The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

I'm a little late to the party, oh well, pretty solid stuff thus far though. I'm into a ton of different sub-genres of metal, my favorites being melodic death metal, atmospheric black metal, thrash, and progressive/experimental, although I do detest a few which happen to be nu-metal, screamo, and pop metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aonOW8G_ov8

A grossly underrated melodic death metal band who released one of my favorite albums in the genre which is called Stone's Reach if anyone cares to check it out.

a relatively new band who came through in a big way for melodic death metal with Elements of the Infinite, it dropped this year and is still in my top ten albums of the year

Great atmospheric black metal band.

Can't pigeon hole these guys into any musical genre, not even metal because they throw jazz among other influences in their music, honestly one of the most creative bands i've ever heard

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa
  • Like 1

I'm a little late to the party, oh well, pretty solid stuff thus far though. I'm into a ton of different sub-genres of metal, my favorites being melodic death metal, atmospheric black metal, thrash, and progressive/experimental, although I do detest a few which happen to be nu-metal, screamo, and pop metal.

What on earth is pop metal?!

Could be talking about Post-hardcore (one of my favorites). I'm late here too, so I'll just list off a few genres and then bands to go with them.

Post-hardcore( A Skylit drive, Pierce the veil, Isles & Glaciers)

Metalcore( Issues, ADTR, We came as romans, blessthefall)

Deathcore (Carnifex, Suicide Silence, early BMTH)

Symphonic Death metal (septicflesh, woods of ypres)

That's about it for my genres for the most part, i know mostly newish stuff but i appreciate some good 80's thrash.

I've seen them live. Best gig ever, never had so much fun in my life xD Cant wait to see them again. I absolutely love these guys.

This will be my 3rd time seeing them, I saw them at Download in June.

They broke the newly created 'no breasts on camera rule' by just getting 17 girls on stage who took their tops off!! Hilarious!

I love my metal. My all time favojrites System of A Down, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine. This doesn't include all the rock i love, like Queen and Led Zeppelin.

This will be my 3rd time seeing them, I saw them at Download in June.

They broke the newly created 'no breasts on camera rule' by just getting 17 girls on stage who took their tops off!! Hilarious!

They did the same kind of thing in Finland when I saw them :)

What on earth is pop metal?!

You could call Def Leppard pop metal for examble.

First 2 albums were great, everything they have released since then is rubbish!!

I'm not really going to address this in detail, as many of the newer albums genres are outside of any particular Metal subgenre. Thus, I will just say that I actually liked much of their newer stuff. My tastes are rather varied, so a slight change and touch up here and there is not too bad for me.

I'm not really going to address this in detail, as many of the newer albums genres are outside of any particular Metal subgenre. Thus, I will just say that I actually liked much of their newer stuff. My tastes are rather varied, so a slight change and touch up here and there is not too bad for me.

There are a few good tracks on there 3rd album but they just went all boring and instrumental and it wasn't even guitar based rock instrumental it was all strange noises and jibberish like this atmospheric metal crap!! A slight change is fine but a complete overhaul to try and make yourselves something you aren't to get in the commercial market made them dreadful!!

Also a big fan of first generation death metal

r.i.p Chuck Schuldiner

Canadian legends who are still putting out amazing albums

staple of melodic death metal, it's carcass, need i say any more

Another legendary band, real pioneers of death metal

with spheres, they took death metal to unexplored regions, highly underrated album Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa
  • Like 2