Tank Zapper finally popped !

BarneyBadAss

For awhile I thought my Tank Zapper glitched on me. I received the Grunt Zapper trophy 2 days prior so I was getting worried. I have a total of 27803 kills.

What I did was power down the Vita completely. Then once restarted I made sure my wifi was on. On my first Tank kill the trophy popped. I don't know if it was just plain luck or not, but it worked in my case.  

• Like 4

Finally popped for me after 38k kills, didn't power down the vita or anything, was just playing the odd game in between playing Need For Speed. Always played from Level 20 onwards. I think what has happened with this trophy and the grunt zapper one is that the developers have mixed up the kill count. Instead of 1000 tanks and 5000 grunts it's the other way around, 5000 tanks and 1000 grunts. It certainly felt like I destroyed about 5000 tanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For awhile I thought my Tank Zapper glitched on me. I received the Grunt Zapper trophy 2 days prior so I was getting worried. I have a total of 27803 kills.

What I did was power down the Vita completely. Then once restarted I made sure my wifi was on. On my first Tank kill the trophy popped. I don't know if it was just plain luck or not, but it worked in my case.  

Worked for me as well, thanks!

I got the other zapper trophies when I expected them, the tank zapper just didn't pop up. Did what you did and on the first tank I got my trophy.

no it's not, I got this trophy extremely early in the game, I must have had 100-200 kills. Yet I've killed over 10.000 grunts and no trophy for that, I've given up on the game, too many hours for nothing.

I kinda feel like I have to finish it lol I have a little over 10k and still haven't got 500 dodger kills. Dodgers are the ones that fly if I'm not wrong, also the 5k with the ray gun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can i count how tanks i already kill?

No, the game only shows the number of total aliens killed.

does anyone knows if the glitches are fix?

As far as i know it never had a patch so all kill-related trophies are still glitched. 

Edited by renatabls
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's my advice, stay away from this game.

Any game that forces you to keep it running while you grind an absurd amount of enemies is a no go.

Personally I wouldn't recommend closing out the app. I would only close it if you feel you already destroyed 1000 tanks and you already have the 5000 grunts trophy.

Even then it only works for half the people. Some people get the trophy, others don't.

So the only surefire way would be to play through a 10 - 20 hour session WITHOUT exiting the game, or start from scratch from the very beginning to start counting how many tank kills you've earned.

Get Off My Lawn is garbage. Guess that's why they're offering it for free.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

So come back to it today, after being off it for like 2 months. Was ready to do the long grind which would take hours, but was lucky that it poped for the first tank. Seem's like the counter is either broken still, the glitch worked or the counter had been on 999 when I last played. 

• 5 months later...

I've never went from pure anger to absolute joy so fast. Been grinding this stupid tank zapper trophy for the past 2 days or so. Haven't turned it off/closed my game. Round 230 or so my game fucking crashes and boots me out of it. I restart the game, kill a tank and the trophy pops. Fuck this game.