Long time without a plat, but this happened! xD 

:platinum: #109 - Final Fantasy XV

1Ld3d22d.png

The World Wanderer - Collected all trophies

.Achieved: March 5th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 3

.Enjoyment: 10

At long last, I have reclaimed the throne! The story with this one goes a way back. It was initially going to be my 100th platinum trophy but its delay to November when I already had 99 plats made me give that title to another game. Now, it becomes my 109th and I'm just as proud of it! Final Fantasy XV has exceeded all of my gameplay and musical expectations with excelling performance on both fields. The plot is somewhat unfleshed but still enjoyable and the content in the world of Eos doesn't seem to end. The trophy set in itself isn't quite demanding but the challenges outside the trophy requirements are quite something and I'll still dig through some of them, as playing FFXV is pure entertainment for me. My 90-hour journey has now come to a trophy end, but the party continues! xD 

• 2 months later...

I bring a HUGE update, including the last 3 plats I earnt! ^_^ 

:platinum: #110 - Horizon Zero Dawn

1Lf9f2b0.png

All trophies obtained - Obtain all Horizon Zero Dawn trophies

.Achieved: March 23rd, 2017

.PSN's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 5 (played on Very Hard mode)

.Enjoyment: 9

I was a tiny bit curious to see how Guerrilla were going to handle themselves in such new ground for them, and I must say they surpassed everything I had envisioned for their first open world adventure game! The world in Horizon Zero Dawn is packed to the brim with things to see, find and do, to the point that it was not boring, not even once in 43 hours! Machines are ferocious and highly aggressive and I died quite a number of times because of charging in unprepared. Ashly Burch did a wonderful job at voicing Aloy and the character is one of my favorite new IP protagonists in years so I'm expecting great things from her going forward. Whether now or later this year, you should all experience this title! 

:platinum: #111 - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

1Lc082a4.png

Dream Drop Distance Master - Obtain all trophies

.Achieved: March 31st, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Very Rare

.Enjoyment: 7

I am so happy about this one! I'll give you all some context: those who have seen me post around here know that I've been stressed over the fact that Persona 5 is going to take my whole life away from me in a matter of days, so some weeks ago I decided to gun for the plats of both Horizon Zero Dawn and KH DDD HD with the challenge of getting them done before Persona 5's launch. Needless to say, I have succeeded and with time to spare so I'm thrilled! 

The grind in and of itself wasn't a pain at all, as I already did everything on my 3DS way back when. The gameplay in this game can be easily exploited to essentially make the game shamefully easy on Proud or Critical if you know what you're doing so I didn't really break a sweat challenge-wise. The cuteness in the game was my biggest threat as I was taking pictures of my cute Dream Eaters the whole time and I couldn't focus on the trophies! With this, I have surmounted every single Kingdom Hearts trophy in existence, proving my love for this series and now gathering full 100% completion in a total of 8 Kingdom Hearts titles xD 

:platinum: #112 - Persona 5

1Lf68317.png

Legendary Phantom Thief - Earn all trophies

.Achieved: May 12th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

Persona 4 Golden was one of the biggest gaming surprises I have ever faced, so I made sure I was ready to be blown away this time around. Even so, Persona 5 manages to impress whoever has the dedication to go through its excruciatingly long story, definitely a journey worth seeing through! 

I planned things perfectly this time around and got 70% of the trophy set in my first run, mixing Normal and Hard difficulty to enjoy some challenge without compromising the fun. Once NG+ started, I went for Easy mode, as all I had to do was work on Confidants and Requests. At the end of my NG+ run, I noticed I had made the fatal mistake of missing on one request. Luckily, as a prepared man, I had a myriad of saves, so I simply went back to one and fixed the problem. My total time clocked at 200 hours and I have no regrets. Persona 5 is a game worth every second of your time, a delight for JRPG fans and a proud platinum to conquer! 

• Like 1

A new day, a new plat! xD 

:platinum: #113 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst

1L79f293.png

The Few. The Elite - Unlock all Mirror's Edge Catalyst trophies

.Achieved: May 18th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: -3

.Enjoyment: 4

I have been procrastinating this one for the longest time, bought it months ago but never found the time or gave it the priority, until now! Mirror's Edge Catalyst is my first venture into Faith and the world around her. I must say I wasn't very pleased altogether. Don't get me wrong: the running and dashing is fun, which is basically this game's prime focus. However, after having played exquisite narratives with deep characters and a great script, this one ranks as a shallow, uninspired story with a forgettable crew that too loudly screams "IP settlement". We will likely get a 10x better sequel a few years from now (look into Watch Dogs for an exact same example). My biggest grudge, though, is how excruciatingly easy everything is! No complications, everything can be figured out within a couple of attempts, the combat is simplistic and highly exploitable as long as there's a wall next to you, which ALWAYS happens. As you all know, I always have fun with my gaming and I enjoyed my time with Mirror's Edge but the sad truth is that I'll have forgotten all about it 3 weeks from now xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omar said:

