Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

Good collection sir ;) that banner is just amazing, probably the best i've seen so far.

Wow thank you!! That is a huge compliment seeing the amazing banners around here, I owe it to Floriiss' undisputable talent xD

I hope you stop by every now and then, you're always welcome :D

In other news, the wait for Life is Strange's season finale is tough, but I have to find the way to soothe it. I am playing again through the first 4 episodes during my night gaming time, but I need something to play during the rest of the day, and I found the perfect title! 

:cross: NOW PLAYING  :cross: 

c4aba5b9d3fafc1967fb4ef11c9f7deb_small.j

Life is Strange (PS4)

748.jpg

God of War II (PS Vita)

Back in June 2014, when I got my Vita, I did so bundled with the GoW Collection, and the second game in it is still waiting to be played, so it's time to change that! Tons of gaming ahead of me!! And stay tuned, as I am about to fulfill the final 2 yearly goals I set up back in December 2014 :awesome:

• Like 2

I bring a big update today!! Yesterday was a pretty amazing day for my gaming progress xD

:platinum: #70 - Life is Strange

b9ISkFZ.png

What if? - Unlock all other trophies from Life is Strange              

.Achieved: October 20th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 1

.Enjoyment: 9

At last we have arrived to the conclusion of this amazing story!! I jumped on board back when Episode 1 released and I have been following episodic releases ever since. I don't want to spoil much but, all things considered, this game is a contender for GOTY 2015 (both on my eyes and the critics'). It started off a bit slow but managed to consistently outdo itself with each episode release, handling the pace of the story and the flaws the original episode had wonderfully. I really hope people decide to play the whole thing now that it's all out, but I will add that it won't be as epic and hype-inducing as following all these months has been, watching trailers, getting my jaw to drop and having my mind bursting with theories between episode releases, etc.....

The mechanics are fun and smartly implemented into the narrative and the final episode excels particularly at this, providing what I call "the greatest mindfuck this gaming gen has seen thus far"  xD

All in all, a really outstanding work of art that is undoubtedly getting a second season, so whoever isn't acquainted with Max Caulfield should do so ASAP!!

:platinum: #71 - Teslagrad

1L47879f.png

Full Completion - Find all 36 scrolls in the game

.PSNP's RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 7

I got into this game knowing that it was a very easy and achievable platinum, but I was not expecting such smart puzzles and interesting platforming!! Yes, there is little to do in Teslagrad, but it is fun, and it makes you think as well. Some puzzles were very clever and I barely felt annoyed, excluding a few tricky parts. Dying in one hit allows no room for error, so some tough spots can get annoying after dying a number of times. However, the satisfaction upon clearing the tricky puzzles makes up for that. I am a bit bummed because there is literally no trophy for beating the final boss, but it was fun to do regardless  :D

:platinum: #72 - Broken Age

1Laf72a5.png

3.3 - Unlock all Broken Age trophies

.PSNP's RS: Very Rare

This game started off a bit slow for me and I wasn't quite enjoying it, but soon the story and the difficulty took off and the whole thing got much more enjoyable. Both characters have interesting plots, won't spoil much but the turning point between Act I and II makes for an interesting dynamic. What made this trophy list more enticing was the speedrun trophy, which turned out to be tons of fun! The art direction and voice acting in the game are simply stellar, even if it's a point and click game after all, so gameplay is lacking in variety. Overall the experience was fun  xD

With all that out of the way, I can now focus on GoW2, Vita tiiiiime!! :awesome:

• Like 2

I bring a big update today!! Yesterday was a pretty amazing day for my gaming progress xD

b9ISkFZ.png

At last we have arrived to the conclusion of this amazing story!! I jumped on board back when Episode 1 released and I have been following episodic releases ever since. I don't want to spoil much but, all things considered, this game is a contender for GOTY 2015 (both on my eyes and the critics'). It started off a bit slow but managed to consistently outdo itself with each episode release, handling the pace of the story and the flaws the original episode had wonderfully. I really hope people decide to play the whole thing now that it's all out, but I will add that it won't be as epic and hype-inducing as following all these months has been, watching trailers, getting my jaw to drop and having my mind bursting with theories between episode releases, etc.....

