Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

Congrats with you new plat Omar !! this one is also on list plat this year :) but so far not come far with my plats  :S  

Thanks a lot Cassi! Keep working on your plats and they'll literally pour over you, you'll see! xD

I am enjoying Disgaea 5 and Gravity Rush Remastered whenever my schedules allows me to play. Things are really busy (in a good way) but my gaming is something I will never neglect, can't function for too long without it ^_^ 

Exciting news!! 

:platinum: #83 - Gravity Rush Remastered

1Lbfed98.png

It's all Relative - Collected every trophy. Congratulations!

.Achieved: March 6th, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 9

What a breath of fresh air! I am so late to the party here, but I have a valid explanation for that. Ever since Gravity Rush was included in PS Plus' lineup, I knew it'd end up taking the leap towards PS4 because (sadly) the Vita was not going to be enough for the buzz the franchise got. So I waited, and my wait made sense, because the game indeed took the leap, and I now enjoyed it on a big screen! I probably approved Kat 15 minutes into the game, such a likeable protagonist! The mechanics are really interesting and the game is fun and engaging all the way through. However, (as usual) it fails to offer a challenging experience. There are tons of missed opportunities with the gameplay mechanics at hand, so I really hope Sony Japan Studio takes Gravity Rush to the next level with the sequel, and offer a full, varied and challenging package. All in all, I loved the game despite its easiness, and I'm now up on the Kat & Dusty hype train!  xD

I am also very excited because I made it into my country's top 1000 on the site's leaderboards! My goal is reaching the top 700, so I still have some work to do, but I am determined to keep growing as a trophy hunter! ^_^

I'll also share with you a game I'm starting tomorrow, the latest in the usual series of shared games I play with one of my best friends

:cross: NOW PLAYING  :cross:

8f8f64f568987b6f57bbf52d495ff8d0_small.j

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita)

My friend Marcelo and I will get in shape for Danganronpa 3 by going through the second installment of the series! We need to catch up but I'm sure we'll make it in time xD

• Like 2

Exciting news!! 

1Lbfed98.png

What a breath of fresh air! I am so late to the party here, but I have a valid explanation for that. Ever since Gravity Rush was included in PS Plus' lineup, I knew it'd end up taking the leap towards PS4 because (sadly) the Vita was not going to be enough for the buzz the franchise got. So I waited, and my wait made sense, because the game indeed took the leap, and I now enjoyed it on a big screen! I probably approved Kat 15 minutes into the game, such a likeable protagonist! The mechanics are really interesting and the game is fun and engaging all the way through. However, (as usual) it fails to offer a challenging experience. There are tons of missed opportunities with the gameplay mechanics at hand, so I really hope Sony Japan Studio takes Gravity Rush to the next level with the sequel, and offer a full, varied and challenging package. All in all, I loved the game despite its easiness, and I'm now up on the Kat & Dusty hype train!  xD

I am also very excited because I made it into my country's top 1000 on the site's leaderboards! My goal is reaching the top 700, so I still have some work to do, but I am determined to keep growing as a trophy hunter! ^_^

I'll also share with you a game I'm starting tomorrow, the latest in the usual series of shared games I play with one of my best friends

My friend Marcelo and I will get in shape for Danganronpa 3 by going through the second installment of the series! We need to catch up but I'm sure we'll make it in time xD

aha, now we're talking. As i said before it's all relative my friend, Mono may hit us hard and left us for dead before danga 3 is even released, i say, bring it on!!

• Like 1

aha, now we're talking. As i said before it's all relative my friend, Mono may hit us hard and left us for dead before danga 3 is even released, i say, bring it on!!

Despair is already taking over us, PUHUHUHUHUHUH!! We're definitely in the mood for this :highfive:

• Like 1

Exciting news!! 

