Latest Law & Order:SVU is about GamerGate.

Wolvie_181

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/09/next-law-order-svu-looks-anita-sarkeesian-gamergate/

So the writers think all gamers have a cabal against women?

Yes,we do have a few nuts in the gaming community,but so does every other group.

To say the all gamers hate women is irresponsible,and stupid.

I've meant so really awesome people here.

Everyone was nice to me when I first joined this site.

But what do I know,I'm just a gamer that hates women  (even though I am one)

Still not a fan of Sarkeesian :angry:

At first I was going to say, "How are they going to do an episode on corrupt gaming journalism?" Then I remembered Anita made this topic all about her, and how gamers are sexist, and of course her brain dead followers ate it up.

Everyone involved in this thing was acting really stupid. The idiots sending death threats to Anita, making all gamers look bad. As well as, Anita and her fellow "feminists" making all the real feminists look bad.

• Like 2

I consider myself a gamer...

Several months later, I still have no idea what gamergate became outside "gamers hate women!". Honestly, I didn't care either. It just became a clusterfuck over who was right. Whether gamer, gaming journalist, feminist or the media: Nobody even knew what they were talking about anymore. :facepalm:

I heard she might have some say in the mirrors edge 2 game...Thanks guys

It's funny, I just watched a video about that topic a few days ago.

http://youtu.be/V8Dc7fnGPcA

AlphaOmegaSin has a few videos about this Anita person, I actually never even heard of her before about a week ago, I try to ignore most of that "gamergate" crap.

I just wish this bullshit would just go away, Anita and her followers would just drift into obscurity, gamers would go back to just playing games...but it won't. I have a feeling this shit is gonna stick around, long after the arguments have gone stale. Anita is just another person looking to prop herself up, make some cash, and have the limelight shine on her. She could give two shits about women, their rights, or the equality of all... and if she did, she certainly could have picked something more relevant to the world at large than the characters in videogames. Videogames are a hot topic. How violent they are, how much they can influence your actions. Etc, etc. Hell if violent videogames made people violent, I would be behind bars already. I've been exposed to violent media since I was a kid. As I'm sure the vast majority of people on this site have been playing, or watching violence for years. I'm sure there are mentally unstable people who play videogames... but those same people also probably watch movies, listen to music, read violent books... 

Violence is everywhere... it has been a source of entertainment for as long as humanity has existed. 

As for the show taking up the story for an episode... I'm not surprised... after being around for like 13 seasons... the writers must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to keep it relevant. 

• Like 2

Why can't people just leave us gamers alone. We don't hate women but we do hate people who attack our hobby, trying to get attention from the media. It's funny how Anita did a video on damels in distress, and then she goes to act like a damsel to the media. It's sad that people would think that someone like Anita who is ignorant to other opinions, and someone who nitpicks things from our passion is a person of importance.

• Like 1

I'm not for Anita being in Mirror Edge 2's Dev team. hell, I honestly don't give two shits about her but when she thinks she can change games around like she knows whats she's doing, she can get the fuck out.

Also a sidenote; I stopped caring for SVU a long time ago. I'll watch reruns every now and again but I just didn't bother to watch it when they basically moved to NBC.

Edited by Tail Red
  • Like 1

I've been closely following (though not directly involved in) GamerGate ever since it started ... what, like 5 months ago now? It's certainly a very interesting event indeed. It's showed me how corrupt journalists truly are and the lengths they will go to lazily not fix their ethics issues and in the same breath crap all over their own readership with idiotic articles. It's showed me how blown out of proportion a movement can get spun into by the mainstream and how confused everyone gets by it as a result, it shows me how people can use a movement such as GamerGate for their own personal gain (on both sides). I actually think it is necessary to have it for many various reasons and I'm glad that gamers are now more alert at how pure garbage most of the journalists are in this industry and how corrupt people like Anita Sarkeesian, Jonathan McIntosh, and so on are who use the name of feminism and throw its reputation down the toilet.

...Anyway, lol - Law & Order is just another moronic mainstream misinterpretation of a very complex issue in our industry, and I would say not to worry about it one bit since it's simply a fictional show anyway, I didn't even think Law & Order still aired actually! 

Also, for people concerned with Anita Sarkeesian on the development of Mirror's Edge 2, after 50,000 gamers signed a petition telling EA to remove her from development, EA came out and made a statement saying that the claim she worked on the game was misinformation and she had never been involved with development, *whew*!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I've been closely following (though not directly involved in) GamerGate ever since it started ... what, like 5 months ago now? It's certainly a very interesting event indeed. It's showed me how corrupt journalists truly are and the lengths they will go to lazily not fix their ethics issues and in the same breath crap all over their own readership with idiotic articles. It's showed me how blown out of proportion a movement can get spun into by the mainstream and how confused everyone gets by it as a result, it shows me how people can use a movement such as GamerGate for their own personal gain (on both sides). I actually think it is necessary to have it for many various reasons and I'm glad that gamers are now more alert at how pure garbage most of the journalists are in this industry and how corrupt people like Anita Sarkeesian, Jonathan McIntosh, and so on are who use the name of feminism and throw its reputation down the toilet.

...Anyway, lol - Law & Order is just another moronic mainstream misinterpretation of a very complex issue in our industry, and I would say not to worry about it one bit since it's simply a fictional show anyway, I didn't even think Law & Order still aired actually! 

Also, for people concerned with Anita Sarkeesian on the development of Mirror's Edge 2, after 50,000 gamers signed a petition telling EA to remove her from development, EA came out and made a statement saying that the claim she worked on the game was misinformation and she had never been involved with development, *whew*!

I'll agree with just about all of what you said but the bolded part personally if I was interested in Mirror's Edge 2 and not a fan of Sarkeesian I'd still be sceptical as they said development and that is quite different to having her on as consultation.

• Like 2