the square button to use their combos which have ungodly range, fill up their AP meter, press R2 and im done. i could hold my own with Ratchet for a long while but it more often than not, it was futile. I got all the online trophies with sheer luck and its a good thing i did.

Dont get me wrong, this game was a good experience, i enjoyed the unique way to KO an opponent, the mix of characters and the simple trophies are definitely a plus but im certainly not going back to play it any time soon, not the online mode at least! If they ever make a sequel, the thing they should work on the most is balance! And animated intros/outros for the Arcade Mode, that too!

What do you guys think

• Like 3

This is one of those games where the best time to get the Plat, is when it JUST comes out. Yeah I totally agree that this game is unbalanced trust me. You want to talk Unbalanced? Kat is RIDICULOUS to fight against no matter who you choose to fight her against. If you managed to not see a single Kat player, you were LUCKY. All and all, the game has so much potential, but was evidently not that successful.

• Like 2

I sadly agree with you. Everybody I played against either uses Dante, Kratos, Raiden, Jak, Ratchet, Nariko, and Sir Daniel because they either have quick or powerfully dangerous combos. I myself was overpowered using Dante and Spike in arcade mode, but I don't use them when playing online.

And it really irritates me when somebody throws me towards the wall using Kratos online. :lol:

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

This is one of those games where the best time to get the Plat, is when it JUST comes out. Yeah I totally agree that this game is unbalanced trust me. You want to talk Unbalanced? Kat is RIDICULOUS to fight against no matter who you choose to fight her against. If you managed to not see a single Kat player, you were LUCKY. All and all, the game has so much potential, but was evidently not that successful.

For me, the only characters which posed problems were the terrible trio i listed at the top. People tell me that Kat, Radec and Big Daddy are just as bad if not worse but i never bumped into any of those and i guess i should be thankful by the sounds of it!

I sadly agree with you. Everybody I played against either uses Dante, Kratos, Raiden, Jak, Ratchet, Nariko, and Sir Daniel because they either have quick or powerfully dangerous combos. I myself was overpowered using Dante and Spike in arcade mode, but I don't use them when playing online.

And it really irritates me when somebody throws me towards the wall using Kratos online. :lol:

Of the three i had problems with, Kratos took the cake and ate it too. It got to the point where if i saw a Kratos, i just left

For me, the only characters which posed problems were the terrible trio i listed at the top. People tell me that Kat, Radec and Big Daddy are just as bad if not worse but i never bumped into any of those and i guess i should be thankful by the sounds of it!

Of the three i had problems with, Kratos took the cake and ate it too. It got to the point where if i saw a Kratos, i just left

Surprisingly, Radec is the worst to play against. :P I'm sure he'd take the cake and obliterate it. :lol:

Yeah man be grateful lol. I can't seem to stop playing that game for some reason. I have been playing it since launch and still find myself playing it to this day. Honestly though, every character can be annoying if you really think about it.

I'll probably only play this on my alt account and not worry about trophy hunting on it. I'd like to try it out, but I'm not great (read: 'rubbish') at fighters. I wouldn't stand a chance online, especially from what you say... I'll be a casual player on this. I'm the same on Retro/Grade, Demons Souls and a few others that have appeared on IGC.

Yeah man be grateful lol. I can't seem to stop playing that game for some reason. I have been playing it since launch and still find myself playing it to this day. Honestly though, every character can be annoying if you really think about it.

Every character is annoying, sure, but its the level of annoyance and cheapness that really matters. If i lost to a PaRappa, Spike, Sackboy or Jak, yeah i would be annoyed but i would take it like a man

What? I liked the dlc characters

Two of the four characters you listed are on my shit list. Using the power of logics, algorithms and physics i concluded that you are in fact Satan himself. How do you plea?

• Like 1

Every character is annoying, sure, but its the level of annoyance and cheapness that really matters. If i lost to a PaRappa, Spike, Sackboy or Jak, yeah i would be annoyed but i would take it like a man

Two of the four characters you listed are on my shit list. Using the power of logics, algorithms and physics i concluded that you are in fact Satan himself. How do you plea?

Fudge cakes you found my identity! well off to Europe !!!

I'll probably only play this on my alt account and not worry about trophy hunting on it. I'd like to try it out, but I'm not great (read: 'rubbish') at fighters. I wouldn't stand a chance online, especially from what you say... I'll be a casual player on this. I'm the same on Retro/Grade, Demons Souls and a few others that have appeared on IGC.

There's not that many online trophies so you can still give it a try but im sure Kratos, Dante and Raiden have all given me some sort of PTSD!

Did you get to fight against anyone using Issac, shit! I hated fighting against Issac, Kratos, Zues, Raiden, and Radec. I agree though, the game is very unbalance which is sad because its made by some of the greatest fighter fans in the gaming industry.

Its a huge shame, really. I really hope they balance everything in the sequel (if they make on)

Edited by Sir_Palkia

I'm Dante :(

Did you get to fight against anyone using Issac, shit! I hated fighting against Issac, Kratos, Zues, Raiden, and Radec. I agree though, the game is very unbalance which is sad because its made by some of the greatest fighter fans in the gaming industry.

I consider Issac Clarke as my main pre patch and even now with the new patch. A lot of people quit Issac Clarke when he became a Zoner character. Not me though :) I understand why you disliked him so much. He was way to powerful even though I learned ALOT of sweet combos with him...sucks all that knowledge went to the trash when the new patch came in. Oh well, he is still my favorite character :)

Weird i thought you were a hardcore trophy hunter, this should be easy for you hehe.

Well now talking serious, i have to say that i'm surprised about this, i remember watching forums in other sites saying that the game is a lot of fun, even here. 

Really, if i would know that this game would be part of the IGC i would NEVER waste those 5 bucks when it was on sale. 

For me the worst is when you play against a team and one of them is just spamming to grab you and get the orbs, or just waiting for the level 3 to win the match and if they're playing on vita is even worse.

Weird i thought you were a hardcore trophy hunter, this should be easy for you hehe.

Well now talking serious, i have to say that i'm surprised about this, i remember watching forums in other sites saying that the game is a lot of fun, even here. 

Really, if i would know that this game would be part of the IGC i would NEVER waste those 5 bucks when it was on sale. 

For me the worst is when you play against a team and one of them is just spamming to grab you and get the orbs, or just waiting for the level 3 to win the match and if they're playing on vita is even worse.

it is quite fun, it really is but the unbalanced metagame just really puts me off! 

AND IM TOTALLY A HARDCORE TROPHY HUNTER. MY MUM SAID SO!

I'm Satan Prinny god damn it you ignorant fudge cake!!!! And now my new identity is ......Issac Clark

Oh hi Isaac! I loved you in Dead Space 1!

I consider Issac Clarke as my main pre patch and even now with the new patch. A lot of people quit Issac Clarke when he became a Zoner character. Not me though :) I understand why you disliked him so much. He was way to powerful even though I learned ALOT of sweet combos with him...sucks all that knowledge went to the trash when the new patch came in. Oh well, he is still my favorite character :)

I never got to play against Isaac Clarke. It'd be sweet to know his combos and get beaten by him over and over again try to beat him. ^_^

• Like 2