The mechanics are fun and smartly implemented into the narrative and the final episode excels particularly at this, providing what I call "the greatest mindfuck this gaming gen has seen thus far"  xD

All in all, a really outstanding work of art that is undoubtedly getting a second season, so whoever isn't acquainted with Max Caulfield should do so ASAP!!

1L47879f.png

I got into this game knowing that it was a very easy and achievable platinum, but I was not expecting such smart puzzles and interesting platforming!! Yes, there is little to do in Teslagrad, but it is fun, and it makes you think as well. Some puzzles were very clever and I barely felt annoyed, excluding a few tricky parts. Dying in one hit allows no room for error, so some tough spots can get annoying after dying a number of times. However, the satisfaction upon clearing the tricky puzzles makes up for that. I am a bit bummed because there is literally no trophy for beating the final boss, but it was fun to do regardless  :D

1Laf72a5.png

This game started off a bit slow for me and I wasn't quite enjoying it, but soon the story and the difficulty took off and the whole thing got much more enjoyable. Both characters have interesting plots, won't spoil much but the turning point between Act I and II makes for an interesting dynamic. What made this trophy list more enticing was the speedrun trophy, which turned out to be tons of fun! The art direction and voice acting in the game are simply stellar, even if it's a point and click game after all, so gameplay is lacking in variety. Overall the experience was fun  xD

With all that out of the way, I can now focus on GoW2, Vita tiiiiime!! :awesome:

Need to say anything? This post alone speaks for itself :D congratulations again my friend

As for me, I need new platinums too, my radiant garden is almost withered

• Like 2

Need to say anything? This post alone speaks for itself :D congratulations again my friend

As for me, I need new platinums too, my radiant garden is almost withered

Thank you Marcelo xD 

Your garden is too radiant as it is!! If you make it shine more I am legitimately going to go blind from staring hahahaha we all have droughts, then we come back kicking, so I am expecting a radiance boost soon, not even worried ^^

Not sure if I posted here before or not, if I have then it doesn't hurt to say nice list twice, if I haven't then I've been meaning to as I've been following it since this thread started. xD

You've got a really nice list there and out of the 72 plats (so far) a lot of them are ones that I don't have the willpower/skill to get myself lol.

• Like 1

b9ISkFZ.png

1L47879f.png

1Laf72a5.png

congratulations  with your 3 new plats Omar !!! Wow 3 great plats in your collection , damn i working so hard catch up with you :) I got 4 plats this month :)

Good luck with GoW2 !! :)

• Like 1

Not sure if I posted here before or not, if I have then it doesn't hurt to say nice list twice, if I haven't then I've been meaning to as I've been following it since this thread started. xD

You've got a really nice list there and out of the 72 plats (so far) a lot of them are ones that I don't have the willpower/skill to get myself lol.

Whether you're new or long-time poster here, you are more than welcome! Thanks for the kind words, there has definitely been some commitment and hard work behind some of these plats, especially those I earned this year, I looked at my 2015 plat list and I was like WOW, I did all of this?!? xD it really feels great ^^

congratulations  with your 3 new plats Omar !!! Wow 3 great plats in your collection , damn i working so hard catch up with you :) I got 4 plats this month :)

Good luck with GoW2 !! :)

Thank you Cassi, our stats are fairly similar actually!! You are having an amazing trophy hunting pace, so I wouldn't be surprised if you took over in a blink hahahaha 

How about we both do our best, enjoy along the road and keep growing? Sounds like a great plan to me :D

• Like 1

I bring a bunch of stuff today, I am so excited!! 

:platinum: #73 - God of War II HD (PS Vita)

1L44ebd7.png

Trophy of Gaia - Unlock all God of War II trophies

.Achieved: October 24th, 2015

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 8

And I'm back to the franchise whose protagonist screams instead of talking and still manages to sound badass!! The GoW HD Collection was literally my first Vita title (bundled with the console) and while I dealt with the first installment long time ago, this one was still left to play so it was about time! The excitement for me was extra this time because I had never played GoW2 on PS2 or PS3 before. The puzzles were still satisfying, the combat felt great and the mechanics are as usual properly implemented. There is some epicness to these games that really makes you feel like a damn god during the climactic moments. The story is a bit non-existent excluding the overarching plot (things come out of nowhere for no reason, etc...) but the story was good enough to keep me hooked. Trophies were a bit lacking in ambition, I'd say, but the Challenge of the Titans makes the whole list at least a bit challenging (still doable within a reasonable amount of attempts if you know what you are doing). After enjoying this one, I really need to play GoW3 before GoW4 drops (I still have quite a while lol) 

I am extremely happy because this is my 6th platinum trophy this month, something insane for me!! I don't think I've ever obtained that many plats in a month xD

There is yet another reason to celebrate today, my yearly goals have been all conquered!! 

