The black and blue dress!

liwenborg

I honestly only heard about this recently. I do not really see the humour behind it.

Its not a joke, people genuinelly see the dress a different colour and it leads to arguments almost instantly.  Example:

Person A: Why is this called the black and blue dress its white and gold this is dumb

B: Uh what do you mean it is blue and black are you just trying to mess with me

A: Of course not its clearly white and gold you're either colour blind or stupid

B: What did you call me?  Just because you can't see a stupid dress colour I'll kill you

A: Not if I kill you first

In years to come we will remember the poor victims of the dress incident.  Obviously thats severely exaggerated, but to say this hasn't pissed off more than a few couples would be an understatement as at some point one of them will say you can stop joking now and the other doesn't, which unsuprisingly drives the other up the wall, because they both genuinely see the colour they say. 

The dumb thing is this isn't new you get this with two tone materials all the time.

Edited by Superbuu3

Its not a joke, people genuinelly see the dress a different colour and it leads to arguments almost instantly.  Example:

Person A: Why is this called the black and blue dress its white and gold this is dumb

B: Uh what do you mean it is blue and black are you just trying to mess with me

A: Of course not its clearly white and gold you're either colour blind or stupid

B: What did you call me?  Just because you can't see a stupid dress colour I'll kill you

A: Not if I kill you first

In years to come we will remember the poor victims of the dress incident.  Obviously thats severely exaggerated, but to say this hasn't pissed off more than a few couples would be an understatement as at some point one of them will say you can stop joking now and the other doesn't, which unsuprisingly drives the other up the wall, because they both genuinely see the colour they say. 

The dumb thing is this isn't new you get this with two tone materials all the time.

"I see blue and you see black. You're stupid because you don't see blue. I'm stupid because I don't see black." basically.

Edited by Nepgear2

"I see blue and you see black. You're stupid because you don't see blue. I'm stupid because I don't see black." basically.

Yeah pretty much.  Obviously the arguments are escalated by people who apparently really care about the colour of things.

Personally I don't see the world through that lens.

It's just a crappy picture with crappy lighting.

At first I saw white/gold, but I figured out it was a matter of focus. My eyes focussed more on the top half of the picture. When I shifted focus to the bottom half of the picture I could see the black/blue.

Which makes sense I suppose. There's a lot more light coming from the top half, so the image is much more distorted there.

Your eyes will just ajust the colors depending on environment. Like this picture

220px-Gradient-optical-illusion.svg.png

(the grey bar in the center is a single color, not a gradient)

• Like 2

How for the love that is sacred, tasty and delicious did a photo that simply has horrid white balancing issues become ubiquitous across the entire fucking internet? Honestly, I'm completely and woefully stumped.

Why any dumb thing does? I used to care, but things have changed.  B)

Edited by le7Samurai
  • Like 1