Ask anything about getting the Platinum trophy and I shall answer

aleckkeramp

3 hours ago, DrHambone said:

@acasser @NanaCheese94

So should I Peon Fuse everyone right now?

I tested it out with my main (didn't save though). She went from 1100 to 1 but one match got her to level 73 with 4k added HP. Would this be a good idea to peon fuse my main party in hopes of getting strong enough for level 100? OR should I just continue to grind to 9999 THEN Peon Fuse?

IMO it seems if I Peon Fuse everyone, they will level up ALOT quicker at 'low levels' and get huge stat gains pretty quick where as right now I am slowly getting up levels in the level 1,000's. The downside is that I am prolonging the level 9999 trophy.

When you're fusing Peon to Peon, levels won't really matter as much.  If you're in the postgame, you'll have all the currency your heart desires and then some, so the rising costs of repeated fusions won't matter so much.  The reason to wait for Peons to be higher levels is because the advancement of your affinity percentages is a lot higher when fusing at Level 9999 than it is at lower levels; think something like +20 (where the fodder has the higher affinity in a given stat) as opposed to somewhere between +1 and +10.

When you're fusing fodder Peon to main character, you absolutely want both parties to be Level 9999.  And this is because the original base stats decay if you use Fusion at lower levels, particularly if you do so repeatedly.  It doesn't matter for Peon-Peon fusion because you're not using those characters in battle, but it will matter for your main characters if you're trying to make them powerful.

If you go through a high-bet Mugen Field and kill/Charm everything, it's not hard to get your main characters (active party) to Level 9999 in one run.  It might take 2-3 runs to get your reserves up there, but you're also running the Mugen Field for other reasons, such as gathering Shampuru.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Will you guys write a guide for the game once you get it all sorted out? :) 

I did think about writing a guide when I completed this Platinum last year.  But I decided I didn't feel like putting in that effort at that time and my Muse didn't nudge me, so I never got around to the idea and still don't feel any particular urge.  (My Muse, she's a bit of an oddball in that way.)

That being said, I'm willing to consult and assist on a guide if someone else is writing one, to lend my knowledge and semi-extensive guide-writing experience to such a project.  I just don't feel like doing most of the required grunt work on it, because writing a not-terrible guide isn't a quick-and-dirty thing.

• Like 1

@acasser@NanaCheese94

Finally beat floor 100. I used Dive Items to skip to floor 100 on a 100 MP bet. My main took out the boss in 2 hits. Didn't save afterwards. Got the trophy though. I do plan on beating it again but what upgrades should I get while I am at the final rest stop? Should I dump everything into my main (level cap from 3k to 4k and possibly 5k)? Should I spend it all on increasing the Damage Carnival? Spend it on increasing the level caps of my whole party?

With that being said, what should I be doing now? I know the post-game route is nonlinear in terms of what to do.

I planned on getting 2 components from the Mugen Field to make the last 2 G-castle parts I need for that trophy. Afterwards, I wasn't sure if I should continue leveling my main party to the max while using G to upgrade my equipment? Or if there is something else I should be doing during this post-game grind?

Also, the max for EXP, MP, G, and G Up earned is +150. Is it possible to have someone have two +150's equipped and that make +300? I am trying to farm +3 Matters for the ones mentions (easier to do the initial ones rather than take a chance with the random ones).

And should I do a New Game+? Or stay where I'm at - post-game/true end?

Edited by DrHambone

2 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Finally beat floor 100. I used Dive Items to skip to floor 100 on a 100 MP bet. My main took out the boss in 2 hits. Didn't save afterwards. Got the trophy though. I do plan on beating it again but what upgrades should I get while I am at the final rest stop? Should I dump everything into my main (level cap from 3k to 4k and possibly 5k)? Should I spend it all on increasing the Damage Carnival? Spend it on increasing the level caps of my whole party?

With that being said, what should I be doing now? I know the post-game route is nonlinear in terms of what to do.