B) Yearly Goals   B)

Goals For 2015

-PSN Level: 22-93% [Goal Accomplished]

-Platinum Count: 73 [Goal Accomplished]

-Country Leaderboard Ranking: #1128 [Goal Accomplished]

-World Leaderboard Ranking: #28,870 [Goal Accomplished]

-Completion Rate: > 82% [bronze Tier Completed] 85% [silver Tier Completed] > 90% (Currently 88.35% - 01.65% left)

-Average Rarity: < 50% [bronze Tier Completed] < 40% (Currently 40.93% - 03.93% left)

I had to use different tiers in completion and average rarity because I fulfilled those waaay too early into 2015 so I wanted to keep myself on edge, having completed the first tier is enough for me ^^

I am particularly proud of my leaderboard standings, I was waaaaay lower at the beginning of the year and I made huge progress :D

And now that GoW2 has been aced, it's time for me to return to a game whose plat I want!! Whether I get it or not is nothing but a matter of endurance lol

tos.jpg

Tales of Symphonia HD    

I'm gonna jump the gun and congratulate you on your GOW II HD (vita) plat  _(^___^)b

Hahahaha thank you my friend!! That's what I call effiiciency :D

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3

I bring a bunch of stuff today, I am so excited!! 

:platinum: #73 - God of War II HD (PS Vita)

1L44ebd7.png

Trophy of Gaia - Unlock all God of War II trophies

.Achieved: October 24th, 2015

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 8

And I'm back to the franchise whose protagonist screams instead of talking and still manages to sound badass!! The GoW HD Collection was literally my first Vita title (bundled with the console) and while I dealt with the first installment long time ago, this one was still left to play so it was about time! The excitement for me was extra this time because I had never played GoW2 on PS2 or PS3 before. The puzzles were still satisfying, the combat felt great and the mechanics are as usual properly implemented. There is some epicness to these games that really makes you feel like a damn god during the climactic moments. The story is a bit non-existent excluding the overarching plot (things come out of nowhere for no reason, etc...) but the story was good enough to keep me hooked. Trophies were a bit lacking in ambition, I'd say, but the Challenge of the Titans makes the whole list at least a bit challenging (still doable within a reasonable amount of attempts if you know what you are doing). After enjoying this one, I really need to play GoW3 before GoW4 drops (I still have quite a while lol) 

I am extremely happy because this is my 6th platinum trophy this month, something insane for me!! I don't think I've ever obtained that many plats in a month xD

There is yet another reason to celebrate today, my yearly goals have been all conquered!!             

Congrats with you new plat Omar!!! You are on fire this month 

2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

• Like 1

Congrats my friend!

Kratos approves :D

Hahahaha thanks my friend! Poor Kratos isn't even in the picture I chose for my Now Playing section, but I still think he is badass xD

Congrats on your latest platinums! 

Thank you! And thanks for stopping by ^^

Congratulations my friend :D wow, such a Amazing month xD

Thank you!! I actually can't believe it happened, I wasn't really planning to go all out but it came like this so I won't complain lol

Congrats with you new plat Omar!!! You are on fire this month 

2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

Hahahahaha that picture is awesome!! Thank you Cassi, my Turbo Mode gets disengaged now as I embark on a huge grind xD

• Like 1

Killin it dude, grats on all your plats this month! Did you ever have trouble with the vita trophies popping in GoW 2? You may have known about it before hand or maybe didnt experience any troubles at all but I still havent gone back after getting halfway through 2 playthroughs and having trouble with them unlocking -_-

• Like 1

Killin it dude, grats on all your plats this month! Did you ever have trouble with the vita trophies popping in GoW 2? You may have known about it before hand or maybe didnt experience any troubles at all but I still havent gone back after getting halfway through 2 playthroughs and having trouble with them unlocking -_-

