Gamestop are serious theifs

Tomoko Kuroki

Awhile back I ordered 3 things from gamestop, one order.

They turned the order into 2 orders, so I payed custom fees TWICE.

Now I preordered tales of hearts R, and they called me to say I'll be paying custom fees of 65~ $.

I've ordered several times from japan and 150$ orders are not even 65 $ shipping + custom fees if there are any.

Now I preordered tales of hearts R, and they called me to say I'll be paying custom fees of 65~ $.

I've ordered several times from japan and 150$ orders are not even 65 $ shipping + custom fees if there are any.

youre ordering from the canadian one? Ive never had ANY issues with customs fees inside of canada, because there is no customs to go through if you order from gamestop.ca

• Like 1

Sorry to be honest here but it's your own fault for giving Game$top your business in the first place. If you're in Canada why don't you just use Amazon, or whatever retailers are in Canada. 

I'll never buy anything from them, GameStop Ireland is especially bad, they price gouge like crazy here. €75 for a new PS4 game, while it's usually €5 or even €10 cheaper in EVERY other Euro zones. 

I've never really had a bad experience with Gamestop.  If I ever trade anything in, I make sure to do it with a plan, and a appropriate amount of trade in bonuses at my disposal.  Have gotten some pretty reasonable prices on new and used games as well... especially since with used games, I insist on thumbing through every case and disc they have to pick the one in the best shape (and try a different store if they don't have any nice ones).  Plus I love getting the Game Informer's for being a member of their little Power Up thing (magazines were a huge part of my life growing up and are great shitter material)... and some neat little toys/coupons for the points I've accumulated.

Maybe it's a different story ordering online though.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use eBay or Amazon in that case, probably get a much better deal.

Edited by Dreakon13

First time since 2010 ordering from there was Hearts R online.  I refuse to go into the store, because it's full of annoying people and kids buying crap like Call of Duty and Army of Two.  I mean like 8-9 year olds.  When I would preorder stuff at the store, they'd actually sell my preorder if I didn't pick it up within a few hours.  Total bullshit.

Ever tried to trade in relatively-new games too? Their prices are overall poopy.

It's why I prefer digital now. (just ignore my shelf of games)

Do you expect full price for trade ins? They have to make a profit as well. You could sell it on your own (kijiji or craigs list for example) but you want the ease and convenience of a quick sale so you trade to Gamestop.

They give you 30$ for your game and try to sell it for 50. The thing is they are taking the risk as it might very well sit on their shelves until it is 40, 30 or even 20$. If they gave you 50$ for your trade then there wouldn't be any profit and if it does goes lower (or they get too many and can't sell them) then they aren't making any money (and that isn't very good business sense).

• Like 2

Have you called and asked why you they split the order into two separate shipments? I'm sure there was a valid reason behind it but if you talk to the right people you could possibly have the chance to get some of your money back.

That being said, a mistake like this doesn't make a company thieves. More than likely they wanted to get your games to you as soon as possible and since one game was ready before the other, they went ahead and shipped it instead of having to wait for both to be available. 

Parker 

Have you called and asked why you they split the order into two separate shipments? I'm sure there was a valid reason behind it but if you talk to the right people you could possibly have the chance to get some of your money back.

That being said, a mistake like this doesn't make a company thieves. More than likely they wanted to get your games to you as soon as possible and since one game was ready before the other, they went ahead and shipped it instead of having to wait for both to be available. 

Parker 

They actually made those 2 orders come at the same time, but anyways, ill just not order from them anymore, i only ordered twice from them, and twice  had issues. Kinda just wanted to know everyone else's thoughts on this.

They actually made those 2 orders come at the same time, but anyways, ill just not order from them anymore, i only ordered twice from them, and twice  had issues. Kinda just wanted to know everyone else's thoughts on this.

Well then, have you called and asked why your order was like that?

As for GameStop in general, I love the place. They have a fantastic selection of games, the stores near me have respectful and knowledgeable employees and their prices are right on par with the competition the vast majority of the time. Plus midnight launches are awesome, the stores near me go all out with free food (wings and pizza, generally) drinks and they usually have gaming stations set up so we can play the game that we're about to purchase. 

Parker

• Like 1