Anyone Else Glad The Dark Below Has No Trophies?

IrishNexus

When Destiny first came out, I played it almost religiously with a group of friends, every day for weeks. Eventually I lost touch with those friends and since then my Destiny playing has rapidly decreased to now I haven't even started it up in ages.

The trophies in Destiny aren't the best, namely the ones for fully maxing out the three classes... and those god awful raid ones.

I was dreading The Dark Below coming out, namely because of its steep price for a single piece of DLC, but I was also worrying it would add trophies because it'd mean if I ever perfected the main game of Destiny, I'd need the DLC to get that full 100%. For regular game players I'm sure it wouldn't matter anyway, but do any trophy hunters agree?

• Like 2

I remember hearing that Bungie said that Destiny was gonna be supported for 10 years before it launched, and that had me thinking that this game was going to be like DCUO (DC Universe Online) with the DLC trophies, haha. Surprisingly they didn't release trophies with this piece of DLC it looks like, but you never know, maybe they'll pull an Uncharted 3 and drop a billion ridiculous DLC trophies a year later, lolol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I remember hearing that Bungie said that Destiny was gonna be supported for 10 years before it launched, and that had me thinking that this game was going to be like DCUO (DC Universe Online) with the DLC trophies, haha. Surprisingly they didn't release trophies with this piece of DLC it looks like, but you never know, maybe they'll pull an Uncharted 3 and drop a billion ridiculous DLC trophies a year later, lolol

Im thinking there will be title updates and trophies added over time. But who knows

This! This is what I think is going to happen. About 40-50 trophies in about a year.

Also, from what I understand, Destiny is going to have sequels. Destiny will probably get 3 or 4 expansions before Destiny 2 (which is already in the works) is released.

I remember hearing that Bungie said that Destiny was gonna be supported for 10 years before it launched

I thought they clarified that "Destiny the franchise" was going to last 10 years, and that the claim "Destiny will be supported for 10 years" was actually just marketing hype. I believe that they are planning a trilogy, all said and done. More money that way.

Similar to how they claimed that they had invested $500M into Destiny. Again, they clarified that this was the 10 year plan and that the budget was planned to span 3 games, DLC development, server support, community management, etc etc. The $500M claim was another headline seeking claim that didn't stand up to scrutiny.

The more I read about this game, the more I'm glad I gave it a miss. The cynic in me sees the base game as just a platform to sell (expensive) DLC.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.