I planned on getting 2 components from the Mugen Field to make the last 2 G-castle parts I need for that trophy. Afterwards, I wasn't sure if I should continue leveling my main party to the max while using G to upgrade my equipment? Or if there is something else I should be doing during this post-game grind?

Also, the max for EXP, MP, G, and G Up earned is +150. Is it possible to have someone have two +150's equipped and that make +300? I am trying to farm +3 Matters for the ones mentions (easier to do the initial ones rather than take a chance with the random ones).

And should I do a New Game+? Or stay where I'm at - post-game/true end?

There's no need to spend on level cap increases unless you're pushing up against that cap.  Also, there's less need to spend on the level cap increases if you can't quickly and efficiently go from Level 1 to whatever your cap is.  I mean, go ahead and do it if there's nothing else you have to spend the MP on at that point, but it's probably not that urgent.  There's no point in spending on the level caps of any character you don't use and don't have in the "backup" team, either.

One of the things that probably has influence over the level of enemies in the Mugen Field is probably where those level caps sit for characters in your active and backup parties.  So you don't want to go overboard just for the sake of lifting those caps.

As to what you should do?  If you're going to aim for the Platinum, you gradually want to increase the bets you utilize for the Mugen Field, as to find stronger enemies and to get more advanced materials and Shampuru -- especially the latter, because that's still a grind even in MSZ.  You just need to balance two things as you progress:  If enemies are ROFLstomping you, you're in too tough a Mugen Field.  Also, if your G-Castle can't handle the battles, you're begging to be ejected from the Mugen Field and to have your rewards truncated.

Until you reach the ultimate equipment, you don't have to exhaustively pander to your current sets of equipment.  By all means, spend some G Up to upgrade what you have, but there's no need to go all-out when you'll constantly be upgrading your gear by crafting new stuff with the new materials you find.

If you're regularly activating the Damage Carnival, go ahead and upgrade it a notch.  If you aren't, save it for later.  There's a benefit to activating it, and that benefit is higher when the Damage Carnival is a higher level, but better to have it a little low and ring that bell all the time than to have it a little high and never reach it.

The better way to farm XP/MP/G/G Up is simply to run Mugen Fields from start to finish, killing everything and letting the bonuses accumulate.  Mixing in the odd Fever Time really helps with the cash; the rest pretty much comes on its own.  A better way to farm piles of equipment for upgrade/matter conversion is to Item Charm the Big Crystal.  Item Charming is also the most efficient way to get specific components from enemies, although characters with abilities that steal will also help.  Moe Charming the Big Crystals is even better for accumulating large numbers of Shampuru, although you may have to go with Charming enemies individually when you run into Ditz/Terse crystals.

The biggest chore of the Shampuru grind is accumulating the Special-type Shampuru that give points to Ditz/Terse.  One way to farm some is to run through NG+, Charming the bosses (where possible) and the planet points as that will accumulate a quantity of the lower-tier Special types.  Another is to Charm slumbering bosses in the Mugen Field and the optional bosses that you'll find at Rest Stops.  Ditz/Terse will probably still lag behind everything else, but that's one way to try and keep it closer to even.

The only real reason to go into NG+ is to farm those Special-type Shampuru and to re-fight the dopplegangers and the Sun Goddess and Moon God.  And it's not something I would suggest, because it's not as quick and efficient as the process was in the original Mugen Souls (concerning the farming of Shampuru more easily found by fighting postgame bosses repeatedly instead of getting them through the Mugen Field).  You're better off growing your power and keeping a Peon Fusion process running as a "background" thing and gradually turning up the difficulty in the Mugen Field.

Bear in mind that you'll see different enemies on the Carnage Route than you would on the Normal/Whimsy route.

Edited by acasser
Adding additional thoughts

28 minutes ago, acasser said:

There's no need to spend on level cap increases unless you're pushing up against that cap.  Also, there's less need to spend on the level cap increases if you can't quickly and efficiently go from Level 1 to whatever your cap is.  I mean, go ahead and do it if there's nothing else you have to spend the MP on at that point, but it's probably not that urgent.  There's no point in spending on the level caps of any character you don't use and don't have in the "backup" team, either.

