So now you can use seeds and unlock trophies...

TheYuriG

Well, I just need to complete the hard run with every character, then it's on to picking up all the items for Platinum God.   Seems like I have heaps to find :(

What's the best way to do this?   One of the item duplication glitches (maybe the first step of this, with the trapdoor:  http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth/258839-game-breaking-glitch-also-easy-super-meat-boy-bandage-girl.html)?   Or this there a better way?

Thanks all, this thread is super helpful :)

Also, like the guy above, I'm on an older patch on the Vita.   Should I find EVERY item and THEN update to the latest in the hope that everything pops?    Or leave one item left to find (maybe start a game, find the item, quit, upload save, update patch, continue run?).   

EDIT:   Actually I won't be able to find Godhead until I update, so I guess I'll find everything else and then use Eden as you mentioned above :D

Edited by BitMeIntoParts

Well, I just need to complete the hard run with every character, then it's on to picking up all the items for Platinum God.   Seems like I have heaps to find :(

What's the best way to do this?   One of the item duplication glitches (maybe the first step of this, with the trapdoor:  http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth/258839-game-breaking-glitch-also-easy-super-meat-boy-bandage-girl.html)?   Or this there a better way?

Thanks all, this thread is super helpful :)

Also, like the guy above, I'm on an older patch on the Vita.   Should I find EVERY item and THEN update to the latest in the hope that everything pops?    Or leave one item left to find (maybe start a game, find the item, quit, upload save, update patch, continue run?).   

EDIT:   Actually I won't be able to find Godhead until I update, so I guess I'll find everything else and then use Eden as you mentioned above :D

Why wouldn't you be able to get godhead? 

Because Godhead doesn't exist pre-1.05. That's part of the reason that Platinum was impossible until now.

Took bloody ages to find it myself and sadly missed out on a top 50 first achiever spot because of it  :( . I have Platinum now but there's no listings for post-50. Oh well.

Now to wait for Afterbirth. Luckily Isaac is tiny so I don't have to worry too much about it taking up a ton of space on my tiny card.

Because Godhead doesn't exist pre-1.05. That's part of the reason that Platinum was impossible until now.

Took bloody ages to find it myself and sadly missed out on a top 50 first achiever spot because of it  :( . I have Platinum now but there's no listings for post-50. Oh well.

Now to wait for Afterbirth. Luckily Isaac is tiny so I don't have to worry too much about it taking up a ton of space on my tiny card.

For just EU or US as well?  That's why I am asking since I am in the US and thought it was possible to still get it...

For just EU or US as well?  That's why I am asking since I am in the US and thought it was possible to still get it...

EU only. For US, you can get Godhead with 1.02.

Is there any way to revert back to version 1.00? I deleted my game and re-downloaded it... but when it installed.. it was back to the latest version -_- ...

Vita or PS4? On the Vita, the system automatically downloads the latest patch with the game when you ask to download it from the store. Download the game and deny the patch and you should be okay.

If you use a ps4, I can't help because I don't own one.

EU only. For US, you can get Godhead with 1.02.

Vita or PS4? On the Vita, the system automatically downloads the latest patch with the game when you ask to download it from the store. Download the game and deny the patch and you should be okay.

If you use a ps4, I can't help because I don't own one.

Thanks for the info, Yuri. :)

Well I ended up using the BASE MENT seed, which is just an infinite loop of the 2 basement levels so you end up picking up the vast majority of stuff until it maxes out and just starts giving you Breakfast every time :)    The poor old Vita was really struggling by the end, SO much stuff on the screen.

Anyway that's brought my item count up to 310-ish so much more manageable now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been playing on PS4 and Vita and this method doesn't seem to work. My game is EU and PS4 says it's 1.02 version. Tried multiple times multiple seeds (principally, CONF ETT1 and SDKB 637M) but still no luck =(

I can either play with the seed, or earn trophies but not both.

Can you help me somehow? I followed your instruction by the letter. May be it's not working with EU versions?

Hi, I've been playing on PS4 and Vita and this method doesn't seem to work. My game is EU and PS4 says it's 1.02 version. Tried multiple times multiple seeds (principally, CONF ETT1 and SDKB 637M) but still no luck =(

Can you help me somehow? I followed your instruction by the letter. May be it's not working with EU versions?

Unfortunately seed glitch doesn't work in latest patch.

Are you sure you have a real 1.02 or a fake 1.02 with game patched? check your in game patch notes before launching, I'm quite sure that either your game is now patched and you didn't realize or you did some of the steps wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Step 2, play as azazel using the Ludovico Technique seed (WK41 KPZX) until you beat mom, mom's heart (11x), cathedral (5x) and sheol (5x) so you unlock the whole gameplay.

