Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

Exciting gaming times for me, April is looking EPIC!!

:cross: NOW PLAYING  :cross: 

56c77fba2a8f0.jpg

Dark Souls III (PS4)

I am having one major blast with the game! I have missed the sense of feeling totally lost in the middle of a branching environment in which death could arrive at every corner. The tension when you go on a living streak makes this game an intense and heart-racing experience! So far, I'm doing great, mainly thanks to Bloodborne, since this is my first Dark Souls title ^_^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 2

Exciting gaming times for me, April is looking EPIC!!

:cross: NOW PLAYING  :cross: 

56c77fba2a8f0.jpg

Dark Souls III (PS4)

I am having one major blast with the game! I have missed the sense of feeling totally lost in the middle of a branching environment in which death could arrive at every corner. The tension when you go on a living streak makes this game an intense and heart-racing experience! So far, I'm doing great, mainly thanks to Bloodborne, since this is my first Dark Souls title ^_^

humm, i see someone is taking his lessons, have fun Omar, it's a masterpiece so far, and remember less than 10 what i'll do exactly? Enlight me 

• Like 1

humm, i see someone is taking his lessons, have fun Omar, it's a masterpiece so far, and remember less than 10 what i'll do exactly? Enlight me 

You will burn me down to a crisp, but I'll have to take the risk! Game is a 10 for now, but we'll see how it holds up as my gaming time count rises ^_^ 

Also thank you! I am surprised by how well I'm handling the game considering I'm new to Dark Souls and I'm jumping in all blind, praise Bloodborne for teaching me FROM's way! xD

• Like 2

-snip-

It's looking great pal! I need to go and plat all entries before this one so I can be fully prepared when I get a Ps4 :D Let's have a PvP match when that happens! (hopefully).

When I plat III I'll put down a 1 out of 10 in epicness, just to see how much I can handle Mac's anger before being utterly slaughtered :)

5 bucks the Soul fans will be proud with my death :D

• Like 1

It's looking great pal! I need to go and plat all entries before this one so I can be fully prepared when I get a Ps4 :D Let's have a PvP match when that happens! (hopefully).

When I plat III I'll put down a 1 out of 10 in epicness, just to see how much I can handle Mac's anger before being utterly slaughtered :)

5 bucks the Soul fans will be proud with my death :D

Make sure you do, and you can count on us fighting head to head! I'll spend all of my souls first though, just in case you wreck me xD

If you rate it 1 out of 10, even I'd slaughter you man lol the game is great! But I'll see if there are some flaws worth mentioning in the review I'll write on the site I'm working for, so far everything seems tight and basically spotless, but we'll see ^_^ 

• Like 1

Make sure you do, and you can count on us fighting head to head! I'll spend all of my souls first though, just in case you wreck me xD

If you rate it 1 out of 10, even I'd slaughter you man lol the game is great! But I'll see if there are some flaws worth mentioning in the review I'll write on the site I'm working for, so far everything seems tight and basically spotless, but we'll see ^_^

Ahahahaha I'll be sure to do the same. You know, just in case :P

Well, I appreciate keeping my life so I'm going to retract from my previous decision...for now :) And NICE! I look forward to reading it! Will you include spoilers though?

• Like 1

Ahahahaha I'll be sure to do the same. You know, just in case :P

Well, I appreciate keeping my life so I'm going to retract from my previous decision...for now :) And NICE! I look forward to reading it! Will you include spoilers though?

Review will be spoiler-free. I would never kill anyone's joy by basically ruining surprises or epic moments ^^

Thank you for showing interest! I hope you have fun reading it xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, after a few days of some very intense work, Marcelo and I have finished our Dark Souls III guide and it got approved in the blink of an eye, so it is now available for everyone to see! xD

Dark Souls III Trophy Guide

Marcelo and I worked really hard to build a solid guide that can carry you through all of the game's requirements. We hope you find in our guide a beacon of light amidst the chaos of the lands of Lothric, and we look forward to helping as many people as we can with it! ^_^ 

• Like 2

Ladies and gentlemen, after a few days of some very intense work, Marcelo and I have finished our Dark Souls III guide and it got approved in the blink of an eye, so it is now available for everyone to see! xD

Dark Souls III Trophy Guide

Marcelo and I worked really hard to build a solid guide that can carry you through all of the game's requirements. We hope you find in our guide a beacon of light amidst the chaos of the lands of Lothric, and we look forward to helping as many people as we can with it! ^_^

congrats With you guys Trophy Guide !!! How is the game so far Omar? How go this in Life?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #90 - Dark Souls III

