Predrag's Platinums

PREDRAG-K

Well, I just started looking at the others' platinum checklists, and I enjoyed reading them. So, I decided I should do one too. I only started caring about trophies in 2012. Since then, I've decided that I will platinum any game that I enjoy, and that's what you'll see in my list. I'll give my thoughts on every game underneath it. So if you want to read that, click on the spoilers.

Platinum #1

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

1L9c00f5.png

Personal Game Rating: 8.5/10

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 2/10

This was actually one of the first games I owned on my PS2. I played it multiple times before I even owned a memory card, so I ended up replaying the same sections day after day, before my mom finally bought me the card. I practically have every corner of this game memorized, thanks to that. So this platinum was incredibly easy for me. Still one of my favorite games of all time.

Platinum #2

Borderlands

1L0e571e.png

Personal Game Rating: 8/10

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 4/10

I bought this game on a whim. My friend was raving about how fun it was, and I had never even heard of it. One day, he let me borrow the game, and I instantly loved it. I returned it the next day, and bought my own copy. One of the best FPS games I have ever played, and some of the most fun I've had in a co-op game. However, the environment was brown and more brown, and I don't even remember a story. The sequel completely blows it out of the water too. Still, a great game.

Platinum #3

Jak 2

1Le85712.png

Personal Game Rating: 7.5/10

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 3/10

This game is infamous for it's terrible checkpoint system. I was frustrated when I played it on PS2, and I was frustrated when I played it on PS3. But, it's still a fun game. Actually reminds me of GTA, but in Jak form. But, I do think it was a step back from Jak 1, however; I can't knock Naughty Dog for trying something new. Also, yes I used the Orb glitch. No way was I going to do all those annoying mini quests. I had enough rage in the main storyline (freaking Erol).

Platinum #4

Jak 3

1Le0a5a5.png

A big improvement over Jak 2. They took the formula, and tweaked it (Wow, it has checkpoints!) This game was a great ending to the trilogy, and I was actually a little teary eyed to see it end. It had a good twist too, one I never saw coming (The Precursor reveal). Overall, a great game, but I still like the original more.

Platinum #5

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

L80ff90.png

Personal Game Rating: 5/10

This is the only game on my checklist that I didn't really enjoy. I actually can't remember why I platinumed it. Oh well, it's one here now. I remember my friends would not stop talking about this game in 2012. How it was going to be the greatest thing ever, and I guess I fell for the hype. Having never played an Elder Scrolls before this, I had no idea what to expect. It was fun for the first hour or so, then I realized how empty the world was. Every cave I came up to was Draugr, Bandit, Draugr, Bandit, etc. I got so bored, I dropped the game for a year. For whatever reason, I finally went back and got the rest of the trophies. Last time I buy game based on the hype.

Platinum #6

Modnation Racers

1L95cffb.png

Personal Game Rating: 9/10

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 6/10

One of my favorite games ever. I bought this within the first week it was available, without even seeing any gameplay. The thing that sold me was the creations. As an artist, seeing a game that allows you to create any character you want, was a dream come true. I've probably put over 2,000 hours into the game at this point, and only 10-20 of those were actually racing. I actually signed up for PSN because of this game. I was creating mods and karts offline, and I wanted to share them. 99% of my PSN friends came from this game as well. Unfortunately, the game is 4 years old, and the community is slowly dying now. I don't know what UFG is up to nowadays, but I'd welcome a sequel to this on PS4.

Platinum #7

Bioshock

L2d3c07.png

Personal Game Rating: 10/10

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 7/10

Well, if you haven't been able to tell by my avatars, signature, posts, or profile, Bioshock is my all time favorite game. I first played the demo for this shortly after signing up with PSN (along with tons of other demos). I enjoyed it, but I never thought it would become my favorite game. I'm not really a big fan of FPS games. But the setting, story, atmosphere, characters, and gameplay had me loving the game from beginning to end. This is still the only game that I have rated a perfect 10/10, and the only thing I think could've been better, was the final boss.

Platinum #8

WWE 2K14

1Lb6f982.png

I've played every yearly installation of WWE game since Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth. This one is in my top 3, and it's the best wrestling simulator yet (i'm sure 2K15 will surpass it). I was happy to find out 2K had bought the rights to these games, because it was obvious THQ had no idea what to do with them anymore. I enjoyed the improvements in gameplay, and the new modes they have been adding (still want GM mode though). I'll be looking forward to the future of wrestling games, in the hands of 2K.

Platinum #9

Little Big Planet

1Lda39fd.png

One of the most original games of the last console generation. A charming platformer with some very complex creation tools, and I was hooked immediately. This game blew me away when it released. I saw all the creation tools, and I saw what people were making, and thought "This is incredible." Then came LBP2, which was a huge improvement, and now LBP3 which makes this game look like a simple platformer. I love that there is a developer out there willing to make new games, and push the limits. While everyone else does things like generic military shooters, Media Molecule makes truly unique games like LBP.

