Relationships (Hardship)

Dreakon139

Relationships are strange old things; as soon as one thing goes wrong it seems that every beautiful moment or memory from the past goes out the window. You could be so happy together, yet at the drop of a hat be left confused and hurt. Relationships are bound by each others' desire to get over such hard times; if you love someone and are happy with them you'll persevere through and ultimately realise that those happy memories and the thought of creating more happy memories together is what makes being together so special in the first place.

However, if you decide to part ways you have to ask yourself were you happy enough with the other person to endure such hardship and try to come out the other side? All relationships come to a point where you have to ask yourself if you still want to be with this person. No relationship is perfect, even with compromise, understanding and love involved. After all, you're dealing with two personalities being intrinsically linked and bouncing off each other; sooner or later the respective personalities will bounce off each other in a bad way. I've learnt that the hard way. Three and a half years is a long time, amigo - a very long time to spend being so intimate with someone.

My advice is (whether or not it's needed anymore) is to genuinely ask yourself is this person worth going through pain, going through deep hurt and most importantly, are they someone who you truly love and someone who you can honestly say you're happy being with? Above all else, if you're not happy, they're not happy. If you fell out over something fickle, then talk it out and you'll see where your desires truly lie.

Or he decided a website with a bunch of gamers wasn't the BEST place for relations ship advice

Bingo.

Thanks guys, for the record this isn't really a matter of us breaking up over something fickle. We've had our share of those over the years and we've been fine. This is bigger though, and something that probably can't really be fixed anytime soon. And no, no one cheated on anyone lol. I still have the utmost respect for her.

So any advice to coping with it is appreciated, advice about trying to make it work out probably doesn't matter too much at this point.

The best coping mechanism is time with good friends. Also, as messed up as it is, the 2nd best is a new relationship/fling. You don't get over a break up by sitting around pondering what went wrong.

That's the plan actually. I've been neglecting my friends a little bit between work and driving myself insane over things... so I'm going to do my best to get off my ass and hang out with people. That or get on my ass and work on a few platinum's I've been neglecting. ;)

A new relationship/fling won't happen though. Not never, of course, but not yet. I'd rather take the time to figure myself out before I go that route.

Or he decided a website with a bunch of gamers wasn't the BEST place for relations ship advice

100% correct!

Just leave it at that Dreakon. Personal matters are best kept...well, personal. At the very least, find a few folks to PM/Private chat with rather than letting every ding-dong with a computer to see and comment on your personal affairs.

100% correct!

Just leave it at that Dreakon. Personal matters are best kept...well, personal. At the very least, find a few folks to PM/Private chat with rather than letting every ding-dong with a computer to see and comment on your personal affairs.

That's the plan, though writing things out tends to help me figure things out in my head. And in the end it's not like venting about the situation is a real invasion of privacy, I'm not giving out names and phone numbers and addresses or anything. Nor will doing so or not doing so effect the situation whatsoever... what's done is done.

That said, I won't be going into anymore detail. Mostly because I don't feel like some jackhole telling me what I did or didn't do right. Just glad to see a few fellow PS3 gamers share my pain. ;)

The problem with men is often times they just blame themselves, and what they did that was wrong, when they should be concentrating on all the good things they did during the relationship and to use them as an anchor in the sea of letting go. Let the past drift away with the waves.

Time is the best coping you have. You will forget with time so dont worry.

But I advise you to think about what went wrong and to evaluate yourself. If ít was your fault I strongly advice you to take the easy route and apologize, but if it's not your fault only then you can think about coping.

3,5 years is a long time, and relationsship without giving and taking is almost impossible to maintain.

I dont know what happend but the best thing I advise you to do is to invite her again and talk it over. This is the best thing you can do.

Since you dont give your/her's real name and other personal things, then its not really any harm in it, in the otherhand you may get good advices. You never know unless you share your problem with the others.