What Game is/was A "Console Exclusive" that isn't "Cross-Platform"(Ported from PC, Arcade or Another Console)

DarknessKey92

Been wondering which game/s are "Console Exclusive" that Aren't "Cross-Platform"(Ported from PC, Arcade or Another Console). The only I know to be Possibly "Console Exclusives" Released for their respected Console Are:

• Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Metrico - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Drakengard 3 - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Resogun - PlayStation 4 Exclusive
  • Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Time and Eternity - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Gravity Rush - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Tokyo Jungle - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Rain - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Puppeteer - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Heavy Rain - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Genji: Days of the Blade - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • White Knight Chronicles II - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Bleach: Soul Resurreccion - PlayStation 3 Exclusive

Notice this is the "Console" Section, and not the "Playstation Network" Section....That means "I want to know which game/s Are/were "Exclusively Released for other consoles aside from the PlayStation Brands"

Such as:

Wii/U, 3/DS, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

Please put "which game/s" & for which "Console(PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Wii U)" they were "Exclusive" for.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Been wondering which game/s are "True Console Exclusives" that Aren't "Ported from PC or Arcade". The only I know to be Possibly True Exclusives to their released Console Are:

• Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Metrico - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Drakengard 3 - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Resogun - PlayStation 4 Exclusive
  • Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Time and Eternity - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Gravity Rush - PlayStation Vita Exclusive
  • Tokyo Jungle - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Rain - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Puppeteer - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Heavy Rain - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Genji: Days of the Blade - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • White Knight Chronicles II - PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Bleach: Soul Resurreccion - PlayStation 3 Exclusive

Notice this is the "Console" Section, and not the "Playstation Network" Section....That means "I want to know which game/s Are True Exclusives for other consoles aside from the PlayStation Brands"

Such as:

Wii/U, 3/DS, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

Please put which game/s & for which console(PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Wii U) they were exclusive for.

Some of the games you have mention are not true exclusives. True exclusives are games that are first party strictly and won't change until further notice (Mass Effect). Third party games ain't true exclusives because change any time. 

How about Jak & Daxter (1-2-3) unless you consider port from PS2 as "untrue" exclusive

I was confused about that too @ first, when companies label "God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia" HD remakes/Collections as PS3 Exclusives...when they're still "Ported" from another/previous Console...the same with Tales of Graces F(PS3) Being ported from Wii.

So I Consider the "Console Ported" games as "False-Exclusives" & call them "Cross-Platform".

• Like 1

Some of the games you have mention are not true exclusives. True exclusives are games that are first party strictly and won't change until further notice (Mass Effect). Third party games ain't true exclusives because change any time. 

Ah I see, I might have to change the Thread title to "What Game is/was A "Console Exclusive" that isn't "Cross-Platform"(Ported from PC, Arcade or Another Console)" then...I had trouble titling the thread without typing what I wanted to ask, and didn't know there was a "True Console Exclusive" term for companies releasing games as "First-party"...lol(well you learn something daily).

Now I guess I'll have to type the long sentence title.

Ah I see, I might have to change the Thread title to "What Game is/was A "Console Exclusive" that isn't "Cross-Platform"(Ported from PC, Arcade or Another Console)" then...I had trouble titling the thread without typing what I wanted to ask, and didn't know there was a "True Console Exclusive" term for companies releasing games as "First-party"...lol(well you learn something daily).

Now I guess I'll have to type the long sentence title.

It's not your fault it's the pubs and devs changing the status of games lol.

All the Ratchet & Clank Future games are PS3 exclusive, the Spyro and Crash trilogies were PS1 exclusive (still kinda are as the PS1 Classics are more like emulations than anything), same goes for every Digimon game on PS1, both Monster Ranchers (again, the PS1 games), Bloody Roar 1 and 2 were PS1 exclusive, Croc 1 and 2 were also PS1 exclusive, Vib Ribbon was PS1 exclusive too, Wild 9 was, Knuckles Chaotix is exclusive to the 32X. SoulCalibur III, Tekkens 4 and 5, Digimon World Data Squad, Monster Rancher 3, Primal, Klonoa 2: Lunateas Veil and DOA 2 were all PS2 exclusives. As someone said, every Nintendo game is exclusive to Nintendo platforms. uh, there's a lot more but I can't remember now...

Edited by kamifox1

Dark cloud, Dark Chronicle / dark cloud 2 and Rouge Galaxy ( are all ps2 exclusive.. sadly i still wish for an HD ports of them :( )

neopet's the darkest faerie ( ps2 exclusive )

the original spyro the dragon 1, 2 and 3 ( no HD remaster nor a remake been made for them so... ps1 exclusive )

fatal frame 3 ( still a ps2 exclusive, unless or until Nintendo plans to remade it for the Wii U or 3DS one day )

MGS4 ( ps3 exclusive )

Resident Evil outbreak & outbreak file 2 ( ps2 exclusive )

Gran Turismo 1, 2 ( ps1 exclusive ). GT 3, 4, TT ( ps2 exclusive ). GT 5, 6, Nissan academy 12, Nissan academy 13 ( ps3 exclusive ).... though i read somewhere that in japan there's actually a stripped down port for the arcades of GT5 and Nintendo Wii U's Mario Kart 8 where you only play the arcade mode part of both of these games, though only in japan they were exist, not so sure if this is true or not.