Platinum #10

Dragon's Dogma

1L010a29.png

Platinum Difficulty Rating: 5/10

THIS is how you make an open world, action RPG. Take notes, Bethesda. Some of the most fun i've had in any game ever. Another game I bought with no real knowledge of it, and loved every second. The character creation, the pawn system, the combat system, the world, everything. The game does have some flaws, but I can understand those, since it had a small budget. I just hope Capcom realizes what they have here. They have the opportunity to make one of the best RPGs ever, with just a few tweaks. Take a break from RE and Street Fighter, and make a sequel to this game. If they just fix the few problems this game had, and add new classes, armor, weapons, enemies, etc. Dragon's Dogma 2 would be the second game I give a 10/10 rating to.

Platinum #11

Bioshock Infinite

L64f73d.png

Another great game from Irrational Games, and the perfect end to the Bioshock story. The only thing this game lacks, that the original Bioshock had, was that atmosphere. Being set in an open sky city, as opposed to an underwater city, made it feel like the game wasn't as tense. It gave that feeling of freedom, where as in the original, you feel trapped in the city. Still, a great FPS with an amazing story, which is what I expect from Bioshock. Hopefully, 2K leaves the series alone now that Irrational disbaned.

Platinum #12

Ratchet & Clank

1L6f7785.png

Another game that I had memorized, thanks to the PS2. I enjoyed this game, but it's my least favorite of the series. The bigger guns, and leveling up system of the sequels definitely improved the games. I never actually got all the skill points done on the PS2, so it was fun to finally do them all on this HD version. Overall, fun game. That 1 million bolt trophy was just an unnecessary grind though.

Platinum #13

Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando

1L1917c3.png

An overall improvement to the first Ratchet & Clank. As I mentioned above, the bigger guns, and gun leveling system was a great addition. This one, I did get all the skill points on PS2, but I never got those platinum bolts. After playing those ship races to get the bolts, I can see why I didn't bother trying it on PS2. Other than those trophies, it was an easy platinum.

Platinum #14

Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

1Le84a33.png

Unlike the change from Jak 2 to Jak 3, this was just a slight improvement over the previous game. Ratchet 2 had better weapons, and better levels. While this game had better enemies, and a much better story (also, the multiplayer was fun). It's hard for me to choose between the 2, but I think Ratchet 2 gets a slight edge over this game as my favorite Ratchet & Clank game.

Platinum #15

Dragon's Crown

1L84a87b.png

This may be my first game from Atlus. I bought it because I saw that it was a beat em' up, and I hadn't played one of those in a long time. The cool mix of beat em' up and RPG definitely put this game above games like Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, etc. That mix, along with the loot system, gave it some good replay ability. Even though I platinumed it, i'll probably continue playing it when I get bored. Still so much left to do (reach level 255, Tower of Mirages, Ultimate mode). A great game, that I can thank the feminists for complaining about, otherwise I probably wouldn't have heard about it.

Platinum #16

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection

1Lc2dc4b.png

I'll only talk about Budokai 3 here, since it's just an overall improvement to Budokai 1. I first played this game on PS2, and years later it's still the best DBZ game out there. A cool, RPG style, story mode. A fairly large roster. Plenty of replayability. A great fighting game formula, in the DBZ universe. I still hope we get a game like this in the future, with the new characters appearing in DBZ now. Budokai 4 with more DB, DBZ, and DBZ movie characters would be perfect. This is a series that doesn't need yearly updates (apparently Namco didn't get that memo) all it needs is one big, content filled game to last for years. Budokai 3 is the perfect example of that, even all these years later, it holds up. The last thing I'll say is, I like how this game handled GT. It was put to the side, with completely optional stuff, and basically ignored just like it should be.

Platinum #17

Little Big Planet 2

1L8d60cc.png

I never thought Media Molecule would be able to top their creativity of LBP1, but they did. One of the most complex and unique games I've played. This series continues to raise the bar for platformers, and game developers who want to be innovative. Some of the user created levels are better mini games than the thousands of indie games out there. That says a lot for the community and the creative potential of LBP2.

Platinum #18

Bloodborne

1L7b8776.png

Personal Game Rating: 9.5/10

Bloodborne is a must play on the PS4. Easily my favorite of the Souls games, and now one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. The gameplay, challenge, story, setting, atmosphere, bosses, and even DLC are amazing. I only would've liked the Chalice Dungeons to be a little more unique. They all sort of start blending together, and get rather repetitive. Otherwise, this is an amazing game.

Platinum #19

Dark Cloud

1Lf16eae.png

A classic PS2 game from the developers at LEVEL-5. This was Sony's attempt at The Legend of Zelda, and I enjoyed it. A colorful cast, wide variety of levels, great music, and unique town building system. This 2001 game still holds up today, though the combat can be a little clunky.