1Laf8bb3.png

The Dark Soul - Acquire all trophies

.Achieved: May 4th, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Very Rare

.Difficulty: 8

.Enjoyment: 10

My first Dark Souls journey ended all good! When I jumped into the game I was worried about it being really hard, but as I played through it, I noticed it wasn't so bad. Maybe I felt that way because I played Bloodborne. Point is this game is outstanding. Attention to detail, soundtrack, immersion, everything clicks! I decided to team up with PSNP regular and good friend Mah2c to write a guide for the game that many of you are already using and that makes me very happy! Feel free to give us feedback to make it the best we can  ^_^

With this being platinum #90, the countdown to the big 100 begins! I can already tell you #91 is going to be Ratchet and Clank, and #92 might very well be Uncharted 4, but we'll see in due time! Looks like Final Fantasy XV will arrive just in time to fit the big slot  xD

• Like 2

:platinum: #91 - Ratchet & Clank

1L78e2ce.png

The Hero of Heroes - Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank

.Achieved: May 8th, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 7

I can't fully express how blown away I was when I first witnessed this game on my TV screen. It looks beautiful on Youtube, yes, but it's even gorgeous when there is no compression involved! Luckily, this game not only looks gorgeous, it also plays smoothly. The weapon roster keeps the fun going and explosions and lots and lots of bolts get tangled on the screen with no fps drop whatsoever. Iconic story moments from the original game are now given more personality through the introduction of new characters that give more depth to everything that unfolds in Ratchet & Clank. It is dead obvious that Insomniac will reimagine the original PS2 trilogy, so I cannot wait to see Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal get this treatment, we are in for some epicness! 

I am now 9 platinum trophies away from 100, and my excitement keeps getting bigger and bigger, I cannot wait!!  xD

• Like 2

:platinum: #90 - Dark Souls III

1Laf8bb3.png

The Dark Soul - Acquire all trophies

.Achieved: May 4th, 2016

.Difficulty: 8

.Enjoyment: 10

My first Dark Souls journey ended all good! When I jumped into the game I was worried about it being really hard, but as I played through it, I noticed it wasn't so bad. Maybe I felt that way because I played Bloodborne. Point is this game is outstanding. Attention to detail, soundtrack, immersion, everything clicks! I decided to team up with PSNP regular and good friend Mah2c to write a guide for the game that many of you are already using and that makes me very happy! Feel free to give us feedback to make it the best we can  ^_^

With this being platinum #90, the countdown to the big 100 begins! I can already tell you #91 is going to be Ratchet and Clank, and #92 might very well be Uncharted 4, but we'll see in due time! Looks like Final Fantasy XV will arrive just in time to fit the big slot  xD

Now we're talking, no more of ohs and ahs and straight to the point. Congratulations again, a masterpiece ( plays abyss watchers OST)

• Like 1

Now we're talking, no more of ohs and ahs and straight to the point. Congratulations again, a masterpiece ( plays abyss watchers OST)

Thanks a lot Marcelo, my soul was dark enough for the task at hand in the end! xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A long, epic journey finally came to an end! 

:platinum: #92 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

1L61febd.png

One Last Time - Collect all the trophies

.Achieved: May 25th, 2016

.Difficulty: 4 (I used in-game modifiers, without them it could be a 6)

.Enjoyment: Over 9000

Uncharted games always manage to pull players right in to the point where you find yourself rushing through the game to see what happens next. This happened yet again in Uncharted 4, and the proof is how my collectible hunting performance slowly went down to straight crap during the last 5 chapters - NO TIME FOR EXPLORATION NOW, WHAT'S NEXT!?!? 

The game is a perfect blend of everything that an action game should have. It is challenging, intense, has epic set pieces, great soundtrack and impecable script and character performance. I could write on it for days, so I'll focus on the trophies. The trophy set is balanced and overarching, with us having to do mostly everything the game has to offer, while also getting a slight taste of the multiplayer modes. I enjoyed most trophies, and they felt like the adequate reward for an epic journey. 

Naughty Dog have their ace on the table now, the race for GOTY is up, same as my race for platinum #100, 8 to go!! ^_^

Edited by Omar

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, it's been a while! I have to explain some things, but first of all, I'd like to state that my Platinum Plateau is back in motion, with updates on platinum achievements as they come. As you all know, this is also a place for trophy discussion and exchanges of ideas so feel free to comment on whatever you like!

With that out of the way, I'll explain what motivated my long hiatus away from the forums. Back in May this year, I found myself dealing with a big amount of changes in my life and coping with it all was difficult. As my workload and amount of things to keep in mind increased, my willingness to celebrate free time went down, to the point where I couldn't enjoy catching a break. 

