Budget games for the PSVita

xFalionx

I have 18€ on my PSN account right now, and I am unsure on what to spend them on since I've decided against buying the game I originally meant to buy because of bad reviews of the Vita port.

I would love to hear some suggestions of games of all genres costing up to 18€. Maybe multiple lower priced ones, if they are good. I thought about buying either Shovel Knight, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate or Gravity Rush but all I've heard about those games is that they are basically just pretty good games.

I would be thankful about any suggestions that you might have.

• Like 2

It seems you enjoy RPGs so I would recommend Dragon Fantasy Book 1 and 2 :)

I can't seem to find Book 2 on the Vita store and the first book looks like an interesting generic RPG-Maker game. Are they worth their price?

You could wait for some flash sales. They have been happening often and include vita games.

That is actually an option, because I don't need those games ASAP. Sadly there haven't been too many good flash sales for the European store, though.  :|

Anyways, that is probably what I would do in the case that I won't be able to find a game at that price range that seems like it's worth the money.

I can't seem to find Book 2 on the Vita store and the first book looks like an interesting generic RPG-Maker game. Are they worth their price?

That is actually an option, because I don't need those games ASAP. Sadly there haven't been too many good flash sales for the European store, though.  :|

Anyways, that is probably what I would do in the case that I won't be able to find a game at that price range that seems like it's worth the money.

Oh you are European :( I have been told by other members it isn't on the European store.

The game is fantastic if you are a fan of old school RPGs. The first one parodies and pays homage to a bunch of 8 bit RPGs while the second one is more about 16 bit RPGs.

They are very clever RPGs but a little on the short side. I picked up both for about 10 bucks and for that price they are definitely worth the price.

Oh you are European :( I have been told by other members it isn't on the European store.

The game is fantastic if you are a fan of old school RPGs. The first one parodies and pays homage to a bunch of 8 bit RPGs while the second one is more about 16 bit RPGs.

They are very clever RPGs but a little on the short side. I picked up both for about 10 bucks and for that price they are definitely worth the price.

I might consider looking into the first one then, that does sound like fun.

And yeah, since I live in Germany and they really and I mean really like to generally either not release some games or censor them, we don't get games like Mortal Kombat here. And it seems that Europe in general just for some reason has less games than the USA in their stores. Pretty sad if you ask me...

• Like 1

I have 18€ on my PSN account right now, and I am unsure on what to spend them on since I've decided against buying the game I originally meant to buy because of bad reviews of the Vita port.

I would love to hear some suggestions of games of all genres costing up to 18€. Maybe multiple lower priced ones, if they are good. I thought about buying either Shovel Knight, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate or Gravity Rush but all I've heard about those games is that they are basically just pretty good games.

I would be thankful about any suggestions that you might have.

I've only played Gravity Rush from those games and here are my thoughts about it:

This game takes the open world experience to a whole new level. You play as Kat: a girl who has lost her memories and can manipulate gravity to walk on walls and ceilings or float through the air, which is a nice concept. The cities are also made up of layers so you can go underneath it to look for gems. The combat was a bit repetitive, an upgraded Gravity Kick and Evade is more than enough to deal with most enemies. The challenges were difficult at first, but once I upgraded all the abilities they became much easier. The DLCs are basically cut content from the main game: for example in the third DLC the players are introduced to Yunica, while at the end of the main game Kat greets Yunica by her name while this isn't mentioned before. Each DLC also contains 2 new challenges that are much harder than the ones from the main game. The Inferno race was by far the most difficult one. I did like how the dlc trophies formed a picture when they're all unlocked. Nonetheless it's a great game and I really advise you to try it.

Other Vita games I'd recommend are:

• Danganronpa
  • Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Ys Memories of Celceta

Btw how come you didn't finish Persona 4 Golden?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I've only played Gravity Rush from those games and here are my thoughts about it:

Btw how come you didn't finish Persona 4 Golden?

