Do I need to play Re;Birth 1 to understand this ?

I would start with Re:Birth 1. Cheaper now and easier to plat. When you finish you will probably can get Rebirth 2 cheaper.

PS3 versions are a big rare and you would have to pay full price for the first one. Mk2 and Victory will be around 30. 

ReBirth improved battle system makes it the one to start with compared to the original.

Ok, so I haven't played any HN game at all. I've heard a lot of people saying that this series is good and fun to play so I decided to give it a try, but have no clue where to start from. Do I need to start with the PS3 games ? or Re;Birth 1 ? what about MK2 and Producing Perfection ? are they spin off or what ?

Thanks

Let me chime in with agreement with others. I've had my ups and downs with the HN series, but I definitely wouldn't start with a spin-off.

Also, in regards to the post just above mine, I was at my local Gamestop recently, and saw a used copy of the original Neptunia for a pretty good price (though not as good as it should have been).

Edited by starcrunch061

As a Fan of the Series since it's Start, I Say you Should Start at the Original Ps3 Games & move up the Ladder,

Mk2 being the Second in the Series & a Sort of Reboot is a Good place as Any

Re;Birth 1 is a Decent place as well, but it does contain Various References to the original Releases & it outright States the Story is Different to the Original one..

that Said, The original one Still has the best Characterization of the Series & you should at least give it a look

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

PS3 versions are a big rare and you would have to pay full price for the first one. Mk2 and Victory will be around 30. 

Really? I got new physical copies of HDN and HDN mk2 a couple of years for half price. :D I got Victory a few months ago as well.

I feel kinda special now.

Edited by Xhillia

As others said, Neps must be enjoyed from the start =D

But the first one may bring you a bit of rage due to its... interesting battle system =D

Which is changed in ReBirth 1.

How much did you pay for each? Maybe I will search to get a better collection.

Original HDN - half the price

mk2 - quarter the price - used one

Victory, Rebirth 1, PP - full price

I want to support Nepbudget so I pay the full price for Nepgames.

Well, it hard to find here in Canada. Mk2 and Victory I can find new for 30-35. First one I can only find at 60.

How much did you pay for each? Maybe I will search to get a better collection.

I got the first two for 20€ each and Victory for 40€.

Can't get physical Vita games where I live tho, so I got Rebirth 1 and PP from PSN sales.

Why don't you import US versions?

(I'm a bit surprised about PP since that one had retail version in EU. Or Slovenia blocks all retail games?)

As much as I'd like to have the boxes, I don't want to pay extra shipping for every Vita game I get, or having to wait for weeks for each one for that matter. xD

Dunno why it's like that, we don't have any retailers like GameStop or whatever that would specifically sell only videogames. The closest thing we have is Müller's gaming section and out of the Vita games, they only ever have Minecraft in stock and that one Silent Hill game that's been on the shelf since forever. They're up-to-date with games for other consoles but there is no love for the Vita.  -_-