I have been gaming throughout these months, but I have done so in a very disengaged way, as shown by the dramatic decrease in my trophy earning speed. Motivation to lay back and enjoy was simply not there and I have been putting lots of pressure on myself for months now. But you know what? I think I'm ready to take things more easily and I have actually been doing so for a few weeks now. I have been very careful about announcing a comeback just in case I would get cold feet last minute and peace out again, but I'm good to come back and enjoy the community

Those of you who have been around for a long time now as I have know how much trophy hunting means to me and they also know the effort put into this Platinum Plateau of mine. All I can say is that I am humbled to be back and that I am looking forward to chatting with you all around the forums! I'll break down how I operate here, for the record:

I add updates on the platinum trophies I achieve and on the games I'm playing at the moment. I post the updates on the thread as they happen and then update the corresponding sections of the original post with up-to-date info (NOW PLAYING and THE PLATS sections in the first post of the Plateau).

In addition to that, I always tackle yearly goals and this year is no different, behold the goals I have set for 2017

Goals For 2017

-PSN Level: 32-00% (Currently 28-01%)

-Platinum Count: 130 (Currently 104)

-World Leaderboard Ranking: #9,000 (Currently 17,801)

-Country Leaderboard Ranking: #350 (Currently 671)

-Completion Rate: Peak at > 93% (Peak at 92.30% - Currently 90.83%)

Once again, I'm happy to be back and I hope to see you enjoy my platinum journey! The checklist is currently recorded up until where I stopped months back (Platinum 91/104) but I will put it up to speed over the coming days. 

Here's what I'm playing now! 

rise-of-the-tomb-raider.jpg?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

03031014663030-t400x200.jpg

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Lastly, if you want to get notifications on when I update the checklist or on how the discussion rolls, feel free to follow the topic and you won't miss anything. Let's get to it! xD

• Like 2

A new journey begins NOW! Now playing....

stardew-valley-1.jpg?w=400&h=200&crop=1

Stardew Valley (PS4)

I have been looking forward to trying this one for quite some time now, I'm really glad it's now out on PS4!! 

Also, platinum trophies 92-95 have been added to the checklist! I will put the plateau up to speed during the upcoming weekend most likely, only 9 platinums behind now so almost there! xD                                                                                        

#92 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

1L61febd.png

One Last Time - Collect all the trophies

.Achieved: May 25th, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 4 (I used in-game modifiers, without them it could be a 6)

.Enjoyment: Over 9000

Uncharted games always manage to pull players right in to the point where you find yourself rushing through the game to see what happens next. This happened yet again in Uncharted 4, and the proof is how my collectible hunting performance slowly went down to straight crap during the last 5 chapters - NO TIME FOR EXPLORATION NOW, WHAT'S NEXT!?!?

The game is a perfect blend of everything that an action game should have. It is challenging, intense, has epic set pieces, great soundtrack and impecable script and character performance. I could write on it for days, so I'll focus on the trophies. The trophy set is balanced and overarching, with us having to do mostly everything the game has to offer, while also getting a slight taste of the multiplayer modes. I enjoyed most trophies, and they felt like the adequate reward for an epic journey.

#93 - Dark Cloud

1Lf16eae.png

Dungeon Master – Collect all of the other trophies

.Achieved: June 2nd, 2016

.PSNP’s RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 8

I remember the first time I played Dark Cloud was on a PS2 demo disc that brought several demos in it. The game enchanted me but I never fully played it until it released on PS4! Going through the whole thing was absolutely enchanting and for the life of me I can’t understand why this cool formula stopped at Dark Cloud 2. I hope the series kicks back into life at some point, the game is great and the trophy set felt satisfying too.

#94 - Persona 4: Dancing All Night

1L393507.png

Dancing all night – Obtained all trophies

.Achieved: July 11th, 2016

.PSNP’s RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 3

.Enjoyment: 7

I had been craving a rhythm game for quite a while when this one got on a sale and I simply couldn’t resist! I loved Persona 4 Golden and it was my entry point in the series so I decided to expand on it and this game is lots of fun! Although the story drags heavily and it pulls some undesirable tricks like block structure (certain segments repeating themselves pattern-wise), the gameplay is super catchy and it can range from really easy to insanely hard! In terms of trophies, not much difficulty is demanded so it’s a fairly easy set.

#95 - Tales of Zestiria

1L780863.png

Master of Zestiria – This is proof that you’ve obtained all trophies.
                                                    We’re thrilled you like the game so much, and we hope to meet you again in future titles!