One of the things that probably has influence over the level of enemies in the Mugen Field is probably where those level caps sit for characters in your active and backup parties.  So you don't want to go overboard just for the sake of lifting those caps.

As to what you should do?  If you're going to aim for the Platinum, you gradually want to increase the bets you utilize for the Mugen Field, as to find stronger enemies and to get more advanced materials and Shampuru -- especially the latter, because that's still a grind even in MSZ.  You just need to balance two things as you progress:  If enemies are ROFLstomping you, you're in too tough a Mugen Field.  Also, if your G-Castle can't handle the battles, you're begging to be ejected from the Mugen Field and to have your rewards truncated.

Until you reach the ultimate equipment, you don't have to exhaustively pander to your current sets of equipment.  By all means, spend some G Up to upgrade what you have, but there's no need to go all-out when you'll constantly be upgrading your gear by crafting new stuff with the new materials you find.

If you're regularly activating the Damage Carnival, go ahead and upgrade it a notch.  If you aren't, save it for later.  There's a benefit to activating it, and that benefit is higher when the Damage Carnival is a higher level, but better to have it a little low and ring that bell all the time than to have it a little high and never reach it.

The better way to farm XP/MP/G/G Up is simply to run Mugen Fields from start to finish, killing everything and letting the bonuses accumulate.  Mixing in the odd Fever Time really helps with the cash; the rest pretty much comes on its own.  A better way to farm piles of equipment for upgrade/matter conversion is to Item Charm the Big Crystal.  Item Charming is also the most efficient way to get specific components from enemies, although characters with abilities that steal will also help.  Moe Charming the Big Crystals is even better for accumulating large numbers of Shampuru, although you may have to go with Charming enemies individually when you run into Ditz/Terse crystals.

The biggest chore of the Shampuru grind is accumulating the Special-type Shampuru that give points to Ditz/Terse.  One way to farm some is to run through NG+, Charming the bosses (where possible) and the planet points as that will accumulate a quantity of the lower-tier Special types.  Another is to Charm slumbering bosses in the Mugen Field and the optional bosses that you'll find at Rest Stops.  Ditz/Terse will probably still lag behind everything else, but that's one way to try and keep it closer to even.

The only real reason to go into NG+ is to farm those Special-type Shampuru and to re-fight the dopplegangers and the Sun Goddess and Moon God.  And it's not something I would suggest, because it's not as quick and efficient as the process was in the original Mugen Souls (concerning the farming of Shampuru more easily found by fighting postgame bosses repeatedly instead of getting them through the Mugen Field).  You're better off growing your power and keeping a Peon Fusion process running as a "background" thing and gradually turning up the difficulty in the Mugen Field.

Bear in mind that you'll see different enemies on the Carnage Route than you would on the Normal/Whimsy route.

Nice! Ok, I'll just try and farm everything in the Mugen Field. I'll get the last components for the G-castle upgrades: Wing of Fortune, Damascus, and Mythril Ore (which I can't find exactly where to get it even on the Wiki). The best place and fastest I've seen for getting G is from the second to last dungeon by running into the first enemy and doing Fever Time to all enemies. Does increasing Damage Carnival Cap increase the number of hits/combo for an enemy in Fever Time?

For the Peon in the background for fusion - Should I have him in my Sub Team and increase his level cap to match my other members? Also, Does the fusion reset the cap or is the cap increase permanent?

And I hate to sound like a newb, but how can you tell which Form will best captivate (heart or item) enemies and the big crystal?

6 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Nice! Ok, I'll just try and farm everything in the Mugen Field. I'll get the last components for the G-castle upgrades: Wing of Fortune, Damascus, and Mythril Ore (which I can't find exactly where to get it even on the Wiki). The best place and fastest I've seen for getting G is from the second to last dungeon by running into the first enemy and doing Fever Time to all enemies. Does increasing Damage Carnival Cap increase the number of hits/combo for an enemy in Fever Time?

