Kmart Australia also taking down GTA V.

GoldenWolfHunter

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/04/kmart-is-also-pulling-gta-5-off-shelves-in-australia

“Following a significant review of all content in Grand Theft Auto Games Kmart has taken the decision to remove this product immediately. Kmart apologises for not being closer to the content of this game.”

Who do you think will ban GTA next? Find out after the break.

Are they going to stop selling condoms and lube too? Those items encourage "violence towards women" just as much as GTA does. 

I can only hope that in the next GTA game Rockstar does something hilarious with this whole situation.

Parker 

They should do clones of the people behind this so we could kill them in the story progression.

To be fair though, 90% of GTA Vs missions tasked you with killing and abusing women, I remember trying to beat my friends kill streak on that mission with the blonde one, sadly I ran out of health because I wasn't killing them fast enough (anyone got any tips on how to kill them quicker? I've been using the old knife and gasoline combo, but they take fooorever to burn).

Seriously though, without regurgitating what I said in the last thread, GTA is meant to be offensive, but these people have used all the wrong reasons. Rip in piece to all the Australian gta fans.

The whole reasoning behind this is stupid. This is another example of people complaining about stuff that doesn't affect there lives in anyway. Out of this petition I would be shocked if 5% of the people who signed it ever played GTA 5.

But I think its not really a big issue because it will lead to probably 20-25 less copies of the game being sold. The only people still buying games at kmart and target in Australia are parents who think its convenient to do all the shopping in 1 store.

About time somebody takes a stand against video game violence. I for one think GTA is the most horrifying thing and here's the scariest part. KIDS HAVE ACCESS TO THIS SMUT. It's only a matter of time before everyone whose ever played a Grand Theft Auto game turns into a serial killer.

• Like 1

About time somebody takes a stand against video game violence. I for one think GTA is the most horrifying thing and here's the scariest part. KIDS HAVE ACCESS TO THIS SMUT. It's only a matter of time before everyone whose ever played a Grand Theft Auto game turns into a serial killer.

yeah lemme start with you being my first victim... if a video game turns you into a killing moron, you're too dumb to be living anyway... kids only have access because parents don't do research on games to know whats in them.. and most parents know their kid isn't gonna turn into some dipshit who runs out into a street and RPG's traffic... 

• Like 1

yeah lemme start with you being my first victim... if a video game turns you into a killing moron, you're too dumb to be living anyway... kids only have access because parents don't do research on games to know whats in them.. and most parents know their kid isn't gonna turn into some dipshit who runs out into a street and RPG's traffic... 

Don't underestimate the power of Grand Theft Auto. There are some at my church who believe that it was actually created by Satan himself in an effort to turn our children evil.

Personally, I can't recall a single instance in GTA V (and I am currently playing it) where I have been tasked with killing any woman. There is the Soloman mission where you chase a woman who has made off with the movie reel but, as Michael is at mains to point out, he didn't actually kill her, he was just there as she ran past a jet engine and was sucked in.

I have killed women in the game, but that has never been because they are women. Usually they're collateral damage as I drive recklessly through the streets, or they happen to be driving a car I want.

All the cops and enemies are male, as far as I know. 

Personally, I think there's a lot more violence and hatred towards women in the Bible and Q'ran (read them both). Are they going to ban them next?