.Achieved: July 11th, 2016

.PSNP’s RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 7

When I jumped into this Tales of (quite later after release than usual for me and Tales games) I wasn’t ready for the heavenly soundtrack that was ahead of me, easily best OST in the series! Other than that, the trophy set is long, tedious, grindy and demands some skill at parts but I prevailed through it all and the whole journey was not bad a all!

• Like 1

I am extremely happy to say that my Platinum Plateau is now up to date!! :yay::yay: 

I have really missed having this platform to discuss trophies with whoever wants to stop by and I hope I can keep it going untill I fill the 200 plats that would fit into the first post and beyond! 

To make it all go full circle, here's my latest :platinum: 

#104 – Rayman Legends

1Le0c262.png

Legendary - Win all the trophies in the game!

.Achieved: December 1st, 2016

.PSNP’s RS: Very Rare

.Difficulty: 7

.Enjoyment: 9

This one was crazy! I had been told that the grind for this game was insufferable, but heck, I HAD A BLAST! Once I dealt with everything having to do with the main game, I would play a bit every day to score in challenges and slowly rack up points. Over time, I got extremely good at one kind and would mostly attain only Diamong cups there so my grind was eventually ¼ of what it should have taken. Certainly a fun, catchy game that also improved my reflexes forever xD

To show you how engaged I got into the game, here's me earning one of the many Diamond Cups I got in challenges ^^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new platinum joins the plateau! :platinum: 

#105 - Rise of the Tomb Raider

1L440ad2.png

Platinum - You unlocked every trophy in the game

.Achieved: December 27th, 2016

.Difficulty: 4

At long last, I got this one done! I jumped into RotTR without expecting the amount of content it actually has, from game modes to DLC additions. I may have hit platinum, but some of the DLC trophies are still unearned so there's work to do! When it comes to the base game, RotTR takes a step up above its predecessor in every way, and gives PSOne TR vibes if played without any in-game assistance. I deactivated Survival Instinct and objective markers to enhance exploration and it worked wonders. That, together with Survivor difficulty made for a well-rounded experience! Some Score Attack levels were a bit annoying but other than that, I had a blast xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omar said:

A new platinum joins the plateau! :platinum: 

#105 - Rise of the Tomb Raider

1L440ad2.png

Platinum - You unlocked every trophy in the game

.Achieved: December 27th, 2016

.Difficulty: 4

At long last, I got this one done! I jumped into RotTR without expecting the amount of content it actually has, from game modes to DLC additions. I may have hit platinum, but some of the DLC trophies are still unearned so there's work to do! When it comes to the base game, RotTR takes a step up above its predecessor in every way, and gives PSOne TR vibes if played without any in-game assistance. I deactivated Survival Instinct and objective markers to enhance exploration and it worked wonders. That, together with Survivor difficulty made for a well-rounded experience! Some Score Attack levels were a bit annoying but other than that, I had a blast xD

Glad you enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's one of those games I've been meaning to pick up =). It sounds like a blast though, probably play it, once I buy and beat the definitive edition. I played some of the earlier Tomb Raider games, so I kinda know what vibes you're talking about. I didn't have a super-fun experience with PS1 Lara, my memory is actually a bit fuzzy on the game as a whole...Except humorously shooting the butler and locking him in the Freezer, in the training level. If they ever decide to do a complete remake of that Tomb Raider series, they should make that a trophy XD.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Glad you enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's one of those games I've been meaning to pick up =). It sounds like a blast though, probably play it, once I buy and beat the definitive edition. I played some of the earlier Tomb Raider games, so I kinda know what vibes you're talking about. I didn't have a super-fun experience with PS1 Lara, my memory is actually a bit fuzzy on the game as a whole...Except humorously shooting the butler and locking him in the Freezer, in the training level. If they ever decide to do a complete remake of that Tomb Raider series, they should make that a trophy XD.

Thank you! The game is certainly worth your time :D PS1 TR games are still best in my opinion in terms of exploration. Of course, technology allows for better visuals and also storytelling, but they still haven't nailed the exploration vibe of those days (TRII remains as my personal peak of the series). As for the butler in the freezer, there is a lovely reference to it in RotTR, made me laugh xD 

• 4 weeks later...

New gaming goodness has happened! ^_^ 

New 100% - A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

22141128631353.jpg?w=600

Despite it being a small game serving as a pre-order bonus, there is more depth than you would expect in it! Each enemy has a particular approach for max efficiency and the challenges are moderately intricate. It is predictably short but I had a good time throughout! 