Thank you mate! I have had no issues whatsoever, every trophy has popped in the right place. Of course, you warned me about the Home button and I never pressed it so that may have helped. Also, I did all the Boss Batch 3 bosses in one sitting, which was recommended by many people. I used all 10 save slots sequentially to be able to pick a recent spot up if story trophies stopped popping, but everything came to me in the right moments, you should get back to it someday, game's 10-ish hours long :D

• Like 1

Thank you mate! I have had no issues whatsoever, every trophy has popped in the right place. Of course, you warned me about the Home button and I never pressed it so that may have helped. Also, I did all the Boss Batch 3 bosses in one sitting, which was recommended by many people. I used all 10 save slots sequentially to be able to pick a recent spot up if story trophies stopped popping, but everything came to me in the right moments, you should get back to it someday, game's 10-ish hours long :D

Good to hear it man, I'll definitely go back one day. Its the only GoW plat I dont have -_-

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I AM BACK, AND I BRING BIG NEWS!!  :awesome:

:platinum: #74 - Driveclub Bikes

1Lc23076.png     

Super Biker - Unlock all other trophies

.Achieved: November 29th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 5

I have been very vocal about how Driveclub is one of the best PS4 games in the current picture. Bikes does nothing but strengthening my words. From the moment you start driving, it feels like an entirely different experience. I had to learn how to control the bike from the get go, and the skill gathered with Driveclub Cars was of no use. The bright side is that Driveclub knows how to make its gameplay fun and entertaining, so learning and going through the trophy list was super enjoyable. With more content promised to come in the near future, I can say out loud that the whole Driveclub package is solid in terms of graphics, sound, gameplay, challenge, fun......and the list goes on! Now, I hope they keep pushing content for Bikes and give the Cars a break, I tried driving with a car after mastering the bikes and it was CHAOS  xD

:platinum: #75 - Tales of Symphonia HD

1L414a5e.png

Symphonia Master - You have obtained all trophies. You have mastered Symphonia!

.Difficulty: 8

When I reached 50 platinums I created a trend accidentally. I chose Tales of Xillia 2 to be my 50th platinum trophy because of the horrid grind I had to go through to get it. Then I found out the first Xillia game was my 25th!! As the plats have rolled in, I decided to give Symphonia the honor of becoming my 75th so that I could have all 3 showing up on my profile's milestones. That day has now arrived!

Tales of Symphonia is one of the best JRPGs ever made, that much is fact. You may love it or hate it, but the content, the characterization, art direction, soundtrack, GAMEPLAY are all top-notch. However, a great game gets once again hurt by pointless trophy requirements that force you to go through a game WHOSE CUTSCENES CANNOT BE SKIPPED (this sounds better than it actually feels) FOUR TIMES AT LEAST. Understandably, I ended up learning about 80% of the script by heart  xD

Even with the four runs, Symphonia's gameplay is too catchy to bore, so I had tons of fun and cycled through different characters to spice things up, so it was on the whole a great run and one I'm proud of. Answering the obvious question, I don't think I'll give platinum #100 to a tales of game, that's an honor Final Fantasy XV will get if it ever comes out lol

With ToS I also had the chance to take part on my very first "Let's play" event and I'm having tons of fun!! I may have aced the trophies, but I'm sticking around until the end of the let's play along with everybody else   ^_^

At long last I have made it to 75 platinum trophies!! With these, I also soar up to 29 plats obtained this year, so reaching 100 plats in 2016 is within my grasp now  :yay:

2u8gmrd.jpg

Bloodborne - The Old Hunters        

I am thrilled to be back to my GOTY choice for 2015!! I'm in for some new bosses and weapons and lots and lots of dying, so I'm all good! xD                                                                          

• Like 3

1Lc23076.png     

I have been very vocal about how Driveclub is one of the best PS4 games in the current picture. Bikes does nothing but strengthening my words. From the moment you start driving, it feels like an entirely different experience. I had to learn how to control the bike from the get go, and the skill gathered with Driveclub Cars was of no use. The bright side is that Driveclub knows how to make its gameplay fun and entertaining, so learning and going through the trophy list was super enjoyable. With more content promised to come in the near future, I can say out loud that the whole Driveclub package is solid in terms of graphics, sound, gameplay, challenge, fun......and the list goes on! Now, I hope they keep pushing content for Bikes and give the Cars a break, I tried driving with a car after mastering the bikes and it was CHAOS  xD

