Cheap Platinums and 100% with Playstation Now.

Wavergray

Nothing...and I do mean NOTHING beats owning games and playing them on your own terms! Something like this should not even be up for negotiation with most gamers. You're pretty much selling away any remaining consumer rights that you have by supporting Playstation Now.

I agree but, it seems we don't own crap anymore if you read the EULA's and such. They can update the game and remove features, and who knows what else. I guess though with a physical copy you can choose not to update the game, but then how will all the bugs get fixed :| 

Note: Yes I know in its current form PS Now seems overpriced and underwhelming, but that not what this topic is about.

I was looking through the games on PS Now and I noticed that if you only want to :platinum:  / 100% certain games it may be cheaper to get them on PS Now.

If the game is really easy to :platinum:  /100% or if you feel you could :platinum:  /100% it in a certain amount of time, the 7 day rental(between $4 to $8 for most games) or 30 day rental( between $7 to $15 for most of the games) may be cheaper then buying the game.

Starting January 13th PS Now will have a subscription option for PS4. It will cost $20 for 1 month and $45 for 3 months. 

If you only have a PS4 this is a great way to  :platinum: /100% some of the easiest game on the PS3.

Here are the game I feel most people can :platinum: / 100% in less then 7 days.

• Alien Rage ($5)
  • Alone in the Dark ($5) (90 days only)
  • BEN 10 OMNIVERSE ($5)
  • BEN 10 OMNIVERSE 2 ($8)
  • Bound By Flame ($8)
  • Cel Damage HD ($4)
  • Contrast ($7)
  • Dragon's Lair ($4)
  • Dragon's Lair II ($4)
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard ($4)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ($6)
  • Farming Simulator ($10)
  • Fighting Vipers ($5) (90 days only)
  • Galaga Legions ($4)
  • God of War: Ascension ($6)
  • Guacamelee ($6)
  • Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi ($8)
  • HEAVY FIRE AFGHANISTAN ($5)
  • HEAVY FIRE SHATTERED SPEAR ($6)
  • Madagascar 3: The Video Game ($6)
  • Magus ($4)
  • Matt Hazard: Blood, Bath and Beyond ($4)
  • NiGHTS into dreams ($4)
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD ($7)
  • Papo & Yo ($4)
  • Pure Chess ($8) (90 days only)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault ($6)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus ($7)
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD ($6)
  • Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game ($6)
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken ($4)
  • Sonic CD ($5) (90 days only)
  • Space Ace ($7)
  • Stick it to The Man ($4)
  • Thomas Was Alone ($4)
  • Titan Attacks ($4)
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO ($8)

For people who only have a PSV, or PSTV here is a list of games I feel most people can  :platinum: / 100% in less then 30 days.

• Darksiders ($8)
  • Darksiders 2 ($15)
  • Deus Ex: The Human Revolution ($8)
  • Final Fantasy XIII ($8)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 ($8)
  • Infamous ($8)
  • Infamous 2 ($8)
  • Killzone 3 ($8)
  • Mass Effect 2 ($8)
  • Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition ($12)
  • Saints Row 4 ($15)
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ($8)
  • Sonic Generations ($12)

(Note: I only don't know that much about each game so if there are glitched trophies or sometime like that in one of these games I wouldn't know)

So if you meet all the requirements for PS Now and feel like obtaining the  :platinum:  / 100% for one of those games, maybe you should give it a try one day.

This is making me want to buy the PS NOW subscription :3

45$ for 3 months or something.. Well that is a lot of platinum's to take for 45$!

Fair enough, the more you know then. That is an insane amount of internet for that, and yet another reason I'd prefer to just download the game, 20 gig on a game, no problem, 50 gig on a game, hell even that's cool as a one time thing. Using that much for a couple days, no way man. I have 200 go ( ;) ) a month and that's because of a mistake my provider made, I only pay for 100, if I had 100, that's insane.

You still have limited data transfer!?

• Like 1

Yup, isn't it great? I get to pay nearly 100 bucks a month for 200g of internet. Did I mention that's monthly? Literally ends up costing over a grand a year for this, and the sad part, there's a lot of other good providers out there (a lot may be a stretch but there's a fair few) but this is the best available deal for my area. I mean, I get PayTV and shit with it, but I don't really care about that, I have the internet damn it, two hundred glorious gigs of it.

I'm being sarcastic of course, but if you want a genuine laugh at my expense, a bit over 5 years ago I was in a TWO YEAR CONTRACT for SIX GIGS of FUCKING GOD AWFULLY SLOW mobile USB stick broadband internet thing. It took me about 5 minutes to load an average song on YouTube. This was not considered good at the time even, but it wasn't considered horrible, at least not by the people I quizzed, so in conclusion, Australia is number one, unless you want a fair priced internet deal.

• Like 1

Anyone know the technical aspects of this service? I wonder if games that freeze a lot (fallout series to name one) would run better. If the games are being emulated on some kind of super computer, its possible that this service may have some advantages when it comes to games that have bad screen tearing or freeze because the PS3 doesn't have enough memory ect.

I agree but, it seems we don't own crap anymore if you read the EULA's and such. They can update the game and remove features, and who knows what else. I guess though with a physical copy you can choose not to update the game, but then how will all the bugs get fixed :|

That's why I believe in buying retail for anything that I want to flat out own and 3 simple standards for everything else:

1. Small downloadable games ONLY available as digital titles. If I lost access to them, sure I'd be upset over it but not too upset since I didn't spend a lot of money on it and bought it with full knowledge of risks.

2. Free or dirt cheap AAA titles that I was initially on the fence about or had no plans on buying. Self explainatory...if I loose access, its spilled milk.

3. HD remakes that I really want to play but have no choice other than to buy it as a digital only title.

Anything out side of that, its straight up retail. Once upon a time, developers actually released games without game breaking bugs. Most still do, so as far as patches and everything like that goes, I'm not too worried about it.

Edited by merciful84

• 4 months later...