#106 – World of Final Fantasy

1L7b3d36.png

True Grymoirian - Obtained every trophy.

.Achieved: January 24th, 2017

.PSNP’s RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 3

I am so happy about this one! Back in October I bought this game at launch and I fell in love with it instantly, but about 2 weeks after that I got my PS4 Pro and the game looked blurry in it so I had to put it on hold until they fixed it. Everything in this game exceeded my expectations: the gameplay, the depth, the art direction, THE MUSIC……it’s all there! I’m really glad I gave it a shot and I hope the formula gets further explored because I see great potential! It could have used some greater degree of challenge and the leveling curve gets a tad steeper than it should during the last 20 levels but I still had a blast from the beginning until the clock struck platinum, 80 hours in xD 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SPangolin said:

Very nice my friend! Any tips for a newbie just getting started?

Thank you for the nice words and for stopping by! 

The only thing I can advise you is to never put trophy earning on top of your willingness to play a game. Always play what you love and that'll make you grow as a trophy hunter while having fun. There's no need for you to endure games you aren't interested in simply to get some easy trophies, which some people do. Focus on the fun and you'll be off to a great ride xD 

• 2 weeks later...

I bring lots and lots of gaming goodness!! ^_^ 

#107 – Thumper

1L1cf012.png

All S Rank – Get S Rank on all levels

.Achieved: January 28th, 2017

.PSNP’s RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 8

.Enjoyment: 9

I was craving a difficult game, something that could test my gaming skills to a degree. That’s when I found out about this one and decided to give it a go…….I must admit it gave me exactly what I needed. First and foremost, if by any chance you are not good at rhythm games, do yourself a favor and don’t play this game xD

On the contrary, if you have a knack for them or if you simply enjoy them, this will be your cup of tea. The concept behind it is intense rhythm with an undertone of horror. Backgrounds will twist and turn with different distractions to keep your eyes away from where they should be. Music will make you feel threatened all the way and the learning curve is not a curve, but a series of significant difficulty leaps that can be off-putting at first but which become satisfying as you overcome them.

I am really glad I got it done because I’m adding quite a rare platinum trophy to my collection, and I totally recommend it if you are looking for something both intense and complicated!

Aside from a plat, there's a new 100% fresh out of the trophy oven! 

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage

31712_42a6dbbd_148131321087_600_300.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 was included in 2.8 to give us a taste of the Kingdom Shader, new visual aspect for the KH series that will be fully showcased by KH3 when it releases sometime next year. Kingdom Hearts has never looked this good! Fluid movement, combat and animations from both enemies and Aqua, all surrounded by wonderful visuals, colorful effects and spells and little touches that make KH look more Disney than ever. I for one welcome the change and I now can't wait for KH3 to bless us all xD 

Here you also have the first of the few boss fights I'll be able to upload on Youtube (some are Share blocked due to spoilers) so enjoy if you feel like watching, it's Critical Mode :D

Edited by Omar

• 2 weeks later...

I bring very exciting news! First of all, I have joined the team at BigBossBattle as News Editor and I'm already writing as a team member! Those who know me know that I love gaming journalism and being a part of it feels great. I still remain at GearSiege as well but the team there is busy so the site is undergoing hiatus. When it's back, you'll be able to read me on both (hopefully xD)

Second, there's this! 

#108 – The Witness

1L3eb5ea.png

Platinum – Get every trophy.

.Achieved: February 8th, 2017

.PSNP’s RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 7 (No guide)

.Enjoyment: 8

Ever since this games came out, I was beyond ready to put my brain to the test. I wasn’t, though, ready to pay 40 bucks for it, so I diligently waited for a sale. The game was every bit as good as I envisioned it, with puzzles starting out slow and then becoming increasingly intricate. When different patterns and mechanics got tangled up, I spent up to several minutes trying to decipher the solution for some of the puzzles. Luckily, my brain always prevailed.

When I started playing The Witness, I took it as a personal challenge to go all the way from zero to platinum without using a guide. I can happily report that I succeeded (taking 3 hours to do the last part but I DID IT).

Now, what makes me the proudest is The Challenge, which is a series of 15 puzzles that must be solved during the time a music box plays (6.5 minutes) and each run has randomly generated puzzles. Among the hazards, there’s a maze, fake puzzles which lead to no solution and cylindrical puzzles that can be hard to visualize. Getting that done (in the nick of time!) made me feel really proud of my brain and of this platinum! Quite a shame that there used to be a glitch that made it much easier, otherwise this plat would be quite a lot rarer xD 

Here you have my run of The Challenge ^_^