For the Peon in the background for fusion - Should I have him in my Sub Team and increase his level cap to match my other members? Also, Does the fusion reset the cap or is the cap increase permanent?

And I hate to sound like a newb, but how can you tell which Form will best captivate (heart or item) enemies and the big crystal?

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Wing_of_Fortune_(Mugen_Souls_Z_component)

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Damascus_(Mugen_Souls_Z_component)

Couldnt find the mythril Ore quickly, but you usualy get ores from the Peon enemies in the Mugen field. the higher floor the better quality they give.

The components depends on the bosses and the bosses depend on your bet. Keep that in mind.

Also, I would 100% dump all MP into Damage Carnival so you can farm more money. Higher Damage Carneval does increase the combo you get by smashing enemies into blue orbs.

If you use captivate (by tapping square button) you can see what affinity the enemy/crystal has. For example Sadist. You need to change to Sadist to charm then easiest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrHambone said:

The Peons you're raising as Fusion fodder -- either with one another or with your main characters -- go into your Sub team so that they can leech XP from your main team fighting.  That's how you're going to level those Peons up, because you're not building those guys and gals to be suitable for the battlefield.  Raise their level caps to keep them on par with your main team.  Fusion doesn't reset anything; it simply grants stat boosts and affinities to the recipient as well as skills and conditional skills that the fodder naturally learns as part of its current class.

There are two sets of correlations that you need to "memorize" (or write down) for captivation.  Matching affinities is the best way to Moe Captivate stuff (pink hearts), e.g., Sadist form on Sadist enemies/crystals.  There's another set of correlation pairs that are efficient for Item Charming:  Ego-Bipolar, Hyper-Ditz, Graceful-Masochist, Sadist-Terse -- i.e., if you want to Item Charm a Graceful enemy/crystal, you would use the Masochist form to do so.  Everything else is a bit of a mess, but you may find things that work better for Ditz and Terse and getting what you want than using Ditz/Terse given those two will lag behind everything else and that can make things problematic at times.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I ran into Killachine on a 100 MP bet on the high floors but couldn't kill him (?). I ended up using a Dive Bell to skip it. All my attacks were doing 0 or missing (he wasn't near a crystal at all). Pretty mad lol Damascus is the last thing I need for all G-castle parts. Hopefully I can run into him again. I'll save at floor 60 Rest Stop, use a Dive Bell, then a Dive Gong, and look for him between 71-79. No show, load up and try again.

1 minute ago, DrHambone said:

I ran into Killachine on a 100 MP bet on the high floors but couldn't kill him (?). I ended up using a Dive Bell to skip it. All my attacks were doing 0 or missing (he wasn't near a crystal at all). Pretty mad lol Damascus is the last thing I need for all G-castle parts. Hopefully I can run into him again. I'll save at floor 60 Rest Stop, use a Dive Bell, then a Dive Gong, and look for him between 71-79. No show, load up and try again.

i fucking hate Killamaschine. The reason you cant hurt him after a certain point lies in his conditional skills. You can check those by presseing "start" on his portrait in the battle overview.

He only takes damage that is not head on (so from the side or back) AOE attacks don't work. Honestly, on the higher bet's I can't kill him either after a while, I haven't figured out what else he is blocking. In those cases, try to charm eitehr him or the big crystal. If you want his item specificaly, try skills with steal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

If you want his item specificaly, try skills with steal.

A number of tougher enemies have Conditional Skills that block theft.  I couldn't even begin to tell you which ones do and which ones don't, but it's something to keep in mind.

If you want an item from a specific monster, your best bet is to use Item-type Captivation -- the yellow bar.  If you Item Captivate someone, you're guaranteed his drop plus double the normal Shampuru drops.  Mind you, this requires you to be able to Item Captivate the monster -- which can be very difficult for boss-type enemies such as Slumbering Bosses -- or to be able to do the same to the Big Crystal.

