F1 2015 Season Discussion

Greenguy81

Well the 1st test is out the way, the next test is next week.  So I thought it's time for the new season discussion thread.  B)

Jerez testing has come up with a few things of note.  Ferrari appear to have upped their game considerably, Red Bull must have some great new bodywork that they are hiding under that Camo livery.  McLaren and Honda, with an amazing driver lineup, have their work cut out for them to get reliable and Sauber look like they could actually score some points this year.

Mercedes look to be out in front once again however, with Williams probably not to far behind.  (If at all behind) Force India still haven't shown up at any testing and won't confirm if they will do ANY testing finally Marussia / Manor Racing will hopefully get back on the grid for Melbourne.

What's everyone's view of testing so far and the coming season.

I'll just leave you with a picture of THAT Red Bull livery  :P

Red-Bull-RB11.jpg

• Like 1

Sauber and Ferrari look very fast but Sauber running out of fuel implies that they were both running very low fuel setups when they clocked those times. 

McL, well what can you say about the terrible gremlins their Honda powered charger suffered.  I just hope its fast. Easier to get a fast car reliable than a reliable car fast apparently.

What are the odds on this being 1988 all over again? 2 of the best pilots on the grid, Honda engine and Ron out to prove a point.........

The red bull must be hiding something at the back end as thats the area that seems to be hardest photographed with their funky livery.  Apparently the race livery will be something interesting too.

Merc is going to be interesting.  Lewis in contract negotiations and has split from his mojo.  The last time they broke up he had a terrible time as his head wasnt in the race.  Maybe the time was good for him as its a month to the races.  I have to ask tho - aged 30 - would you turn down Nicole because her wanted a baby? 

I am forty one and I would risk the heartattack.

Tho, if the wife reads this I was only joking love. Honest.

• 3 months later...

All I can say after yesterday's Monaco GP.....

What the hell was the Merc pitwall thinking?

I'm a big LH fan and last weeks race just broke my heart :( how in the world could they do that to him?

Pretty interesting article about that if you're interested. 

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/05/analysis-where-it-all-went-wrong-with-mercedes-pit-call-in-monaco/

Parker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Ferrari and Red Bull, that was one hell of a race! Best race of the season so far, in my opinion. Fantastic for McLaren to have both cars in the points as well, I'm sure Mercedes aren't too happy with the result but Hammy sure saved what could've been an absolutely terrible race for him. 

Parker

I love the way vettel dedicated the win to jules..that was a nice touch.

I enjoyed the race, lewis had a nightmare but somehow increased his lead...what happened to Nico though? Jeez what an opportunity to cut lewis' lead before the summer break.

A Ferrari winning and a chaotic race, not what I imagined would happen after qualifying. Shame Raikkonen had reliability problems otherwise it could very well have been a 1-2.

A look at F1 2017:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/the-2017-f1-car/

Nice to see the return of larger rear wings, was never a fan of the skinny version that was introduced for 2009. The cars will also be longer in length (like pre-2014), with wider rear tyres being used.

I love the way vettel dedicated the win to jules..that was a nice touch.

I enjoyed the race, lewis had a nightmare but somehow increased his lead...what happened to Nico though? Jeez what an opportunity to cut lewis' lead before the summer break.

Yeah, I'm gutted for Kimi, it would've been great to see a Ferrari 1-2. As for Nico, I think he was far too worried about what Lewis was doing instead of racing his own race, his decision to stay on primes instead of options just because Lewis was going on primes was bewildering, even the pit wall said they don't recommend it. With how much faster the soft tire was I think Nico could've taken the race win, if not a podium and avoided the contact with the Red Bull at the end if he changed tire compounds. 

Parker

Hamilton is the best this year he'll win although it'd please me if it were Vettel or Rosberg

Hammy would certainly have to make quite the mess out of the rest of the season to lose out this year, I'd love to see Sebastian take second place though, I can't imagine Lewis losing the lead. 

Parker

Vettel and Rosberg are my favourite but Hamilton is just too strong this year, he makes mistakes from to time but he wins most of the races, he'll be champion this year again

My two favourite are Lewis and Vettel. For some reason I can not stand Rosberg. I will give it to him, when he's good, he good other then that I just don't like him. 

• Like 1

What a crazy race that was, definitely the most interesting of the season so far! Although I was a bit disappointed at the end when Rosberg and Ricciardo came into contact robbing Ricciardo of any chance to win the race (I'm Australian so I support Ricciardo of course).

Hamilton did a great job of rescuing what could've been an absolute disaster of a race for him, I agree with most people here in saying that I think he'll win the championship again this year.

On a side note, how many times did Maldonado get penalised by the end of the race!?

What a crazy race that was, definitely the most interesting of the season so far! Although I was a bit disappointed at the end when Rosberg and Ricciardo came into contact robbing Ricciardo of any chance to win the race (I'm Australian so I support Ricciardo of course).

Hamilton did a great job of rescuing what could've been an absolute disaster of a race for him, I agree with most people here in saying that I think he'll win the championship again this year.

On a side note, how many times did Maldonado get penalised by the end of the race!?

I know right. It seems like Maldonado is behind most of the crashes. To me it looked like he didn't even make am attempt to move for Perez. Unfortunately Maldonado brings a lot of money to Lotus. I would like to see him out of f1. 

I agree, Ricciardo was robbed. I like him as a driver and hope he picks up as many points as possible. 

Definitely Lewis's year again. :)