PSN holiday Sale starts this Week

xzero4812

But i'd rather have the physical copy :(

Well... the retail release for -HF- was not planned from the start, so... digital is the only possibility ;)

Feel free to purchase Taiwanese/Japanese version then :)

Taiwanese version have something that is close to English (I can't say it's English, because it's only close to it :D) and Japanese one doesn't have English.

Lost Song is planned for retail release, HF isn't gonna be physical.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Feel free to purchase Taiwanese/Japanese version then :)

Taiwanese version have something that is close to English (I can't say it's English, because it's only close to it :D) and Japanese one doesn't have English.

Lost Song is planned for retail release, HF isn't gonna be physical.

I think there already is a Sword Art Online physical copy for US, if I'm not mistaken.

Can anyone speak for Velocity Ultra? It looks great, and $3 is my kind of price range for a plattable game.

I am just going to post these fine reviews from the Recent Platinum thread and you can judge for yourself :D (FYI I love this game)

photo-thumb-25411.jpg?_r=1417368753 Posted by A-Brawl3r on 07 November 2014 - 04:10 PM in PlayStation Network

#99 Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Show Thumb Respect 

Because this player earned it.

Very fun for such a small game, liked the fact it had minesweeper in it. Critical Urgency levels were really good but some of the later levels drag on for too long.

Only  1 away from 100, what will it be... Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

#442456 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-6790.jpg?_r=1417651577 Posted by BlueDiamond93 on 27 October 2014 - 11:22 PM in PlayStation Network

soultaker655, on 27 Oct 2014 - 19:46, said:snapback.png

:platinum: #58 Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Really fun game that’s pretty fair beside the last 5 missions and the godslaying mini-game known as Minesweeper.

Difficulty: 8/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

#442361 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-57238.jpg?_r=1399168274 Posted by soultaker655 on 27 October 2014 - 07:46 PM in PlayStation Network

:platinum: #58 Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Really fun game that’s pretty fair beside the last 5 missions and the godslaying mini-game known as Minesweeper.

Difficulty: 8/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

#434135 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-30.png?_r=1417481489 Posted by simula67 on 17 October 2014 - 06:38 PM in PlayStation Network

#133 and #134

1L722429.png 1Lc25c88.png

:platinum: Velocity Ultra  :platinum:  and   :platinum: Velocity 2X  :platinum:

For me, the Velocity games are like meeting this gorgeous woman at a bar, but having her annoying friend do her best to send you away.

I couldn't put Ultra down and cruised through it with little challenge other than the last couple of levels. Loved every second of it! Velocity 2X built upon this already superb formula, adding the platforming sections, which I was skeptical about but grew to really enjoy. They feel natural, like playing a whole different game but with the same familiar controls. The levels are all well-designed, guiding you but never really holding your hand. Even the more labyrinth-like levels took only a few runs to figure out the correct path. Though the Critical Urgency levels were my favorite in both games, these more puzzle-centric levels were a welcome break from those that gauged success by only reaction time. 

And indeed, that success does not come easy in this game. Few games can match the thrill of finally seeing that "Perfect" pop up after finishing a level; of making it through a level unscathed. Perfect runs in Ultra and 2X look so effortless when viewed on YouTube. It's impossible to capture on video just how much skill and timing goes in to making that happen. In this way, the difficulty of Velocity is love/hate for me. Every failed attempt made me sour, but every success renewed me and teased me to try just one more level before bed. These are games that really reward you in the end.

However, during my time with both games, I couldn't shake the feeling that the Vita was holding me back. I constantly felt like I was fighting with the controls (hardware, not software) and needing to overcompensate for their inadequacy. After completing both games, it has become my assertion that the Velocity games demand a level of precision that the Vita just cannot consistently provide. The tiny radius of the Vita's thumbsticks failed me routinely as bombs would shoot in the wrong direction, or I would teleport to the side instead of forward (or sometimes not teleport at all).

Nothing however, was worse than aiming the telepod while on foot. Trying to be both quick and accurate with it using the Vita was often an exercise in futility. I even so much as tweeted my frustration to FuturLab, who responded that I should use the touchscreen controls instead. Ha, right. Show me a person getting perfects on some of the higher critical urgency levels using the touchscreen and I'll show you a liar.

I wanted to test my hardware theory by doing a few levels on my PS4 after finishing 2X. I found it much more difficult, and quickly realized that I was still conditioned to react like I was playing on my Vita.

