Item Abuse 3: The Finale(The Hardest Kaizo hacked Super Mario World Level) creator finally beats his own Level

DarknessKey92

Am I the only one thinking its not really the same if he created the level?

I mean yes it takes a lot of skill but the reason it would be hard for anyone else is because they need to try guess work to even find all the invisible blocks to get through certain sections.  Seems to defeat the purpose to make an insanely hard level, when you can ge the feeling the reason he made it was to basically to tell the world, "hey guys you know Mario, i'm infinitely better at it than you".  Besides this is more a lesson in bad level design then is platforming skill, a basic requirement for any game you make or level you design is that it can be beaten.  If he couldn't do that then why on earth did he post it up in the first place...

Oh and its a tool assisted speedrun >_>, so he couldn't actually beat the level normally... bravo.

I'll be interested to see if anyone can beat this who isn't him.

EDIT: Apologies if he hadn't actually submitted the level anywhere and this was just a demo of the stage in itself, the rest still stands though.

Edited by Superbuu3

Thanks for posting this, it's just awesome to watch. As a Mario fan I kinda want to take that challenge and try to beat that level myself. Although I'm pretty sure that any attempts made by me would be filled with lots of cursing, and broken stuff from the hours of constant fail before I could come close to finishing.

Am I the only one thinking its not really the same if he created the level?

I mean yes it takes a lot of skill but the reason it would be hard for anyone else is because they need to try guess work to even find all the invisible blocks to get through certain sections.  Seems to defeat the purpose to make an insanely hard level, when you can ge the feeling the reason he made it was to basically to tell the world, "hey guys you know Mario, i'm infinitely better at it than you".  Besides this is more a lesson in bad level design then is platforming skill, a basic requirement for any game you make or level you design is that it can be beaten.  If he couldn't do that then why on earth did he post it up in the first place...

Oh and its a tool assisted speedrun >_>, so he couldn't actually beat the level normally... bravo.

I'll be interested to see if anyone can beat this who isn't him.

PangaeaPanga is a TAS(Tool Assisted) runner, and as you might know; when someone has this system, they can insert inputs "frame by frame" and even rewind them(when they like).

So he designed this level mainly directed @ TAS Speed runners, and not Normal players(since as you can obviously see, it's impossible to perform under Normal means).

Also PangaeaPanga isn't trying to say "hey guys you know Mario, i'm infinitely better at it than you" with this video, he's saying "Here's the level I made & how it works".

This "level" is a challenge to TAS players, and not non-TAS players; since the video clearly shows lots of needed precise "Frame by Frame" approaches(only possible with the system).

This is why it's Posted here & not in the Nintendo Site

Of course someone is gonna beat this, especially since it's trending; drawing in the attention of "I can do better" TAS players, who will "Speed run" challenge his project.

TAS word count: 5...lol

Edited by DarknessKey92

PangaeaPanga is a TAS(Tool Assisted) runner, and as you might know; when someone has this system, they can insert inputs "frame by frame" and even rewind them(when they like).

So he designed this level mainly directed @ TAS Speed runners, and not Normal players(since as you can obviously see, it's impossible to perform under Normal means).

Also PangaeaPanga isn't trying to say "hey guys you know Mario, i'm infinitely better at it than you" with this video, he's saying "Here's the level I made & how it works".

This "level" is a challenge to TAS players, and not non-TAS players; since the video clearly shows lots of needed precise "Frame by Frame" approaches(only possible with the system).

This is why it's Posted here & not in the Nintendo Site

Of course someone is going to beat this, especially since it's trending drawing in the "I can do better" TAS players attention who are gonna "Speed run" challenge his project.

TAS word count: 5...lol

Ah ok thanks for clarifying that.  I guess is pretty cool if thats whats expected.  I'm personally a fan of normal speedruns rather than tool assisted.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying that.  I guess is pretty cool if thats whats expected.  I'm personally a fan of normal speedruns rather than tool assisted.

No problem, I'm a fan of both. 

I started becoming a TAS fan after watching footage like this:

&

Lots of time(more then many would like to admit) goes into inputing(during all these frames), but the end results always show "it was worth it".

It's some very entertaining stuff to watch.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Haha thanks for that, yeah i can see how thats pretty awesome.  Honestly I guess the Mario didn't seem that exciting to me as I've seen those levels which complete themselves and to me tose were kind of cooler then the opening post.  However I get now how its possible to do things you just wouldn't normally see.  Its cool in that way that i'd never want ot do it but the end results can be impressive.