Old School trophy bugged?

zadorvp

14 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Sorry yes I clarified it for you because your response suggested I needed to dumb it down and simplify it for you. All done and cleared up for you now :-)

No other way for you than to literally dumb things down, yet unintentionally - since intelligence seems to be a foreign concept to you (:

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bit annoyed. I’ve completed the game in around 4 hours via EU disk, EU download, EU PSNow and I’ve just done it again via Canadian digital download... old school hasn’t popped at all. Didn’t think it would with the EU ones, although I had my hopes up for the PS Now edition. But, the Canadian one not giving it is strange as it’s the NA version. I give up. 

On 6.06.2020 at 1:58 AM, turniplord said:

Bit annoyed. I’ve completed the game in around 4 hours via EU disk, EU download, EU PSNow and I’ve just done it again via Canadian digital download... old school hasn’t popped at all. Didn’t think it would with the EU ones, although I had my hopes up for the PS Now edition. But, the Canadian one not giving it is strange as it’s the NA version. I give up. 

Canadian version not working is really strange.. it would be really dumb if only US version was not glitched.. Wonder it anyone can confirm in 2020..

1 hour ago, Kristmas2 said:

Canadian version not working is really strange.. it would be really dumb if only US version was not glitched.. Wonder it anyone can confirm in 2020..

I don’t think I had it set to ‘difficult mode’, so I’m mid-way through another playthrough. I imagine it’ll unlock this time but I’ll update once I finish in a few hours :)

*Update - the trophy worked fine on the Canadian PSN version. I mustn’t have had it on ‘difficult’ the first time I played it. Finally 100% the game and now awaiting Syberia 4...

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So, this is really weird. I have the Eu version and I am sure that old school didn't unlock. Was scouring forums and stuff and finally just gave up. And suddenly it is unlocked. I haven't play that game in almost 2 years and still the unlock states that it was unlocked in June 2020.....

Questioning my sanity so hard right now...

Edited by Pogo_Puschel
I don't know anymore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/2/2021 at 10:33 PM, Pogo_Puschel said:

So, this is really weird. I have the Eu version and I am sure that old school didn't unlock. Was scouring forums and stuff and finally just gave up. And suddenly it is unlocked. I haven't play that game in almost 2 years and still the unlock states that it was unlocked in June 2020.....

Questioning my sanity so hard right now...

I have EU version too, and even if I finished the game on right time it didn't unlock.

Looking at your timestamps, it took almost 4 years since your first playing to unlock it. 

Do you remember what you were doing when you see this trophy pop? You were playing a game or something else? 

• 1 month later...

Hi! I already own the EU version but I have just bought the US version of the game to make sure I can get 100%. However, with the recent missing PS3 patches issue, i'm a bit concernened: both EU and US versions are in V1.00 with no patch available, and the game content has the exact same size for the two versions: 1345 MB. For those who completed the US version (and still have it installed), can you check if you have an updated version of the game?

Edited by Migaellou
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Migaellou said:

Hi! I already own the EU version but I have just bought the US version of the game to make sure I can get 100%. However, with the recent missing PS3 patches issue, i'm a bit concernened: both EU and US versions are in V1.00 with no patch available, and the game content has the exact same size for the two versions: 1345 MB. For those who completed the US version (and still have it installed), can you check if you have an updated version of the game?

Let us know if 100% is possible on this version. I am thinking about buying it, but 15$ is a little too much ?

unlocked perfectly on my first playthough; the counter stops when paused. btw this game was a pain in the ass, i don't even know why I played this garbage.

3 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

Let us know if 100% is possible on this version. I am thinking about buying it, but 15$ is a little too much ?

I guess I have no choice but to test on a dummy account. I cannot take the risk to miss the 100% on my main account. And yeah, 15$ is quite expensive (or rather 16,32 - seriously, what is wrong with you for not displaying prices including taxes??) for such a lazy game port.

1 hour ago, Migaellou said:

I guess I have no choice but to test on a dummy account. I cannot take the risk to miss the 100% on my main account. And yeah, 15$ is quite expensive (or rather 16,32 - seriously, what is wrong with you for not displaying prices including taxes??) for such a lazy game port.

You can set psn account with adress from state where there is no added tax for psn games :) Then the price is 15$.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 7:54 AM, Kristmas2 said:

OK, so I just got the 100% on my test account (https://psnprofiles.com/Tests_miga).

I can confirm that the NA version does not have any patch (it is in V1.00), and the 100% perfectly works on it.

As explained earlier, this EU version bug is totally insane, as both NA and EU package have the exact same size, and both are in V1.00. My guess is that it is the exact same package, which is probably why the studio could never find why this bug occurred on the EU version. It is likely related to the PS region system itself, who knows?

• Like 2

On 5.05.2021 at 0:26 AM, Migaellou said:

OK, so I just got the 100% on my test account (https://psnprofiles.com/Tests_miga).

I can confirm that the NA version does not have any patch (it is in V1.00), and the 100% perfectly works on it.

As explained earlier, this EU version bug is totally insane, as both NA and EU package have the exact same size, and both are in V1.00. My guess is that it is the exact same package, which is probably why the studio could never find why this bug occurred on the EU version. It is likely related to the PS region system itself, who knows?

Thanks man, good to know, now i can buy this insanely overpriced port and get 100%? Too bad there are no PS3 sales anymore..

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, HyenaIscariot said:

Just tryed that stupid tip on how it might be possible to get that trophy.

Did everything like he sayed but nothing popped up

Yeah, it's impossible on am EU copy. But, the EU and NA share a trophy list. So, you can grab the digital NA PS3 version or the physical (if there is one) and once you grab the trophy then your list will show 100%

I bought the NA versions on sale a few years back, before they changed the website. 

It's a shame they never released the two on PS4, the Switch ports are the definitive way to play them these days - loading times are a few seconds at most and the visuals are a full HD

Yeah this is just dumb.

I have send a message to the publisher (i know they won't react)

It's a old game but that should not mean they just can stop caring.

The game is really sloppy on my console.

A bit to much on screen and it jumps from image to image.

Before i stopped gaming (i quit gaming for 13 years) i never expirienced this with my ps2.

So seeing this on a stronger machine. And this bug.

17 minutes ago, HyenaIscariot said:

Yeah this is just dumb.

I have send a message to the publisher (i know they won't react)

It's a old game but that should not mean they just can stop caring.

The game is really sloppy on my console.

A bit to much on screen and it jumps from image to image.

Before i stopped gaming (i quit gaming for 13 years) i never expirienced this with my ps2.

So seeing this on a stronger machine. And this bug.

Even if the devs/publisher wanted to fix this problem, they can't - Sony dropped patch support last Summer for the PS3 and Vita so no new patches can be made for either console.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...