Now, all of this isn't to say that I disliked either of these games. In fact, just the opposite.  I loved both of them. (This may be a surprise to my friends, who were routinely on the receiving end of curse-riddled rants about them...) 2X might be the best Vita game this side of Child of Light that I've played this year. But after trying 2X out on PS4 and seeing just how spectacular the game looks on a big screen, and how much fuller the music and sound effects are, I can't help but wonder if I made a critical mistake by playing it on the handheld. 

If you have an aim at playing these games, I hope that I have not dissuaded you. In truth they really are exquisite experiences and both are worth your time and money. Don't let their annoying friend, the Vita, send you away.

/fin

#431444 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-18872.jpg?_r=1397430222 Posted by Mcbeanstr on 14 October 2014 - 07:33 AM in PlayStation Network

:platinum: #50

Velocity 2X

1Lc25c88.png

This game is amazing just like the velocity ultra it's so addictive and gorgeous. I loved everything about this game, gameplay, graphics, bonus missions. Really proud of myself for sticking it out and making it my 50th :)

#430055 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-51424.jpg?_r=1417646792 Posted by Mah2c on 12 October 2014 - 04:48 PM in PlayStation Network

1L722429.png PLATINUM 47 - VELOCITY ULTRA

Yay, really happy about this one!!! Amazing game if suberb soundtrack. I'm always trying to understand why this happens, but this one is another example of how indie games are a blast, and sometimes better than almost any big game out there. 

Also i like to thanks Dr Mayus for providing the right prescription to me, and allowing me to finally complete a minesweeper game, all i can say is play this one, is really amazing

#429900 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-117485.jpg?_r=1413125221 Posted by platypus200 on 12 October 2014 - 12:31 PM in PlayStation Network

4th Platinum: Velocity Ultra

236E929B54F2A7B8B74657F94BEAA4088AFB1129

Show Thumb Respect

Because this player earned it

Finally a platinum that I can brag about. My others were too easy to get.

#417575 Most Recent Platinum

photo-50548.png?_r=1409615328 Posted by silverstag88 on 24 September 2014 - 07:34 PM in PlayStation Network

So I'm late posting this because my computer died which is actually the reason I got motivated enough to finish this off:

Yippe Kai Yay!

Velocity 2X

1Lc25c88.png

First, this game is the sequel to the amazing Velocity Ultra which is one of my favorite Vita games of all time. Is it as good as the first? No, it's better. The controls are really solid and make the daunting task of perfecting every level really enjoyable. Velocity 2X takes everything that was great about the first and then adds more. I wasn't sure about getting out of the ship at first, but the platforming sections are just as good as the ship sections. Overall, really really good game to play and even better to perfect. Free on Plus right now, there's no excuse not to try it. :)

#416854 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-81566.jpg?_r=1390507383 Posted by SiZeR- on 23 September 2014 - 06:41 PM in PlayStation Network

40-platinum.png #144 Velocity 2x

0.99% ULTRA RARE

1Lc25c88.png

Yippee Kai Yay 

Level 47, FUUUUU....

#416257 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-48712.jpg?_r=1407870653 Posted by BIGZ5591Zam3Chi7 on 22 September 2014 - 11:17 PM in PlayStation Network

#57 :platinum:  Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Show Thumb Respect 

I loved the challenge it gave but dam my thumb sure does hurt.  ^_^  Especially trying to get a perfect medal on level 50  :blink:  that came with occasional numbness and pain on the right thumb  :lol: .  

#415150 Most Recent Platinum

default_large.png Posted by lesk8vaincra on 21 September 2014 - 08:54 AM in PlayStation Network

Velocity 2X

:platinum: #45

1Lc25c88.png

Yippee Kai Yay

Velocity 2X 0.93%

Ultra Rare 40-platinum.png

one of the hardest plat i got :). But i'm really glad i got it ^^

#410354 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-22062.jpeg?_r=1417493045 Posted by Wdjat Prinny Doods on 14 September 2014 - 04:40 PM in PlayStation Network

#82-Velocity 2X 

Well it is official Futurlab Games is my new favorite gaming company doods, they have delivered another quality game. This is the sequel to the awesome game Velocity Ultra  and I thought this game was better than the 1st game. This game had platforming sections which werent in the first game, they are just as fast paced and fun as flying in the ship. This game also had some boss fights, also not present in the 1st game, which was another welcome addition. The soundtrack was just as awesome as the first game with some of tracks from the 1st game returning (although my favorite one didn't return). As great as this game was, I still had a couple gripes. Wasn't really fan of the projectile teleporter for the platforming sections, I felt it slow down things at times taking away from the fast paced nature I love in this game. Also didn't like the little delay when placing a teleporter on the ship parts, it was instant on the 1st game. I was happy to see the difficulty wasn't scaled down in this game, in fact I thought this game was harder than the 1st game. All in all another fun experience that I highly recommend doods.

