First hyperdimension game?

Not at all.  Think of the Re;Birth series as remakes (but with a better battle system).  The story does vary from the originals a little and you have access to characters not accessible in the original HDN but no previous knowledge is needed.

~In before all the Neps~

Also this is Broccoli.  She is the best character.  Even better than Nep Nep.  I'm sure everyone on this site would agree, nyu.  :angel:

char_103716.jpg

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 4

*cough* Puchiko *cough*

lol Anyway, I think starting out on Re;Birth series would be the good place to start. Don't get me wrong, the original versions are just as fun as well it's just that the Re;Birth games has the same battle system as mk2 and Victory making the gameplay a lot easier. 

• Like 1

You could give the original a chance to get to know NISA and Gust since those 2 will not appear but still belong to Nep universe. And to see the difference between original and ReBirth 1 since that one is and probably will be the most different.

Other than that, as others said, remakes are all you need to understand the story :)

Also this is Broccoli.  She is the best character.  Even better than Nep Nep.  I'm sure everyone on this site would agree, nyu.  :angel:

While Miyuki is godly there, nyu, there's only one Plutia ;)

NEPU?! :o

Since when Puchiko is better than me ... or my superbeloved Nepu-Twinnie?

there, there:

*cough* Puchiko *cough*. 

Or my totally superawesome Plue-Buddy?

*pointing at her*

While Miyuki is godly there, nyu, there's only one Plutia ;)

Buckyyyy-buddyyy! You are such a meanie! ò_ó

And to answer the question: Its like the same answer in all other topics about Vita-games.... No. :P

But you should also play the original series, because they use different jokes.

And Neps is all about jokes. Seriously, its like a parody against the gamingindustry. Hell, the world is even called gamindustri.

... And the storyline was edited... The original was more about consolewar. And the ending... well, Im wondering if they used that new ending for rebirth2... havnt played it yet. ^_^

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

I would actually say give the first one on the PS3 a ring first. I think that game's the best, so I'm biased, but what I like most is the satire is funniest there. That was my biggest problem with Mk. 2 - the game became too engrossed in its characters, to the detriment of the original idea (i.e. worlds which satirize game systems).

• Like 2

Um... how does exactly Ayesha belong to the Neptunia universe...?

She's not even the Atelier Gust-chan represented xD

She doesn't.  We were just saying Hyperdimension Neptunia overshadows other RPGs on the Vita like Atelier Ayesha Plus, which I personally agree to be one of the best RPGs on Vita (despite being a port). ;)

• Like 2

She doesn't.  We were just saying Hyperdimension Neptunia overshadows other RPGs on the Vita like Atelier Ayesha Plus, which I personally agree to be one of the best RPGs on Vita (despite being a port). ;)

Correction: Ayesha is also one of the best JRPGs on the PS3. :P

I wholeheartedly agree. I honestly don't get the hype behind the Neptunia games (other than the moe girls and some dialog) they're average at best, Atelier is much better.

• Like 1

You don't need to play the originals since the re;birth series is a slight remake of the originals, I loved Re;birth 1, the story was very diffrent from the original but it still had the original premise and the gameplay is also an improvement but Re;birth 2 was disappointing to me since it is exactly the same to mk2, but in this situation it is a good thing, that way you get to see what happened in mk2.

• Like 1

Correction: Ayesha is also one of the best JRPGs on the PS3. :P

I wholeheartedly agree. I honestly don't get the hype behind the Neptunia games (other than the moe girls and some dialog) they're average at best, Atelier is much better.

It's the best RPG on both systems.   :awesome:

Yeah, take away the pretty girls and they're pretty average RPGs, sure they're worth buying if you have a Vita but they shouldn't be the top priority purchases like some people here make them out to be.  Top priority should be Atelier.   ;)

• Like 1