A new day, a new plat! xD 

:platinum: #113 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst

1L79f293.png

The Few. The Elite - Unlock all Mirror's Edge Catalyst trophies

.Achieved: May 18th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: -3

.Enjoyment: 4

I see you are taking our match in the THL seriously ;)

Really enjoyed reading through your list Omar. Very impressive. Unfortunately I got rid of my PS3 before Trophies came and I knew nothing about them til last year ? I bought a PS4 when I was bored one week and when I learned about trophies I became hooked! Hopefully one day I'll make a list like this myself ?

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I see you are taking our match in the THL seriously ;)

Hahahahaha that's just the way it happened, wait for me to slow down dramatically just enough to lose xD 

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Really enjoyed reading through your list Omar. Very impressive. Unfortunately I got rid of my PS3 before Trophies came and I knew nothing about them til last year 1f615.png I bought a PS4 when I was bored one week and when I learned about trophies I became hooked! Hopefully one day I'll make a list like this myself 1f600.png

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed my collection and I'm rooting for your progress, I'm sure you'll gather a nice list yourself in due time ^_^ 

• Like 1

This one makes 114, really glad with the smooth progress I've been having these past few weeks ^_^ 

#114 - Tearaway Unfolded

1Lf863b8.png

Perfectionist - Collect all the other trophies

.Achieved: May 22nd, 2017

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 5

I played Tearaway on PS Vita and I was charmed by it even despite the annoyance of some of the controls. Tearaway Unfolded is like a grown-up version of its Vita counterpart, and it's grown up beautifully! The game continues to be highly adorable and the cuteness is sometimes too much to handle <3 however, it also continues to be easy to the point it's not as enjoyable as it could be. Still, it's a beautiful, unique, creative and adorable game and I am glad I went through it ^_^ 

• Like 1

I don't recall if I posted in your thread but fantastic job. Much, much better laid out and brewing in detail than my own (which I still need to work on quite a bit). I'm a bit jealous of some of the platinums you've earned. OlliOlli2, Velocity 2X, Dragon Age Inquisition. You got some pretty solid games under your belt. Pretty respectable.

I'm working on my own challenge. Super Meat Boy. If I can get through that then I can definitely get through OlliOlli2 and Velocity 2X.

So many games on my backlog (and probably yours too). Definitely want to get into Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 but I already have Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, all which are going to take up a whole lot of time. The Persona games take over 100 hours each, and with such limited time with school and work it's like "Ugh".

I can just imagine having to plug in my Vita constantly for Persona 4 Golden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I don't recall if I posted in your thread but fantastic job. Much, much better laid out and brewing in detail than my own (which I still need to work on quite a bit). I'm a bit jealous of some of the platinums you've earned. OlliOlli2, Velocity 2X, Dragon Age Inquisition. You got some pretty solid games under your belt. Pretty respectable.

I'm working on my own challenge. Super Meat Boy. If I can get through that then I can definitely get through OlliOlli2 and Velocity 2X.

So many games on my backlog (and probably yours too). Definitely want to get into Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 but I already have Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, all which are going to take up a whole lot of time. The Persona games take over 100 hours each, and with such limited time with school and work it's like "Ugh".

I can just imagine having to plug in my Vita constantly for Persona 4 Golden.

Thank you very much for stopping by and for the kind words! ^_^ 

You totally should exprience Persona 4 Golden as soon as you can, that one is a true gem! 

Super Meat Boy is quite the challenge indeed, you'll basically be capable of anything if you get it done, so best of luck! I am now doing some trophy clean-up while June 2 arrives with Tekken 7 in hand xD working on Stardew Valley and Dragon Age Inquisition's DLC

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

Stardew is very time consuming. So is Inquisition although you got most of it done.

I am working on the Journey of the Prairie King trophies in Stardew Valley to avoid getting too invested in the game itself, those trophies are super hard anyway so some pre-learning will be useful! 

When it comes to Inquisition, I need multiple playthroughs for some of the trophies in the Trespasser DLC so I may not bother to do those at the moment xD 

• 2 months later...