#323991 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-22062.jpeg?_r=1417493045 Posted by Wdjat Prinny Doods on 14 May 2014 - 01:51 PM in PlayStation Network

#71 Velocity Ultra (Vita)

Such an awesome game,very fast paced. This game was pretty challenging but I had fun with it the whole way. I highly recommend this game.

#323514 Most Recent Platinum

photo-50548.png?_r=1409615328 Posted by silverstag88 on 13 May 2014 - 05:37 PM in PlayStation Network

Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Show Thumb Respect

Such a fun platinum to get. Highly recommended. 

#321759 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-54513.jpg?_r=1417494714 Posted by Blue Flare on 10 May 2014 - 10:34 PM in PlayStation Network

Platinum #34 - Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

:platinum: Show Thumb Respect

Difficulty: 7/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

It's free for plus members! You will regret now downloading this. It has a good amount of challenge, and very unique gameplay with a bit of a retro throwback. Platinum was worth it and has a nice pun to it so I couldn't resist.

#283193 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-1119.png?_r=1417491960 Posted by Dr_Mayus on 16 March 2014 - 10:35 AM in PlayStation Network

DILLAsirens, on 16 Mar 2014 - 10:28, said:snapback.png

:platinum: #26

Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Show Thumb Respect

A very fun and addictive top down shooter. It's one of those games which succeed in presenting a proper and fair challenge; if you die or fail a mission, it rarely feels frustratingly cheap. It'll usually be due to a mistake you made and that helps in making the experience less rage-inducing lol. Some of the missions can appear to be really tough at first (especially the later ones), but completing this game really is a matter of trial and error. If you keep at it, you'll get the plat in no time ;)

I definitely recommend any fellow Vita owners to pick this one up off the PSN store. Along with the 50 zones in the main campaign, there are a lot of side missions and mini-games thrown in for good measure, so you get a pretty good bang for your buck. It costs $7.49 and it only takes up 190 MB of memory. Well worth checking out for the low price!

Congratulations. I am playing this right now and can vouch for everything posted here (except I only paid 2$ for it :P). My only advice is to turn off Touch Screen warp because otherwise you will find yourself flying in every direction you don't want to go ^_^.

I just need 3 more perfects and 5 Smith Missions left until my plat.

#283188 Most Recent Platinum

photo-thumb-55743.jpg?_r=1417557247 Posted by Akane Kurashiki on 16 March 2014 - 10:28 AM in PlayStation Network

:platinum: #26

Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Show Thumb Respect

A very fun and addictive top down shooter. It's one of those games which succeed in presenting a proper and fair challenge; if you die or fail a mission, it rarely feels frustratingly cheap. It'll usually be due to a mistake you made and that helps in making the experience less rage-inducing lol. Some of the missions can appear to be really tough at first (especially the later ones), but completing this game really is a matter of trial and error. If you keep at it, you'll get the plat in no time ;)

I definitely recommend any fellow Vita owners to pick this one up off the PSN store. Along with the 50 zones in the main campaign, there are a lot of side missions and mini-games thrown in for good measure, so you get a pretty good bang for your buck. It costs $7.49 and it only takes up 190 MB of memory. Well worth checking out for the low price!

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

As for the Tales of Symphonia games being a good deal at $8.00 each for a total of $16.00. The full collection was on sale for $7.50 on August 12, 2014 during the PSN's Anime sale and yes I do obviously realise that deals over with but just sayin'

Quite a few games I'm looking at: Master Reboot, Pac-man Museum, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, I have the first Dragon Fantasy Book but is the second game worth 6 bucks? I couldn't really get into the first game but seeing the second game has a platinum at the end of it's worth the grind. I'm also looking at Raiden IV: Overkill as well but wish it was a little cheaper maybe like $7.50.

Edited by MAXTHUNDER