How long does it take to beat Gravity Rush? The gameplay sounds interesting to say the least, but I like long games and for some reason I feel that Gravity Rush might be rather short.

The thing with P4G is a bit complicated...

If you look through my games, there are many games which I haven't finished. The reason behind that is because I still live with my parents, I usually get them in bulk for festivals like Christmas and I tend to get more if I wish for physical games rather than money. Another thing is that I am someone who can pretty much enjoy every genre of games, but what I like to play changes from time to time. Like first I was into WoW for a few months, then, around fall last year I wanted to go back to console gaming and was into RPGs so I got a Vita as a bundle with three of my all time favorite games, the R&C trilogy. Then around Christmas I got my fill of JRPGs including SAO Hollow Fragment, P4G and FFX (no FFX2 because apparently I am too stupid to read that this was only a download code and I got the game from ebay, because it was cheaper there...). Then I went ahead and played all a little to test all of them and I must say that they are great games. I think P4G was actually the first game for me to try out and the first one I got back to after I played all of them a bit. But then for some reason one of my friends was pretty much reliving his childhood playing old Final Fantasy games again and was only talking about Final Fantasy games for a long time, which led to me also wanting to play that sweet FFX HD I had lying around. Somewhere in the middle of that I started getting into Dragon Ball. and after marathoning like 300 episodes and 7 movies, I have now returned to playing idlegames alongside of Osu! .

But I guess when my mood changes I'm gonna finish it right after FFX because it is a good game and the story interests me.

(/walloftext)

Also, your game requests are pretty much all around 40€ which I can't afford at the moment, but they are all games I've wanted to play before. I don't know about Y's though, do I need knowledge of the story of previous games? Same goes for uncharted. Call me a heretic and a traitor, but I am the one guy who never played an Uncharted game. Neither have I played an Assassins Creed game yet, though I don't think that Vita AC game is all that good.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

How long does it take to beat Gravity Rush? The gameplay sounds interesting to say the least, but I like long games and for some reason I feel that Gravity Rush might be rather short.

If you look through my games, there are many games which I haven't finished. The reason behind that is because I still live with my parents, I usually get them in bulk for festivals like Christmas and I tend to get more if I wish for physical games rather than money. Another thing is that I am someone who can pretty much enjoy every genre of games, but what I like to play changes from time to time. Like first I was into WoW for a few months, then, around fall last year I wanted to go back to console gaming and was into RPGs so I got a Vita as a bundle with three of my all time favorite games, the R&C trilogy. Then around Christmas I got my fill of JRPGs including SAO Hollow Fragment, P4G and FFX (no FFX2 because apparently I am too stupid to read that this was only a download code and I got the game from ebay, because it was cheaper there...). Then I went ahead and played all a little to test all of them and I must say that they are great games. I think P4G was actually the first game for me to try out and the first one I got back to after I played all of them a bit. But then for some reason one of my friends was pretty much reliving his childhood playing old Final Fantasy games again and was only talking about Final Fantasy games for a long time, which led to me also wanting to play that sweet FFX HD I had lying around. Somewhere in the middle of that I started getting into Dragon Ball. and after marathoning like 300 episodes and 7 movies, I have now returned to playing idlegames alongside of Osu! .

But I guess when my mood changes I'm gonna finish it right after FFX because it is a good game and the story interests me.

(/walloftext)

I'd say around 20 hours to get the platinum trophy, maybe 25 if you do all the DLCs too. About half of that will be spend on looking for gems and doing challenges.

If you want long games, I recommend Tales of Hearts R, Ys Memories of Celceta, and Soul Sacrifice Delta. I've only played Ys from these 3 games and I really like it. Tales of Hearts R is next and I'll play Soul Sacrifice after that.

Yeah, Dragon Fantasy Book 1 is great. I would say it's a far closer homage to Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest than Final Fantasy, it even has some of the music from Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest. And yeah, unfortunately Dragon Fantasy Book 2 isn't available at all in Europe.

