Destiny(The game no one is playing) is now the best selling ip in the world.

ZeroXOF

Destiny is on fire and is selling lemonade so fast you probably drank a cup and didn't even know it. The bad news is Japan was not really feeling it only selling 140,000+ copies and that was only on PS3 and PS4.

Here's the link::

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-17-destiny-becomes-worlds-best-selling-new-ip

Now the main question is, will this happen for Destiny 2?

Edited by ZeroXOF

It also has one of the biggest budgets for any game ever, so that means a ton of marketing. Plus it has an extremely talented and well respected studio behind it too which just adds to the hype. All in all, not too surprising that it is selling a shitton of copies. 

The better question, as you said, is how will Destiny 2 fare? Personally I see a Destiny becoming a very successful franchise (it would be great to see some books, like we saw with Halo) and I look forward to seeing what Bungie has in store for us. 

Parker

Japan is smart! All fps are crap all the same! :) Only in America it will sell!! Maybe if it was 3rd person I would have got! 

That's the way I feel about JRPG's they're all the same, all crap.

Most FPS don't do so well in Japan especially sci-fi ones

Edited by Azaan60

Japan is smart! All fps are crap all the same! :) Only in America it will sell!! Maybe if it was 3rd person I would have got! 

While I admit tps trumps fps, people have different views on what genres they like and we can't change that. Also I want to ask, why do you hate fps when nearly all recent tps games copy the same formula but in a different view?

It also has one of the biggest budgets for any game ever, so that means a ton of marketing. Plus it has an extremely talented and well respected studio behind it too which just adds to the hype. All in all, not too surprising that it is selling a shitton of copies. 

The better question, as you said, is how will Destiny 2 fare? Personally I see a Destiny becoming a very successful franchise (it would be great to see some books, like we saw with Halo) and I look forward to seeing what Bungie has in store for us. 

Parker

If Bungie and Activision can come across a deal where the game retains it's integrity then Destiny has got a long future. One thing I know Activision isn't doing anymore is long term content. For now it won't hurt them but with the Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive coming, it spells bad news for them a bit.

Parker

This is something I'd like to see as well. Though hopefully whatever publisher they use actually proofreads them this time unlike the Halo books which had typos and extra words on pretty much every page for the first 4 books. I haven't read any since then so not sure if they've improved or not.

Everytime i see a new Destiny topic, i know it will be bashing and stan fights.

People is opinion, if you want my for instance, i think Destiny is the best FPS in years, and im not even a FPS fan. i wont go into more details to avoid more bashing. But since im here, i think that apart from Bioshock, this one really got my atention and im having blasts of fun. If you didnt like it, sell it, or better yet, avoid buying more into the future. Its unfair to the millions that actually bought and like it, the other million can play Call of Duty Advance Warfare or any other game that you know will be a different experience later this year, :) have fun guys 

Edited by Mah2c