@acasser @NanaCheese94

I use Reflection Ball with Syrma and Chou-Chou when going through the floors quickly. Steals like 95% of the time. 

Sooooo I got a Damascus. Got the last remaining parts but the trophy never popped. Turns out there is one extra part for each (Mugen Drive, etc). How do I unlock the last ones? They don't appear in my shop. The Wiki doesn't say and a Google search only takes me to component and G-part lists.

Also, I noticed there are a few ???? In the ticket shop - when are those available? I have the necessary tickets for a few but it won't let me buy them.  

5 hours ago, acasser said:

A number of tougher enemies have Conditional Skills that block theft.  I couldn't even begin to tell you which ones do and which ones don't, but it's something to keep in mind.

If you want an item from a specific monster, your best bet is to use Item-type Captivation -- the yellow bar.  If you Item Captivate someone, you're guaranteed his drop plus double the normal Shampuru drops.  Mind you, this requires you to be able to Item Captivate the monster -- which can be very difficult for boss-type enemies such as Slumbering Bosses -- or to be able to do the same to the Big Crystal.

I never managed to succesfully item capture a big enemy or crystal. I know the rules which affinity to use for pissing off the crystal by heart now, but no idea which affinities make the item capture bar grow.

I fused some cond. skills to my main chars that make it possible to steal from bosses, exactly for the purpose to complete the G-castle trophy. Supra already does have such a skill and I think Nao is all about stealing.

1 hour ago, DrHambone said:

@acasser @NanaCheese94

I use Reflection Ball with Syrma and Chou-Chou when going through the floors quickly. Steals like 95% of the time. 

Sooooo I got a Damascus. Got the last remaining parts but the trophy never popped. Turns out there is one extra part for each (Mugen Drive, etc). How do I unlock the last ones? They don't appear in my shop. The Wiki doesn't say and a Google search only takes me to component and G-part lists.

Also, I noticed there are a few ???? In the ticket shop - when are those available? I have the necessary tickets for a few but it won't let me buy them.  

Yeah, as I wrote in my guide, some items only appear in the shop once you found the materials. It's super annoying. Use the wiki to find out which G-Part you are missing and what the materials for it are. Then go farm them.

The ticket shop things get unlocked one by one. It's usually about 4 or 5 in a row. The ???? ones are likely awards bought with Platinum tickets. You first need to buy the award for Gold tickets before the platinum one unlocks.

8 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Many/most Items won't appear in the shop for purchase/manufacture until you've found the first component in its recipe at least once.

6 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I never managed to succesfully item capture a big enemy or crystal. I know the rules which affinity to use for pissing off the crystal by heart now, but no idea which affinities make the item capture bar grow.

The relationships for Item Captivate can be found here.  Or if you want the short version:  Ego and Bipolar pair.  Sadist and Terse pair.  Masochist and Graceful pair.  Hyper and Ditz pair.  Which means if the crystal/enemy is Ego, you use the Bipolar form to Item Captivate it, and if the crystal/enemy is Bipolar, you use the Ego form to Item Captivate it.  And so on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acasser said:

Many/most Items won't appear in the shop for purchase/manufacture until you've found the first component in its recipe at least once.

The relationships for Item Captivate can be found here.  Or if you want the short version:  Ego and Bipolar pair.  Sadist and Terse pair.  Masochist and Graceful pair.  Hyper and Ditz pair.  Which means if the crystal/enemy is Ego, you use the Bipolar form to Item Captivate it, and if the crystal/enemy is Bipolar, you use the Ego form to Item Captivate it.  And so on.

