Griffin Fight - Death March Difficulty

I don't know about you guys, but I thought this guy was a bastard. So here's a video with some tips.

Take advantage of your environment. Running around the trees sounds cheesy but it works. He flies, apply your shield, crossbow him, roll to quickly bring out sword, slice 2-3 times, back up, dodge his attack, slice 2-3 times, reapply shield when needed, repeat. Once he's at about 30-40% health, he flies away. Make sure to follow him quickly! Once you get to the new area, *CHECKPOINT* so if you die don't freak out!

Also use your friend as bait when possible ;)

:

My first video ever uploaded so sorry about the length (i took my time, it's hard) Would've only been 12 minutes but he did a hit wonder so it went on to 15 minutes.

• Like 2

The fight was a piece of cake for me on Death March. Vesemir was tanking it almost all the time, so I didn't even use my crossbow, I was just chopping its tail from behind :) A few times when I got hit, I had my shield up (Quen - sooo useful on Death March).

I had more trouble with the bitch-ghost from the well... took a few tries to down it.

The game really looks amazing. So what's special about the Death March difficulty? Is it just the standard "enemies have more health and do more damage" or something more?

Apparently there's no level scaling but I'll be the judge of that tonight. 

finally the time has come xD, still learning but i'm sure this long "death march" will be amazing xD

if my witcher scent, the griffin stunned before me xD

The game really looks amazing. So what's special about the Death March difficulty? Is it just the standard "enemies have more health and do more damage" or something more?

xD

So far, way more damage, no health restore via meditation and less damage dealt since they have more health

• Like 2

The difficulty can be change anytime. Just sending this question if someone knows. For the difficulty trophies, play from start to finish at that Death March level to get the trophy???

Without lowering the difficult, just like Dragon age Inquisition. I don't know 100% yet, but i'm pretty sure lowering after starting game, locks the trophy

Edited by Mah2c

Hm, not sure why you say that he was hard, because u can literally finish this fight without taking any damage. Crossbow when he tries to hit you while in mid air, 2 quick hits, AARD, 2 quick hits, back up. My companion did absolutely nothing throughout the whole fight. He was just there for atmosphere I guess. If you don't take time leveling your gear and abilities, then you will face serious problems on DM difficulty. Just saying, don't even try to do solely main quests.

Awkward moment when Ciri is stronger than Gerald.

Edited by SooFany-R

SPOILER

You can use spoiler bars ;). To do that, type [spoilerr] text here [/spoilerr], only with only 1 "r" instead of 2. 

So far, way more damage, no health restore via meditation and less damage dealt since they have more health

Apparently there's no level scaling but I'll be the judge of that tonight. 

Ok, thnx for the reply :).

• Like 1

ok, i finally got to the griffin fight last night. took me so long because i explored everything first etc. perhaps a bit too much, because the fight took only ~3minutes for me on my first try. i did even mess up quite a bit and traded hits because of button-mashing here and there. it still worked ...

i even wasted a thunderbolt-potion and tried to fist-fight the griffin in the beginning of the video, because he somehow put the sword away without me noticing :P

• Like 1

I have just finished White Orchard on Death march with zero deaths but I completely cleared the zone of quests, objectives, etc.  I came pretty close to dying during the Griffin fight when I got greedy and tried to do too much damage but managed to get through it.  Biggest tip I can give for DM attempts is do as many side quests and explore as much as possible, keep your gear, crafting and upgrades up and it won't be too bad. 

The Griffin is a nice introduction to the larger monster fights in Witcher games, it's all about preparation. Make sure you've done atleast every quest there is to do, so you're atleast level 3, on the same level as the Griffin. Looking at his Bestiary, you can see that Griffins are weak to Grapeshot bombs and a green potion that buffs your damage. Buy ingredients from the alchemist woman, and you can take a quarter of the Griffin's health away from the two bombs you get alone. While Vesemir does tank it, always sidestep to the Griffin's back and dig into him before he either flies away or turns around. Rinse and repeat.