Edited by PREDRAG-K
  • Like 3

Also, will you be getting the platinums for the games that you are working on in the same order that you have listed at the bottom of your post?

Most likely, yes. I know Dragon's Crown will be my next platinum for sure. LBP2 may not be after that, since I need to wait for 50 people to play my level, and I can't really control when I get that trophy.

Sitno. Nisi trophy hunter dok nemaš  bar 1 000 platinuma ... a onda si haker. 

EDIT: Osim ako ti je id hakoom. Jedini legit trophy hunter u ovom dijelu svemira.

Haha, I'll get there eventually... in a few decades. I'm actually surprised I could read that too, my Serbian is rusty.

Probably not. I beat the game on my 360, and I thought it was alright. But I know it has multiplayer trophies, and I imagine the multiplayer is dead now.

Yeah, exactly the same reason why I haven't started it on PS3. The online was pretty dead after a few months, probably impossible to get a game now. I actually thought the multiplayer was decent though.

This is a good list. Try to get that GTA V platinum if you can. It takes a loooong time but I really enjoyed the game and found the plat to be really rewarding.

That one should be easy, it's just a grind to get all the collectibles. I got so lazy trying to get all the UFO parts, papers, and getting to level 100. I'll go back to it though.

Edited by PREDRAG-K
  • Like 1

Nice list.

Are you planning to add 100% games there? ( you know games without platinums).

You already have MLB13.

Back to the future episodes should be finished, ;) , What happened?

I may add those in the future. I'm focusing on platinums for now. As for BTTF episodes, I finished them all but I was bored by them. Don't really feel like playing them again. Maybe after I get all the platinums I want, we'll see.

Nice collection so far, we have quite a few plats in common. Did you know you can use the Doctor's Orders side quest to make Jimmy Jenkins spawn faster? And there's a boosting thread for the 50 plays in LBP2.

That's what I'm doing for Jimmy Jenkins. But the little shit won't spawn lol. I get tired of running all the way back to the room every time. I'll sit down one day when I'm super bored, and just do it all day until he decides to show up.

As for LBP2, I already posted in the thread. It's just a matter of waiting now, last time I checked I had 15 plays. I still have to ace 2 more story levelsz and dive in 25. So I'm in no rush.

• Like 1

That's what I'm doing for Jimmy Jenkins. But the little shit won't spawn lol. I get tired of running all the way back to the room every time. I'll sit down one day when I'm super bored, and just do it all day until he decides to show up.

As for LBP2, I already posted in the thread. It's just a matter of waiting now, last time I checked I had 15 plays. I still have to ace 2 more story levelsz and dive in 25. So I'm in no rush.

Ok. The dive in trophy is glitched. I did it more than 30 times and it recorded about 10 of them.

• 3 months later...

Platinum #16

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection

1Lc2dc4b.png

I'll only talk about Budokai 3 here, since it's just an overall improvement to Budokai 1. I first played this game on PS2, and years later it's still the best DBZ game out there. A cool, RPG style, story mode. A fairly large roster. Plenty of replayability. A great fighting game formula, in the DBZ universe. I still hope we get a game like this in the future, with the new characters appearing in DBZ now. Budokai 4 with more DB, DBZ, and DBZ movie characters would be perfect. This is a series that doesn't need yearly updates (apparently Namco didn't get that memo) all it needs is one big, content filled game to last for years. Budokai 3 is the perfect example of that, even all these years later, it holds up. The last thing I'll say is, I like how this game handled GT. It was put to the side, with completely optional stuff, and basically ignored just like it should be.

Updated with new platinum, and I changed my 'working on' list.

• 4 months later...

Platinum #17

Little Big Planet 2

1L8d60cc.png

I never thought Media Molecule would be able to top their creativity of LBP1, but they did. One of the most complex and unique games I've played. This series continues to raise the bar for platformers, and game developers who want to be innovative. Some of the user created levels are better mini games than the thousands of indie games out there. That says a lot for the community and the creative potential of LBP2.

• 11 months later...

(Totally forgot I had this checklist, oops)

Platinum #18

Bloodborne

1L7b8776.png

Personal Game Rating: 9.5/10

Bloodborne is a must play on the PS4. Easily my favorite of the Souls games, and now one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. The gameplay, challenge, story, setting, atmosphere, bosses, and even DLC are amazing. I only would've liked the Chalice Dungeons to be a little more unique. They all sort of start blending together, and get rather repetitive. Otherwise, this is an amazing game.

Platinum #19

Dark Cloud

1Lf16eae.png

A classic PS2 game from the developers at LEVEL-5. This was Sony's attempt at The Legend of Zelda, and I enjoyed it. A colorful cast, wide variety of levels, great music, and unique town building system. This 2001 game still holds up today, though the combat can be a little clunky.