Awesome! Thx for the info. Btw, is it okay If I add some of the things you explained in this thread to the Guide? (mainly the stuff about peon fusion)

3 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Awesome! Thx for the info. Btw, is it okay If I add some of the things you explained in this thread to the Guide? (mainly the stuff about peon fusion)

Feel free.  I'm not sitting on any proprietary information here; pretty much everything I've shared can either be easily discovered through trial-and-error and experimentation with the game, or it's available from various forums and wikis.  So it's not like you're robbing me of any value by copying what I've said in this thread to your Guide.

• Like 1

@NanaCheese94@acasser

So when should I raise Syrma's level cap (and a Peon's) to 9999? She is maxed out 3000 right now and the rest of the party is sitting at their caps of 1000.

Another noob question: Do soaps and shampoos count towards the Mugen Field and challenges? (I think the answer is no, only the Worlds) I am honestly tempted to just sell them all, idk.

9 hours ago, DrHambone said:

So when should I raise Syrma's level cap (and a Peon's) to 9999? She is maxed out 3000 right now and the rest of the party is sitting at their caps of 1000.

Another noob question: Do soaps and shampoos count towards the Mugen Field and challenges? (I think the answer is no, only the Worlds) I am honestly tempted to just sell them all, idk.

You raise someone's level cap when you can easily and efficiently get from Level 1 to whatever their current cap is.  Especially once you start doing reincarnation and Peon Fusion to upgrade characters in bulk.

I never used the Soaps and Shampoos or played around with them very much.  So I don't know if they affect something else and I simply sold them as they accumulated as not to have them cluttering up my inventory.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, acasser said:

You raise someone's level cap when you can easily and efficiently get from Level 1 to whatever their current cap is.  Especially once you start doing reincarnation and Peon Fusion to upgrade characters in bulk.

I never used the Soaps and Shampoos or played around with them very much.  So I don't know if they affect something else and I simply sold them as they accumulated as not to have them cluttering up my inventory.

Managed to get the level 9999 trophy and all shampuru types trophy!

Edited by DrHambone

This game is between my projects, i've seen several info already here, however i'd like to know a roadmap (i didn't notice one while surfing here) and i don't know anything about this game yet (but i'd like to know what to do to start well and avoid wasted hours), so:

-how many steps to platinum ? what to do in each?

-missable trophies?

-required accessories?

-glitched trophies?

-any online trophies?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 0:00 PM, VirtualNight said:

This game is between my projects, i've seen several info already here, however i'd like to know a roadmap (i didn't notice one while surfing here) and i don't know anything about this game yet (but i'd like to know what to do to start well and avoid wasted hours), so:

-how many steps to platinum ? what to do in each?

-missable trophies?

-required accessories?

-glitched trophies?

-any online trophies?

Play through the game getting the true ending (missable but you can replay the game on a New Game+ type thing.

Nothing glitches if you download the patch. No online trophies.

Edited by DrHambone
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Play through the game getting the true ending (missable but you can replay the game on a New Game+ type thing.

Nothing glitches if you download the patch. No online trophies.

Ok thanks. So looks like i have to do story once and then all trophies 1 by 1, i tried the game with another acc, i don't like when such games are in english, it will take a while for me to begin it.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I just started this game and am new to the series, is there anything I particularly need to know as I go through the story? I see there is a "true ending" missable, how do I get the true ending? Is it explained in the game?

No, nothing is explained in-game.  You're required to see a number of scenes inside the Mugen Field to obtain the True Ending, many of which are only available in small(er) windows of time.

This GameFAQs thread will cover what you need to know, i.e., where you need to go and when.

• 11 months later...

I know I may be late to the party with these questions but I will ask anyways :lol:

I have some problems trying to captivate crystals, do they require a very high charm lv of the corresponding Moe affinity or I m doing something wrong? I can barely push the heart guage and my charm lv is 7-8%. Also I wanted to ask if anyone found any guides for challenge world? Some of these stages are a bit tricky. I bet I will have more questions as I play the game but it will be awesome if those can be answered for now :)

Edit. Nvm my first question, I realised you can captivete enemies and crystals in more than one turn, the guage doesn't reset after the turn ends.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...