1Lbfed98.png

Congrats with you new plat Omar !! whit you new awesome plat :) You are my 1000 Post  :giggle:    Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) will be nice plat i hope my new plat will be KH 1.5  :awesome:

• Like 1

Congrats with you new plat Omar !! whit you new awesome plat :) You are my 1000 Post  :giggle:    Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) will be nice plat i hope my new plat will be KH 1.5  :awesome:

Thank you Cassi! And yaaaay I'm honored to have your 1000th post on my Plateau :highfive:

Enjoy Kingdom Hearts, it's a magical franchise ^_^ 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New games, new fun! 

05b755ace5b49029e32c3b90fb494edc_small.j

Ratchet And Clank: Nexus (PS3)

8a184c30ddbbcadbe083532a20e323da_small.j

Heavy Rain Remastered (PS4)

I actually started these games some time ago, but I've been doing some painting around the house and my internet connection has been on and off during the past few days, so I didn't have the time or means to update here. I am having tons of fun with both though! Nexus is helping me contain the hype for Ratchet & Clank coming to PS4 next month, and I never played Heavy Rain so I'm in with tons of excitement! ^_^ 

• Like 1

:platinum: #84 - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

1Lf43eb2.png

Pride of Fastoon - Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

.Achieved: March 19th, 2016

.Difficulty: 1

.Enjoyment: 7

My hype for the upcoming Ratchet & Clank PS4 reimagination is reaching critical levels, so I needed a R&C fix to soothe the wait. Nexus proved to be just perfect for that role. The game is not overly complicated, trophies are straightforward and it isn't too long, so I could enjoy it without much of a time investment (something tricky for me these days  xD). Gameplay was responsive as ever, weapons and their upgrades are cool and it was overall a fun experience that has me all set for the arrival of the latest game in the series next month. I will add that this platinum image is my favorite in the series so far  ^_^

Really excited about this one, I am only 16 platinum trophies away from the highly anticipated 100!! :awesome:

• Like 2

1Lf43eb2.png

My hype for the upcoming Ratchet & Clank PS4 reimagination is reaching critical levels, so I needed a R&C fix to soothe the wait. Nexus proved to be just perfect for that role. The game is not overly complicated, trophies are straightforward and it isn't too long, so I could enjoy it without much of a time investment (something tricky for me these days  xD). Gameplay was responsive as ever, weapons and their upgrades are cool and it was overall a fun experience that has me all set for the arrival of the latest game in the series next month. I will add that this platinum image is my favorite in the series so far  ^_^

Really excited about this one, I am only 16 platinum trophies away from the highly anticipated 100!! :awesome:

Awesome Plat :D now heavy rain my friend

• Like 1

Thank you mate! #85 should arrive soon as well, I'm glad with the progress I'm making ^_^

How is your trophy hunting going? 

Going pretty well so far. This month I've been kinda lax with trophy hunting, only earned two plats so far. I'm working on my third plat for March, Guacamelee: STCE, which will technically be the second time I've beaten the game. The original version on PS3 and the massively improved version of the game on PS4. The PS3 version is great, but all the extra content, makes the PS4 version the definitive one.

• Like 1

Going pretty well so far. This month I've been kinda lax with trophy hunting, only earned two plats so far. I'm working on my third plat for March, Guacamelee: STCE, which will technically be the second time I've beaten the game. The original version on PS3 and the massively improved version of the game on PS4. The PS3 version is great, but all the extra content, makes the PS4 version the definitive one.

I LOVED Guacamelee on PS4, I never played the PS3 version but I got the DLC characters for the PS4 game and it was all tons of fun! I hope you enjoy it just as much as you enjoyed it the first time xD

I LOVED Guacamelee on PS4, I never played the PS3 version but I got the DLC characters for the PS4 game and it was all tons of fun! I hope you enjoy it just as much as you enjoyed it the first time xD

Thanks. Yeah the PS3 version is fun, and both versions have different trophy lists, so I don't feel like I'm just playing a copy/paste version on the PS4. I'd recommend the PS3 version, with all the DLC. It's a decent challenge, and should be quicker to finish as it has fewer areas to visit/revisit for collectibles. Just if you're curious, but the PS4 version is the best, gameplay-wise.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yeah the PS3 version is fun, and both versions have different trophy lists, so I don't feel like I'm just playing a copy/paste version on the PS4. I'd recommend the PS3 version, with all the DLC. It's a decent challenge, and should be quicker to finish as it has fewer areas to visit/revisit for collectibles. Just if you're curious, but the PS4 version is the best, gameplay-wise.

