SPOILERS ! : Who did you left in the fade in "Here lies the abyss" ?

nagisa-chan1987

I left Hawke (taking Stroud). Not becouse of who I think is a better character, but because of what Hawke said made sense to me. "The warden's need to be rebuild. Corypheus is mine". I made the choise from my character's perspective, she put her personal emotions (considering Hawke a friend and knowing what the loss meant to Varric) aside for the sake of the world. The gray wardens need to be rebuild and they need every last one they can get to achieve that.

I left Hawke because I thought the Wardens needed to rebuild as well, and I especially didn't want to lose Blackwall as he can take a beating on my team's behalf. Although I couldn't really figure out the import for Hawke so I just ended up with the default male mage Hawke when mine was a female warrior, so I didn't really feel any attachment to him ...

I left Hawke (taking Stroud). Not becouse of who I think is a better character, but because of what Hawke said made sense to me. "The warden's need to be rebuild. Corypheus is mine". I made the choise from my character's perspective, she put her personal emotions (considering Hawke a friend and knowing what the loss meant to Varric) aside for the sake of the world. The gray wardens need to be rebuild and they need every last one they can get to achieve that.

There are still wardens in other countries.

I left Hawke because I thought the Wardens needed to rebuild as well, and I especially didn't want to lose Blackwall as he can take a beating on my team's behalf. Although I couldn't really figure out the import for Hawke so I just ended up with the default male mage Hawke when mine was a female warrior, so I didn't really feel any attachment to him ...

See above. Also even if you exile the wardens, you can keep Blackwall.

Also to import your custom Hawke you must log in to Bioware Social Network while playing Dragon Age II to upload the custom Hawke. Afterwards go to the Dragon Age Keep (see the Tips and Strategies section of the DA:I guide) and use the custom Hawke in the World State. You can do the same with The Hero of Ferelden from Dragon Age Origins/Awakening/Golems of Amgarrak/Witch Hunt. Set the custom World state to 'import', start Dragon Age Inquisition, log in to PSN and Bioware Social Network (I believe it's now Origin in DA:I), start a new game and import the custom World State.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Stroud or FemHawke: Stroud

Loghain or FemHawke: Loghain

Alistair or FemHawke: Hawke (<- easily the most difficult choice of all the Dragon Age games)

The master has spoken, my knowledge and presence are no more needed xD

Also to import your custom Hawke you must log in to Bioware Social Network while playing Dragon Age II to upload the custom Hawke. Afterwards go to the Dragon Age Keep (see the Tips and Strategies section of the DA:I guide) and use the custom Hawke in the World State. You can do the same with The Hero of Ferelden from Dragon Age Origins/Awakening/Golems of Amgarrak/Witch Hunt. Set the custom World state to default, start Dragon Age Inquisition, log in to PSN and Bioware Social Network (I believe it's now Origin in DA:I), start a new game and import the custom World State.

• Like 1

Also to import your custom Hawke you must log in to Bioware Social Network while playing Dragon Age II to upload the custom Hawke. Afterwards go to the Dragon Age Keep (see the Tips and Strategies section of the DA:I guide) and use the custom Hawke in the World State. You can do the same with The Hero of Ferelden from Dragon Age Origins/Awakening/Golems of Amgarrak/Witch Hunt. Set the custom World state to 'import', start Dragon Age Inquisition, log in to PSN and Bioware Social Network (I believe it's now Origin in DA:I), start a new game and import the custom World State.

I really like Blackwall I wasn't gonna take any chances :lol:  Aw dang see I think I just did "import" without doing the "upload" because I thought Origin already had 'saved' my decisions from the previous game. So I must've gotten a random world state. Oh well, at least that explains why I've ran into some things that didn't make sense lol.

I really like Blackwall I wasn't gonna take any chances :lol:  Aw dang see I think I just did "import" without doing the "upload" because I thought Origin already had 'saved' my decisions from the previous game. So I must've gotten a random world state. Oh well, at least that explains why I've ran into some things that didn't make sense lol.

You can always start another playthrough :lol:. It took me also a while to figure that out. My first playthrough also had a default World State in which the Hero of Ferelden died and Hawke was a male mage even though I never finished DA2 with a male Hawke. Also don't forget to link your Origin account to your PSN account if you haven't done that already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stroud or FemHawke: Stroud

Loghain or FemHawke: Loghain

Alistair or FemHawke: Hawke (<- easily the most difficult choice of all the Dragon Age games)

YES! 

I went the same as you, I could not leave Alistair behind after everything he want through with my warden

• Like 1

First play-trough I left Hawke, thinking that Hawke would be sacrificed so that Grey Wardens would recover with the leadership of Stroud. But that decision broke game for me. Because I every time I saw Varric my heart broke :( for the rest of the game. What made it worse that saving Stroud had nothing to with saving Grey Wardens, I mean it did not matter. I felt stupid for killing of my 40+ hours spent main character from DA2. So in my play-trough I saved Hawke. And will keep doing so :P

I left Stroud behind, I had no attachments to him (Hawke was essentially me xD) and he was a Warden, he paid for the mistakes the Wardens did, so I didn't have to exile them. Also people mentioning Loghain? Interesting, I killed him off in the first game :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd heard this choice was going to happen before I got there but assumed it was a case of only being able to save one rather than having to sacrifice someone. The whole time through the fade I was thinking: "Can't leave my Hawke, going to save her. Stroud's pretty much just a random guy in my timeline anyway, I've never interacted with him much, no attachment, easy choice". Then I got to the point and she HAD to give a noble speech, it was just so like her and I was like "dammit, if I still had your controller we'd be charging that thing right now... Bollocks! Fine, go be the hero. You always do". Then felt really bad about it afterwards, especially when Varric mentioned having to right letters to my old companions and love.

• 4 weeks later...