how will the site handle Shareplay?

Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

Hi there.

Just wondering how the site is planning to work with the Shareplay feature being introduced tomorrow?

Is there any way to tell if a person got a trophy themselves or drafted in a ringer to get it for them?

If a person has knowledge that a trophy was gained by someone else via shareplay will that be accepted grounds for reporting? Or will there be a 'Shared' tag on thier profile, like the 'Hidden' one?

Jut wondering, as I dont fully understand how it will work

Idk.  I think it's interesting, but I don't think I'd personally use it for trophies.   

However, I don't think it should be considered grounds for reporting.  The system is already flooded with hackers, cheaters, and the like.  I think it's useless to care anymore. :/

You're not wrong, but all of those ARE grounds for reporting.....

• Like 1

Can you really report someone for using a feature Sony put in. I think you should only care about your own trophies and take pride that you would not need to use Play-Share in order to complete a game.

Thats a reasonable point.

The site does put a badge of shame on profiles where people have hidden trophies tho - and that was a Sony feature.

And this site is the most lenient with that - some sites ban you completely from the leaderboards for hiding trophies....

• Like 2

If you SharePlay with a friend because you want to show the game off to them, they can still accidentally acquire trophies for you as they are basically playing on your account. Therefore I don't think it's fair to 'mark' someone who is just using a feature implemented by Sony. 

Thats a reasonable point.

The site does put a badge of shame on profiles where people have hidden trophies tho - and that was a Sony feature.

And this site is the most lenient with that - some sites ban you completely from the leaderboards for hiding trophies....

I can understand how tracking hidden trophies work and stuff. But tracking people that use play share is going to hard and it may be impossible  to know if some got it on their own. Aside from the people that are going to have ultra rare platinums on PS4 when they had none on PS3

• Like 1

I can understand how tracking hidden trophies work and stuff. But tracking people that use play share is going to hard and it may be impossible  to know if some got it on their own. Aside from the people that are going to have ultra rare platinums on PS4 when they had none on PS3

Sorry, I should clarify, im asking if the actual trophy data shows off the fact that a trophy was earned by another user - at the Sony server side. Of course I understand that the site cannot do all that work on its own.

I guess im interestes in the site's philosophical stance on the whole issue as well tho - does it result in a situation where PS3 and Vita trophies are considered more prestigious as they cannot be 'purchased' from other players?

• Like 1

Sorry, I should clarify, im asking if the actual trophy data shows off the fact that a trophy was earned by another user - at the Sony server side. Of course I understand that the site cannot do all that work on its own.

I guess im interestes in the site's philosophical stance on the whole issue as well tho - does it result in a situation where PS3 and Vita trophies are considered more prestigious as they cannot be 'purchased' from other players?

I dont think Sony really care all that much about trophies. I dont beacuse cross-save platinums are mostly on PS3/PS Vita(not many but some). People could have purchased their trophies on those platforms but the numbers are low and its not well known.

• Like 1

I dont think Sony really care all that much about trophies. I dont beacuse cross-save platinums are mostly on PS3/PS Vita(not many but some). People could have purchased their trophies on those platforms but the numbers are low and its not well known.

hmmm. Thats true - the cross save thing is pervasive. And im as guilty of that as anyone.

I guess what makes this different is that even with cross-saves, at some point or another the person did have to acheive the trohy requirements tho. On at least o e of the systems. But I take your point

• Like 1

hmmm. Thats true - the cross save thing is pervasive. And im as guilty of that as anyone.

I guess what makes this different is that even with cross-saves, at some point or another the person did have to acheive the trohy requirements tho. On at least o e of the systems. But I take your point

In the end of it you cant stop people from using features that are there to begin with. You can give them a hard time about it but really its on you on how you wann deal with it. Others will hate it and some will like it. Its just how things are going to be now thanks to Sony. I like their idea but why let people earn trophies when the feature is meant to try the game out not complete it.

• Like 1

As others say, I wouldn't consider it cheating since it's an official Sony feature - maybe a little cheap, Like cloud save double/triple/quad platinum for games like Sound Shapes - it's cheap, but it's not cheating or hacking by any means. I don't know if it could be tracked if a trophy was earned through Share Play though, I have my doubts on that one.

But yeah, as others said it's like inviting a friend over to help you with a trophy. I think the only thing this website would have to crack down on is people trying to pay other people to get trophies via Share Play, or people trying to make a paid service out of it on the Gaming Sessions page, haha

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

As others say, I wouldn't consider it cheating since it's an official Sony feature - maybe a little cheap, Like cloud save double/triple/quad platinum for games like Sound Shapes - it's cheap, but it's not cheating or hacking by any means. I don't know if it could be tracked if a trophy was earned through Share Play though, I have my doubts on that one. But yeah, as others said it's like inviting a friend over to help you with a trophy. I think the only thing this website would have to crack down on is people trying to pay other people to get trophies via Share Play, or people trying to make a paid service out of it on the Gaming Sessions page, haha

lol, there are already people offering money to plat games for them before this update - what I find wierd is that most of those people offer like £20 or £50 to plat a game! Even a simple game usually takes 20-30 hours to plat. My answer is always the same - sure, but its £50 per hour. The requests usually stop there....

I don't believe that there will be any type of marker on the trophy for the site to track. The 'guest' is technically playing on your system and on your profile/account. It's not different than handing your controller over to a friend in the same room. But I guess we'll all soon find out if that's the case. 

I don't see a reason for shaming people for this, either. I don't understand why there is so much concern about what others do and how they acquire trophies. Just play your games and enjoy them for yourself. 

• Like 4

It could be thing where someone brags about how good they are for having a certain platinum when all they did is play share and watch the trophies pop for them. It can also affect the Top 50 people for platinuming or completeing a game the fastest. Poor number 50 lost his spot after all the hard work.

• Like 1

lolwut?  Now that's hilarious.

I can see where they're coming from. They probably just don't want to take any chances. I still think it's silly that this site welcomes known cheaters with open arms as long as they hide the games they actually get caught in.

Although if it is TrueTrophies, they don't make much of an effort to ban cheaters anyway.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

I can see where they're coming from. They probably just don't want to take any chances. I still think it's silly that this site welcomes known cheaters with open arms as long as they hide the games they actually get caught in.

Although if it is TrueTrophies, they don't make much of an effort to ban cheaters anyway.

It was PSNTL that I was thinking of actually, but I think TT is the same

Ok. In that aspect then yes, that makes sense.  But the feature was implemented by Sony so "generally" should not be frowned upon, yeah?  But since it's being abused by cheat hackers I completely agree.  The should suck a fat one. 

What is the problem of having a trophy that you didn't earn yourself? (with the exception of cheating)

Shareplay it's the same as invinting a friend to your house to get a trophy for you, he might be more skilled and you required his help. Are you so 'I only deserve trophies I earned' ?

(again with the exception of cheating, don't even quote me if anyone talks about cheating because shareplay isn't cheating, just a friend's help).

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX
  • Like 1

What is the problem of having a trophy that you didn't earn yourself? (with the exception of cheating)

Shareplay it's the same as invinting a friend to your house to get a trophy for you, he might be more skilled and you required his help. Are you so 'I only deserve trophies I earned' ?

(again with the exception of cheating, don't even quote me if anyone talks about cheating because shareplay isn't cheating, just a friend's help).

Just like inviting someone round your house to do a boss for you, Shareplay is cheating. You aren't beating the game, someone else is, so it could be compared to downloading a save file with everything unlocked, which is bannable on this site. I, for one, welcome with open arms the idea of reporting people who have illegitimate trophies via SharePlay if it can ever be tracked,

• Like 1