I wish I had the time for that, but my schedule has been insanely busy since the year started, so I need to make every gaming second count, and with all the games coming out (and having to professionally review some of them) I have no time for game do-overs, sadly :/

In other news, #85 has come to!

:platinum: #85 - Heavy Rain Remastered

1L89cd1a.png

Heavy Rain Master - Unlock all trophies

.Achieved: March 21st, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Rare

This is a game that I had never played before (excluding a demo on PS3) so I came in totally blind. Now I can definitely understand the buzz around David Cage, the story in Heavy Rain is masterful in more ways than one. The pacing is superb, the attention to detail call for a feeling of endless depth to the story's branching. The music is relatively limited in quantity, but not in quality! The PS4 remaster makes it look pretty and the platinum - or the game itself - aren't demanding at all skill-wise, so it's perfect for story focus and immersion. Heavy Rain manages to pull extremely endearing moments and insanely intense ones at will and offers one big compelling plot that hooks you right in. The only downside to it is that they probably could've managed the replaying mechanism in a more efficient way. Going for every ending can be done efficiently if you follow a guide, but if you don't (my case here) you are bound to watch some segments of the game over and over and over again. Other than that, this is one of the best story-driven games I've ever played. I bought it alongside Beyond: Two Souls, so I'll be telling you about that one when I finish it   ^_^

One is done, which means....... ;) 

pic_Beyond-Two-Souls_081155_large.jpg

Beyond: Two Souls Remastered (PS4)

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, so let's see how this one goes! ^_^ 

• Like 2

I wish I had the time for that, but my schedule has been insanely busy since the year started, so I need to make every gaming second count, and with all the games coming out (and having to professionally review some of them) I have no time for game do-overs, sadly :/

1L89cd1a.png

This is a game that I had never played before (excluding a demo on PS3) so I came in totally blind. Now I can definitely understand the buzz around David Cage, the story in Heavy Rain is masterful in more ways than one. The pacing is superb, the attention to detail call for a feeling of endless depth to the story's branching. The music is relatively limited in quantity, but not in quality! The PS4 remaster makes it look pretty and the platinum - or the game itself - aren't demanding at all skill-wise, so it's perfect for story focus and immersion. Heavy Rain manages to pull extremely endearing moments and insanely intense ones at will and offers one big compelling plot that hooks you right in. The only downside to it is that they probably could've managed the replaying mechanism in a more efficient way. Going for every ending can be done efficiently if you follow a guide, but if you don't (my case here) you are bound to watch some segments of the game over and over and over again. Other than that, this is one of the best story-driven games I've ever played. I bought it alongside Beyond: Two Souls, so I'll be telling you about that one when I finish it   ^_^

Congratulations Omar, really good read, on pair to be the authentic senior editor and social manager of gamersiege

• Like 1

1L89cd1a.png

I beat Heavy Rain on PS3 and made the same mistake you made, in regards to the endings, quite the damn chore >~<. Beating it once, was enough for me, it's not really a game I want to revisit on PS4, it's one I'm happy to play once and probably never pick it up again. Still, glad you had fun, that's what's important.

• Like 1

Congratulations Omar, really good read, on pair to be the authentic senior editor and social manager of gamersiege

Thank you! The site is called GearSiege though xD

I beat Heavy Rain on PS3 and made the same mistake you made, in regards to the endings, quite the damn chore >~<. Beating it once, was enough for me, it's not really a game I want to revisit on PS4, it's one I'm happy to play once and probably never pick it up again. Still, glad you had fun, that's what's important.

Yeah, I found myself replaying the final chapters because I couldn't get things line up for some endings to show up. I eventually got it all figured out but it look longer than I'd have wanted it to xD I am playing these two games because I never played them on PS3, otherwise I'd probably have skipped them. 