Step 3.1, use the Quarter seed to grind out donation on the shop machine so you can have an 'unlimited' supply of coins on future playthroughs.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for me.  The other seeds; Pay2play, fearm1nt, concussion, etc...are all working.  The Ludo and Quarter are not.  WK41 KPZX gives me a map that has Mom's Pad just north of start.  Quarter seed gives me a map with Poison Bombs just south of start.  I am playing on version 1.00 and have beat mom's heart 11x.  I have unlocked the Quarter through playing but I have yet to pick up Ludo.  Any thoughts??

Also, I am in the US.

Thanks, irishcab

Edited by irishcab

I'm not sure why this isn't working for me.  The other seeds; Pay2play, fearm1nt, concussion, etc...are all working.  The Ludo and Quarter are not.  WK41 KPZX gives me a map that has Mom's Pad just north of start.  Quarter seed gives me a map with Poison Bombs just south of start.  I am playing on version 1.00 and have beat mom's heart 11x.  I have unlocked the Quarter through playing but I have yet to pick up Ludo.  Any thoughts??

Also, I am in the US.

Thanks, irishcab

So it's giving you completely different items? That is strange, I don't think I can say anything to help you, since you already clarified being on 1.00 and US game. Maybe backup your save and reinstall the game, hoping for the best?

• 2 weeks later...

So it's giving you completely different items? That is strange, I don't think I can say anything to help you, since you already clarified being on 1.00 and US game. Maybe backup your save and reinstall the game, hoping for the best?

i have exactly the same problem. 1.00 on vita but EU. Even tried start over again. New file. Nope. Can't get ludovico. 

i have exactly the same problem. 1.00 on vita but EU. Even tried start over again. New file. Nope. Can't get ludovico. 

You guys might want to try using another seed then. Check the wiki for it.

K so i have a question, im about to start playing this game, so as for the seeds, and difference patch versions, how should i go about doing this, what's the quickest and most painless way towards the platinum? also im in NA and playing on PS4. Thanks in advance.

get all items and secrets possible before using the patch, then get the unnobtainable items for the other thread and godhead to pop the plat.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26907-item-unobtainable-in-vita-version-100/unread/

i.ve tried to use the seed on wike. Doesn't work. I got technology. I tried it on my ps4  1.00. wk41 seed the same items as in the vita. How bizar. Also the wike seed for ps4 didn't work. Kind of mushroom. Too bad. In the past it worked for me me but i had to star all over because i lost me save game wiith psplus. Wrong button. Didn't download my save file but upload. Oops all gone. 60% trophies. Now it's a bit harder if the seeds won't work.

• 2 months later...

Ok so i'm pretty sure when they update it they change seeds, because those seeds didn't work on 1.0. For those of us doing the exploit now, you have to run 1.0 by reinstalling the game and not downloading the update. Luckily I spent some time finding a ludovico seed that we can use for Azazel. Seed is SWW6 SZK3. Go left for treasure room. If I find any more 1.0 seeds that would be useful for platting I will post them in this topic.

The thread isn't very active but i'm posting just in case someone stumbles upon it like i did and is trying to plat the game.

Ok so i'm pretty sure when they update it they change seeds, because those seeds didn't work on 1.0. For those of us doing the exploit now, you have to run 1.0 by reinstalling the game and not downloading the update. Luckily I spent some time finding a ludovico seed that we can use for Azazel. Seed is SWW6 SZK3. Go left for treasure room. If I find any more 1.0 seeds that would be useful for platting I will post them in this topic.

The thread isn't very active but i'm posting just in case someone stumbles upon it like i did and is trying to plat the game.

Thanks a lot. This seed works for me. I wasn't playing isaac now because it was too difficult for me to get all those trophies but now i can give it a try. 

Thanks a lot. This seed works for me. I wasn't playing isaac now because it was too difficult for me to get all those trophies but now i can give it a try. 

Hey no problem, whenever i come across any seeds that will make platting it on 1.0 easier i'll be sure to post them. Also, i'd like to encourage anyone else working on it using this strategy to do the same. Anything that would make lost runs, rare items, or just op runs in general for normal and hardmode. It'd be great to work up a list for 1.0 seeds.

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple months I worked this out with my friend DanielDCN which is working toward this platinum as well and I realized that the seeds for this game works differently according to the current patch. I've edited the OP with some seeds my friend found on 1.00, so they should be usable by everyone. Please post feedback if that is wrong.