Thoughts on "htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary-" & trophy set

This is the first time I come across this game, and so i tried looking up what the game is like.

It's apparently made by "Nippon Ichi Software" the "Disgaea Series" Developers, who i guess wanted to try a Different style of game with this title.

I was able to find a Japanese "Gameplay video" of this game.

I'm honestly A bit interested in this title now, it seams like a simple "Side scrolling" Puzzle adventure game.

The Shadow "interactions & manipulation" in the game is what i find interesting. 

I might pick it up @ some point if I can, when "NIS America" Localizes it.

Also the Trophies seam pretty "Race against the clock" & "No Dying on a Stage/Section"...with some being "a combination of both".

Edited by DarknessKey92

Something tells me this game is far from simple as looking at the trophy list you're expected to die and die a lot...

List seems interesting. Never heard of this game before but it definitely is on my radar since it is developed by NIS because NIS doesn't make bad games dood

Last Rebellion would like to say hi.

Thought they were only the publishers....well they still have a great track record dood

I can't actually name a game that NIS developed that was actually bad.

NISA usually makes good localizing choices to. If it weren't for them Danganronpa would be non-existent in the west! :blink:

• Like 2

Definitely going to get this one, dood. I hate speedrun trophies, but trophies don't prevent me getting a game I find interesting. I like challenge. This game's been in my radar since first revealed so... bring it on.  :lol: And I agree, NISA is my favourite publisher atm, support that they show to us PAL Vita gamers is simply amazing and I can't throw enough money for them!  :wub:

Last Rebellion would like to say hi.

Don't remind me I need to finish it :/

Anyways, people, were you living under a rock you don't know about it? :D

Its trailers were up for some time =D

Anyways, I'm buying this on day 1 when it comes out, I've been following this for a long time.

Trophy wise, it seems to be rewarding... we're so gonna be dying many times =D

But considering it's a puzzle game, unless levels are randomized, it will not be that hard imo.

Anyways, I'm buying this on day 1 when it comes out, I've been following this for a long time.

Trophy wise, it seems to be rewarding... we're so gonna be dying many times =D

But considering it's a puzzle game, unless levels are randomized, it will not be that hard imo.

Kind of remind me of Dokuro, so yeah it's not going to be that challenging. By the way, does anyone know if this game will be getting the physical version?

Kind of remind me of Dokuro, so yeah it's not going to be that challenging. By the way, does anyone know if this game will be getting the physical version?

I read somewhere that the Japanese Release was going to be digital only with a limited edition physical release (which was really expensive being a collectors edition type thing), so I would expect it to have a digital release only when it gets localized.

Digital only with limited physical version in Japan apparently.

So digital only for us.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849089

http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/104863-htolniq-hotaru-no-nikki-vita-may-19th-limited-physical-release/

Edited by SatoshiOokami
  • Like 1

Looking at the trailer, I was sad when it said Sakamoto, Maaya wasn't going to narrate the actual game. What a let down, I hope it is someone just as cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Game got delayed to February, but there is some good news! There will be a physical version for the game sold exclusively on the NIS America Store (sorry Europeans) for $20.

A limited (and NIS means limited) edition will be sold for $30 it includes special packaging, soundtrack CD and an Art Book.

htol_se_main_1.jpg

htol_pe_1.jpg

LINK: http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary

• Like 1

Hotaru no Nikki, which in Japanese means 'The Firefly Diary' or 'The Firefly's Diary', but stylised as htoL#NiQ.  So in essence, the English version's name is a repeat of itself.  :P

I'm probably gonna ask a friend to buy this from the store and ship it to me, I've been anticipating this game for months and an LE for that price is too good to resist.

• 2 months later...

I checked today:

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary

Not only is the Limited Edition "Sold out", but the Standard Edition too.

I'm so glad I was able to Purchase the Limited Edition when it was available, this is honestly a title I'm looking forward to.

Here's a good question, how the fuck do you pronounce the title of this game?

Here's a video of 2 NISA employees pronouncing it, during their stream of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8PSzUCVjnM

• Like 1