RE HD Remake Discussion / Q&A

Shirrako

So wait, the US release will have Wesker's Reports? On PS4? If so, I'll be VERY happy, I've never actually seen/read the old ones.

Capcom said they would have, but it's Capcom so... lol

But these reports are not the same as the old ones, but if you want to read the old ones here you go: Wesker's Report I (plus video), Wesker's Report II (plus video, this one is fanmade but was done in colaboration with D.C. Douglas, Wesker's voice actor in RE5) and Wesker's Extra Report

Im trying to obtain the CQC FTW trophy... 

Can i use the lighter on the candelabrum for take the sheet music? 'cause in the trophy description it's written that you can't use the lighter. sorry bad english

I think you can use the lighter for getting key items. But you can't use lighter to burn zombies if you want to get the trophy.

Of course not, it's the Japanese version, the only reason the game itself has that is because it always had it, ever since the game was released all those years ago, these reports are brand new, they are not the ones that we already have, no way they would waste time putting them in english, that's part of the reason why the international version is not yet released too.

Yeah i know it's the japanese ver. I just thought it will have full english sub just like Bio 5: Gold Edition that i borrowed from my friend.

I think you can use the lighter for getting key items. But you can't use lighter to burn zombies if you want to get the trophy.

Yeah i know it's the japanese ver. I just thought it will have full english sub just like Bio 5: Gold Edition that i borrowed from my friend.

It has the full english subs, for the game, for the stuff that was already in English 10 years ago. Not worth it in their eyes to waste time for something small like the new Wesker's Report, no point really for the Japanese market.

Does this game have separate trophy lists? Is the Japanese one called Biohazard and the English list called Resident Evil? I can't find a trophy list for Biohazard anyone online, only for Resident Evil..

I know it'd be the same trophies and all, I just want to make sure the Japanese one is called Biohazard and not sharing the same list as Resident Evil

Edited by XSoulAscensionX

Does this game have separate trophy lists? Is the Japanese one called Biohazard and the English list called Resident Evil? I can't find a trophy list for Biohazard anyone online, only for Resident Evil..

I know it'd be the same trophies and all, I just want to make sure the Japanese one is called Biohazard and not sharing the same list as Resident Evil

There's just the 1 list, so it's like every past Biohazard/Resident Evil game, the same list shared between the japanese & english versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This may be a silly question buy is the GC version (which is what I believe was remade), the same as the PS1 version?

The HD rerelease that just came out is a remastering of the Gamecube release.

The Gamecube release is the same game as the PS1 version, but completely remade.  Greatly improved graphics, additional story elements, additional gameplay features, redone voice acting, etc.  If you break it down though, it's the same characters, the same mansion, much of the same plot twists and all that good stuff... but better.  Much better. :)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was 14.2 on my PS3 & 4 also. Make sure you get the cross buy so you can get it on both systems.

As for the graphics, yes it's improved. I think it looks awesome. I really just wished they would have remade it from the ground up. But, I guess the next RE will be pretty awesome looking:)

• Like 1

A quick question... I want to buy the ps3 version, it says on my store that the game occupies 21.6 GB of hard disk, wasn´t it 14.2 GB? Can someone confirm to me? 

I do have disk version of RE1 HD but I haven’t opened it yet. I also pre-ordered RE1 HD and decided to use the pre-support and then found out it’s 15 gig so I had to cancel it and wait for two days before the release date. It’s now 7 gig. I have no idea how it happened.

Edited by G10BURGERKING
  • Like 1

Im trying to obtain the CQC FTW trophy... 

Can i use the lighter on the candelabrum for take the sheet music? 'cause in the trophy description it's written that you can't use the lighter. sorry bad english

You are allowed to use Lighter in that room to grab the piano thingy, just don't burn zombies with it. You are also allowed to use the Rocket Launcher given by Brad at the helipad, but it's best to let Barry/Rebecca die so you don't need to fight the Tyrant a 2nd time.

If you accidentally grab a Defensive Item (i.e Dagger, Stun Gun, Flash Grenades), press Start and go to Controls ~> set Defensive Items to "manual" so you have to press a button to use them, or else next time you're grabbed by an enemy your character will automatically use the Defensive Item and that will lock out the trophy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...