• Like 1

:platinum: #86 - Beyond: Two Souls Remastered (PS4)

1L58bbbd.png

Beyond: Two Souls Master - Collected all trophies!

.Achieved: March 25th, 2016

.Enjoyment: 8

Beyond: Two Souls is a game that is widely regarded as below-par because it seems to fail to live up to what Heavy Rain did back in the day. However, there are things in which Beyond takes the upper hand. For starters, I have enjoyed Jodie's character more than all of the Heavy Rain cast individually. This is to be expected for a simple reason: while in Heavy Rain the events circle around several protagonists who take some stage time out of Ethan Mars, Jodie is the one and only epicentre of the events in Beyond. She gets all of the stage time and we follow her story during different stages of her life, making it easy for us to get her all fleshed out as a character. Ellen Page did a spectacular performance, and same goes for William Dafoe.

I take Beyond's soundtrack over Heavy Rain's too, and the story overall moved me more than Heavy Rain's, but it is admittedly not as good as that one. Beyond has a much less engaging storyline, and while in Heavy Rain my head was filled with theories about the Origami killer, in Beyond I was just sitting tight and waiting for the game to show me what would happen next. Something bright for Beyond is how we change locations and visit different kinds of places, while Heavy Rain keeps us in the doom and gloom of the rain (which perfectly fits the game's atmosphere, but inevitably hits the variety in art direction). 

What Beyond:Two Souls hugely fails at is making our choices seem relevant. After having played Heavy Rain about two weeks ago, I came into Beyond's choices with the fear of having big consequences, something that was fairly common in Heavy Rain. However, the story moves forward in mostly the same way and choices don't have any game-changing weight in general. This makes trophies more accessible, because the story's branching is simplified. In terms of gameplay, I didn't come in expecting much because it's interactive drama we're talking about. Both HR and BtS have some simplistic button-pressing and the latter includes some exploration through the segments controlling Aiden. Still, very little gameplay. 

Overall, the story in Beyond is not as intricate or good as the one in Heavy Rain but it had more moving moments for me and I found the character of Jodie Holmes extremely enjoyable. Now I am extremely looking forward to Detroit: Become Human and to whatever Kara has in store for us  ^_^

• Like 3

1Lf43eb2.png

1L89cd1a.png

One is done, which means....... 

Congratulations with all your new plats Omar !! Wow got a lot new plat Omar . and how go things at work?

Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 1

Congratulations with all your new plats Omar !! Wow got a lot new plat Omar . and how go things at work?

Thank you so much Cassi, I'm really happy with my hunting progress ^_^

Things at both jobs are going great, I've had a nice week off and I feel full of energy to go back! How is everything going for you? xD

Thank you so much Cassi, I'm really happy with my hunting progress ^_^

Things at both jobs are going great, I've had a nice week off and I feel full of energy to go back! How is everything going for you? xD

I play now 2 Borderland on the PS4 and wait till  plat it  Platinum Rain Day from  Dragon-Archon !!  :)

What will be a nice 75 plat? KH 1.5, FF 10 or Catherine?

Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #87 - Grim Fandango Remastered     

1L12c265.png

Number Nine Ticket - Get all other trophies in the game

.Achieved: March 29th, 2016

.Difficulty: 1 (with guide), 8 (without)

.Enjoyment: 6

After a really busy period, I can finally find the time to post my latest platinum trophy: Grim Fandango Remastered! I played the game on my PS Vita and loved the punny dialogue and Glottis' voice, so I spent quite a good while smiling and laughing while playing. From the very beginning, I noticed how far-fetched and vague solutions for puzzles are in the game, with a lot of hypothesis-trying and solution-guessing involved. I can see this game causing some headaches back when it originally released. However, we are now in a connected world in which the internet has the answers for everything,so I used a guide whenever I couldn't grasp what to do (more often than not  xD). I find interesting how games are not this tricky these days, our brains are growing accustomed to easier, more accessible progress and going back to this and many other classics proves the point. Still, the game was awesome and I'm glad I gave it a try! 

Almost at 90 now!! I accept suggestions for 90th by the way ^_^ 

• Like 1