The MMA Discussion thread

SuffyZorugelion

5 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

See it ending up being a wrestling match ending in a decision, just like Ngannou vs Gane.

Of course that won't happen, but it would be somewhat funny. Also, imagine if Perreira wins by knockout, and retires in the post interview, saying "I just wanted to show him who's the best."

"That was "izzy"

Edited by Satsuki-sama

When I saw there were no new comments here before I watched the main card, I thought there would be no surprises in this card.

Oh boy.

The first surprise was that Rockhold not only survived the first round, but also threw that 360 roundhouse in the second. :D Of course, the result in terms of who would win was as expected, but it was a pretty entertaining fight. I think Izzy did a real number on Costa though, he still doesn't look like before.

Then the first round in the main event, I was not prepared for that at all. After that, most of the fight went absolutely as expected (the footstomps and fake cupshot cries really didn't need to make a return though). And then that beautiful shot at the end.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Predictions for Olivera vs. Makhachev?

Honestly I have my money on Olivera. This fight week he has seemed very serious, and watching his fights you can see his true strength. I think this will be a great fight, and it could go either way.

hmbhsurdp2v91.jpg

Edit: Well, I was completely and absolutely wrong. Here comes the rise of the Dagestani boys. Khabib was right when he said many people out of his gym were up next, including Islam and Khamzat.

Edited by Troz
Whoops

4 hours ago, Satsuki-sama said:

Charles lost... :(

Now, Khabib and Islam dickriders are going to be on fire.

On the flip side, Conor must be absolutely seething right now because Khabib's buddy won the title. Knowing the guys ego, I'm sure he still hasn't let it go and I'm shocked he still hasn't tweeted anything to draw attention to himself after Islam's victory. Probably thinking of some way to throw out some weak title challenge claim, as always. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Satsuki-sama said:

Charles lost... :(

Now, Khabib and Islam dickriders are going to be on fire.

the whole charles dick riders are getting outta hand just as much as khabib dick riders every comment section i looked in for mma was all about charles repeating the same stuff 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was rooting for Pereira but the stoppage was shit, very disappointing. This isn't women MMA and it's a championship bout, just let them fight for Christ's sake. Adesanya wasn't out, was still standing and moving his head avoiding punches. Sure he was hurt badly but I've seen people survive and come back from worse. Just pisses me off when a shit ref ruins such a good fight.

Edit: Damn, just found out Rumble Johnson has died. Was just 38 years old. RIP. 

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot

We can never really call a stoppage early with certainty (I mean ... unless it was an obvious mistake by the ref), that only works for late stoppages. In the moment I felt it was too early, especially in a title fight. Might have been a good call though. We will never know. I think you can make an argument for a good stoppage. I didn't like it though.

But it's a fascinating story with these two, and to think we probably wouldn't even have had this fight if the judges didn't rob Izzy in the first one (because without that, there would have likely be no rematch, thus no KO, thus no incentive for the UFC to fast track Pereira, if he would have even signed).

RIP Rumble, just heard it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

What we learned from 282:

-Topuria is a beast

-Raul Rojas is as good as he is ugly

-Paddy got exposed and made a fool of himself

-Judges are officially paid by Dana

-Dana White is a crook

-Having no women matches on the card is awesome

-Jan is a big teddy bear and Ankalaev is a big cry baby

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

What we learned from 282:

-Topuria is a beast

-Raul Rojas is as good as he is ugly

-Paddy got exposed and made a fool of himself

-Judges are officially paid by Dana

-Dana White is a crook

-Having no women matches on the card is awesome

Damn never hated someone as much as Dana White. I hope he`ll be out of mma one day

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

JON JONES IS BACK BABY!

Five Jon Jones Fights To Watch Before UFC 285 | UFC

I am a huge fan of Jon. This is my first time seeing him fight live (I just started watching MMA last year). I've seen almost every Jon Jones fight by now and he's my favorite out of anybody.

Now... every single prediction I have posted in this thread has been wrong. I have not gotten one correct. This goes for Izzy vs. Alex, Charles vs. Islam. But the bad streak stops now! Here are my predictions (hopefully I didn't just curse the fights):

1. Jon Jones def. Cyril Gane

2. Valentina def. Alexa Grasso

3. Shavkat def. Geoff Neal

4. Jalin Turner def. Mateusz

5. Jamie Pickett def. Bo Nickal

EDIT: Before the fights started, I changed around my votes for Jamie Pickett and Jailin Turner. So I got those right, and only missed out on Valentina. Throughout the entire card (I watched the last 12 fights) I only got Valentina and Cuban Missile Crisis wrong, resulting in 10-2 for me. Very good.

What are your guys predictions? Are you excited?

Edited by Troz
jon jones da goat
  • Like 1