1L414a5e.png

When I reached 50 platinums I created a trend accidentally. I chose Tales of Xillia 2 to be my 50th platinum trophy because of the horrid grind I had to go through to get it. Then I found out the first Xillia game was my 25th!! As the plats have rolled in, I decided to give Symphonia the honor of becoming my 75th so that I could have all 3 showing up on my profile's milestones. That day has now arrived!

Tales of Symphonia is one of the best JRPGs ever made, that much is fact. You may love it or hate it, but the content, the characterization, art direction, soundtrack, GAMEPLAY are all top-notch. However, a great game gets once again hurt by pointless trophy requirements that force you to go through a game WHOSE CUTSCENES CANNOT BE SKIPPED (this sounds better than it actually feels) FOUR TIMES AT LEAST. Understandably, I ended up learning about 80% of the script by heart  xD

Even with the four runs, Symphonia's gameplay is too catchy to bore, so I had tons of fun and cycled through different characters to spice things up, so it was on the whole a great run and one I'm proud of. Answering the obvious question, I don't think I'll give platinum #100 to a tales of game, that's an honor Final Fantasy XV will get if it ever comes out lol

With ToS I also had the chance to take part on my very first "Let's play" event and I'm having tons of fun!! I may have aced the trophies, but I'm sticking around until the end of the let's play along with everybody else   ^_^

At long last I have made it to 75 platinum trophies!! With these, I also soar up to 29 plats obtained this year, so reaching 100 plats in 2016 is within my grasp now  :yay:

2u8gmrd.jpg

I am thrilled to be back to my GOTY choice for 2015!! I'm in for some new bosses and weapons and lots and lots of dying, so I'm all good! xD                                                                          

Congrats with your 2 plats !!! Wow and Tales of Symphonia HD for your 75 Trophy Milestones i can only say This!!

tumblr_inline_nt5t5is4GH1t1ff77_500.gif

• Like 2

Congrats with your 2 plats !!! Wow and Tales of Symphonia HD for your 75 Trophy Milestones i can only say This!!

tumblr_inline_nt5t5is4GH1t1ff77_500.gif

Hahahaha thank you Cassi, that was exactly my face when I got the plat for ToS, so much work behind it made it feel endlessly rewarding xD
  • Like 1

1Lc23076.png     

1L414a5e.png

2u8gmrd.jpg

Congrats (again lol) on reaching 75 plats. Now on to the 100! :platinum::yay:

• Like 2

1Lc23076.png     

1L414a5e.png

2u8gmrd.jpg

how amazing is this ? :D

congratulations Omar and yess, the blood, ohhh how addicted i become, ohh no no, i'll stay sane :P

• Like 1

how amazing is this ? :D

congratulations Omar and yess, the blood, ohhh how addicted i become, ohh no no, i'll stay sane :P

Obrigado Marcelo :)

The blood is indeed addictive, loving The Old Hunters so far (even though I haven't done much at all lol)

I remain uncertain as to what my next platinum will be at the moment......I may go for Beyond: Two Souls Remastered, but nothing is set in stone for now xD

• Like 1

I honestly can't believe I am posting this today, BUT

rl9m50.jpg

Rogue Galaxy (PS4)

One of my favorite games of all time is back in glorious 1080p and with trophy support, including a platinum trophy!! Level-5 made me a happy gamer this week, with both the release of Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud as PS2 Classics for PS4 and with the announcement of Ni No Kuni 2: Reventant Kingdom xD

I will upload footage of every boss fight in Rogue Galaxy to Youtube, the first boss is already up! 

If you want to check how PS2 Classics look on PS4 before purchasing them, feel free to do so here! And if you want to stick around to my Rogue Galaxy boss journey, keep my channel in mind or subscribe if you feel like it :D

I personally can't think of a better way to wrap up 2015 than enjoying the gem once again! 

Edited by Omar

The fun keeps high up! I don't know if I can play anything else until I get every bit of what Rogue Galaxy has to offer xD

• Like 1