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 ( ps3 exclusives ) until the time Sony announce an HD collection of an already an HD games :lol: for the ps4 soon.

banjo kazooie nuts & bolts ( Xbox 360 exclusive )

World of Warcraft ( PC exclusive )

the list could goes on but i'll stop here, but pretty much any game made by first party Sony or Nintendo will gonna ended up Exclusive each for their platforms. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

Dark cloud, Dark Chronicle / dark cloud 2 and Rouge Galaxy ( are all ps2 exclusive.. sadly i still wish for an HD ports of them :( )

neopet's the darkest faerie ( ps2 exclusive )

the original spyro the dragon 1, 2 and 3 ( no HD remaster nor a remake been made for them so... ps1 exclusive )

fatal frame 3 ( still a ps2 exclusive, unless or until Nintendo plans to remade it for the Wii U or 3DS one day )

MGS4 ( ps3 exclusive )

Resident Evil outbreak & outbreak file 2 ( ps2 exclusive )

Gran Turismo 1, 2 ( ps1 exclusive ). GT 3, 4, TT ( ps2 exclusive ). GT 5, 6, Nissan academy 12, Nissan academy 13 ( ps3 exclusive ).... though i read somewhere that in japan there's actually a stripped down port for the arcades of GT5 and Nintendo Wii U's Mario Kart 8 where you only play the arcade mode part of both of these games, though only in japan they were exist, not so sure if this is true or not.

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 ( ps3 exclusives ) until the time Sony announce an HD collection of an already an HD games :lol: for the ps4 soon.

banjo kazooie nuts & bolts ( Xbox 360 exclusive )

World of Warcraft ( PC exclusive )

the list could goes on but i'll stop here, but pretty much any game made by first party Sony or Nintendo will gonna ended up Exclusive each for their platforms. 

But none of those were made by Sony or Nintendo, only published/licensed.

Dark Cloud was Level 5, I believe, Spyro was Insomniac Games, MGS is Kojima, Resident Evil is Capcom, Uncharted is Naughty Dog, Banjo Kazooie is Rare and WoW is Blizzard. The ones I didn't mention I'm unsure on who they were made by but I know it's not Sony or Nintendo.

But none of those were made by Sony or Nintendo, only published/licensed.

Dark Cloud was Level 5, I believe, Spyro was Insomniac Games, MGS is Kojima, Resident Evil is Capcom, Uncharted is Naughty Dog, Banjo Kazooie is Rare and WoW is Blizzard. The ones I didn't mention I'm unsure on who they were made by but I know it's not Sony or Nintendo.

Naughty dog is been purchased by sony back in 1999 so that's pretty much made them a Sony's first party.

Gran Turismo series was made by Polyphony digital, polyphony digital is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Mario Kart 8 was made by Nintendo EAD, that's Nintendo them self's all over.

Banjo kazooie nut's & bolts is made by rare ware, MS now owned rare and now rare and MS studio works together ( rare is dead now unfortunately but this made them a first party.

and i think the topic is about games that released on this console / platform or that as an exclusive and they remain exclusive to this day as they never leaved the original platform.

Edited by yellowwindow7

I was confused about that too @ first, when companies label "God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia" HD remakes/Collections as PS3 Exclusives...when they're still "Ported" from another/previous Console...the same with Tales of Graces F(PS3) Being ported from Wii.

So I Consider the "Console Ported" games as "False-Exclusives" & call them "Cross-Platform".

I can agree to what you are saying, but I think the media use it differently.

If a game is avaible for PS3 and PS4, most still consider it to be an exclusive.

I think "exclusive" is often used to just furiate fanboys who don't own them.

Because a game exclusive to PS4, won't really bother a PS3 owner on a large scale since most of us will "upgrade" within a few years.

I can agree to what you are saying, but I think the media use it differently.

If a game is avaible for PS3 and PS4, most still consider it to be an exclusive.

I think "exclusive" is often used to just furiate fanboys who don't own them.

Because a game exclusive to PS4, won't really bother a PS3 owner on a large scale since most of us will "upgrade" within a few years.

Gonna bookmark this just incase the  PS4 LTD end up being way longer than the PS3's by the end of this gen.

Was supposed to say shorter not longer. Just incase the whole contraction of the console market is true and the PS4 ends up selling less than it's predecessor did by this gen's end.

I don't think any console this gen has sold as much as last gen yet (unless you count 3DS).