Time to get this up to speed with the latest 4 platinum trophies I have obtained! xD 

#115 - Tekken 7

1Ld90369.png

I'll get everything back! - Acquired all trophies

.Achieved: June 8th, 2017

.Difficulty: 0

After years of waiting, one of my favorite fighting franchises saw its return and in quite the triumphant way! Tekken 7 is everything I hoped for and additional content will make it even cooler. The trophy set itself is one of the easiest, simplest I have done all year and the one reason why this didn't take mere hours was that Ranked Matches were iffy and I couldn't get one to work until they patched the game today, which locked me out of one last trophy. Tekken is a series in which I always put a bunch of hours so now I'll continue to play post-platinum, while working on trophies for other games. It'll be giving me fun for the rest of this year at least and I'm excited about it all! If you are dubious about it, do not hesitate and get this game: the trophies won't hurt your completion AT ALL and button-mashing can get you through it if you end up not enjoying it, but I'm pretty sure you'll fall right into the Iron Fist Tournament's funhouse xD 

#116 - Crash Bandicoot

1L25a470.png

The N. Trepid Crash Bandicoot! - Collect all the Crash Bandicoot trophies.

.Achieved: July 6th, 2017

.Difficulty: 6

.Enjoyment: 8

Crash Bandicoot is my childhood, something many gamers can say today. The first game, though, is one that caught me too young and I never owned it myself, but played it from a friend who was olderI certainly didn't remember it was capable of provide such a challenge! I was refreshingly surprised by how NOT EASY this first game is. In a world in which games are more and more accessible, with hand-holding and other shenanigans becoming a staple, the raw, "you're on your own" challenge in this game was more than welcome. My learning curve went from struggling quite a bit to downright pulling something of the likes of what you can see in the video below, proving games don't have to be easy to be immensely entertaining. Platformers gain appeal if they push the player's skill, and Crash Bandicoot has done a very good job at just that, so I can't wait to dive into the other two games! ^_^ 

:platinum: #117 - Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back

1Le6b57f.png

The N. Credible Crash Bandicoot! - Collect all the Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back trophies.

.Achieved: July 9th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 8

After acing the first Crash Bandicoot game with decent challenge and a very satisfying learning curve, I came into this one with no pause whatsoever and I must say the difficulty dropped down big time! Crash 2 obviously came out later and it has more polish to it than the first game. Gameplay is more refined and the learning curve is actually a curve and not a series of spikes. Relic runs were pushy because the running boots call for more demanding times and longer levels mean more hazards and more things to overcome without dying but it was all the same good fun that I remember from my childhood. I am more and more glad these games came back and I have saved for last my absolute fondest Crash game, so imagine how giddy I am ^_^ HOWEVER, Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age is coming out tomorrow and my soul shall be ABSORBED by it so my run of Crash 3 Warped will have to wait a bit! <3 

118 - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

1L4a8306.png

Champion of Ivalice - Collected all other trophies

.Achieved: August 7th, 2017

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: one of the best games I have ever played.

Whooo sit tight, this one is going to be long. 11 years ago, I saw Final Fantasy XII in the pages of a videogames magazine, I was 13. The game came out far away from my birthday, but my brother's birthday was mighty close so I literally shoehorned the game into his very existence to the point that, out of exhaustion, the poor guy asked for it and thanks to that I got to play it sooner than I expected to. I saw something, right from the start, that made me feel like I had to play it. And predictably so, I was immensely touched by it.

Admittedly, my 13-year-old self did not pay a lot of attention to the story because it was politics and I found those terribly boring. I fell in love with the system, the locations, the music, the atmosphere, basically everything minus the game's plot, which I even got to forget with the years.

In 2013, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster came out and it was a critical and commercial success. From that point (and possibly even before), my focus was on asking "will Final Fantasy XII come next in the remastering trend?". And so it began: I started to literally beg for a remaster of the game that touched me so much when I was a teenager. I wanted to relive it with the touch of adulthood and maturity I now hold. 

I remember the day it was announced. My Twitter friends all knew about my interest in it so they all told me about it but I was teaching, and in the middle of a lesson, I caught a glimpse of it. I literally couldn't contain myself! I smiled and giggled like a kid and my students gave me the odd look, to which I replied that I had simply "received very good news." 

From that point on, I blacked myself out of any footage or information until July 11, when I set up on my journey across Ivalice one more time. And it was just as beautiful, charming, mysterious, perilous and diverse as it ever was. On top of that, I now had the chance to enjoy the story and even be moved by some of the themes showcased in it. It is still not the most engaging plot of all time, but it works. 

The game is easier than it was on its PS2 release and the speed-ups make it much more accessible too. Trophies are not difficult by any standards and if you rush through it all you can be done rather quickly. I obviously did not, and still the 135 hours I spent in Ivalice felt short. I will come back from time to time, as I feel right at home when I play Final Fantasy XII, and now it looks more gorgeous than ever. 

Sorry for the length, this one hits me right on the spot! I am now switching gears from reviving an already tried triumph to jumping into 100% uncharted lands, the lands of NieR! Wish me luck! ^_^ 

• Like 1