Looking through the EU store I can recommend Soul Sacrifice is £14.99, and there's a demo for it too, and Mind Zero is £17.99, which I'm really enjoying, got the plat before actually. No demo for Mind Zero though. There are some others that might not be bad but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet so can't in good conscience recommend them.

Edited by ScutumMagister

I'd say around 20 hours to get the platinum trophy, maybe 25 if you do all the DLCs too. About half of that will be spend on looking for gems and doing challenges.

If you want long games, I recommend Tales of Hearts R, Ys Memories of Celceta, and Soul Sacrifice Delta. I've only played Ys from these 3 games and I really like it. Tales of Hearts R is next and I'll play Soul Sacrifice after that.

Maybe I was a little late to edit, since I don't have a high budget I would have to wait for a sale for most of those games, but I've heard a lot of good things about all 3 games, especially Soul Sacrifice, but I think it's one of those Monster Hunter like games, if I'm not mistaken and I don't feel the need to get more of those before I finish Toukiden and Freedom Wars. Do I need to know the story of the previous Y's games? Because I've seen that one on many "best RPG" lists and that is also a series that gets mentioned all the time, even though I've never seen much of it.

Yeah, Dragon Fantasy Book 1 is great. I would say it's a far closer homage to Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest than Final Fantasy, it even has some of the music from Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest. And yeah, unfortunately Dragon Fantasy Book 2 isn't available at all in Europe.

Looking through the EU store I can recommend Soul Sacrifice is £14.99, and there's a demo for it too, and Mind Zero is £17.99, which I'm really enjoying, got the plat before actually. No demo for Mind Zero though. There are some others that might not be bad but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet so can't in good conscience recommend them.

Mind Zero does look pretty good, I'm probably gonna read up on that one.  :)

• Like 1

(/walloftext)

Also, your game requests are pretty much all around 40€ which I can't afford at the moment, but they are all games I've wanted to play before. I don't know about Y's though, do I need knowledge of the story of previous games? Same goes for uncharted. Call me a heretic and a traitor, but I am the one guy who never played an Uncharted game. Neither have I played an Assassins Creed game yet, though I don't think that Vita AC game is all that good.

Finish P4G, the Trinity of Green demands it :shakefist:

I'd recommend Ys: MoC before I'd recommend Tales of Hearts R. I haven't checked your profile, so I don't know if you played the other Tales. I found Ys, a bit easier to get into, and the story's short.

Is Ys on sale on the European store, or under 18 euros? And I don't think Tales is on sale either.....I have to come back and check the UK PS store.

I will get to it soon enough. I do wanna finish Dragon Ball before I get into some games, that will eat my time like the monsters they are. Also, there are still FFX HD and Atelier Ayesha+ and those are great games as well.

I mean, since I don't really get much money I need to conserve my games as long as possible. Especially since I'm in my dry period right now, my birthday being in fall.

I'd recommend Ys: MoC before I'd recommend Tales of Hearts R. I haven't checked your profile, so I don't know if you played the other Tales. I found Ys, a bit easier to get into, and the story's short.

Is Ys on sale on the European store, or under 18 euros? And I don't think Tales is on sale either.....I have to come back and check the UK PS store.

Neither the Tales game nor Y's: MoC are on sale just some crappy to mediocre indies. That's also something I hate about the European store: We can nether have nice things!

Fred (PlayStation Blog Manager)  promised that there will be Vita sale starting today in Europe - so you might wanna wait few hours to avoid disappointment of getting game at full price only to have it discounted few hours later.  :D

Fred (PlayStation Blog Manager)  promised that there will be Vita sale starting today in Europe - so you might wanna wait few hours to avoid disappointment of getting game at full price only to have it discounted few hours later.  :D

Thank you very much for that, I hope there is gonna be something good in that sale.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for that, I hope there is gonna be something good in that sale.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/05/20/new-playstation-store-discounts-save-on-the-order-1886-portable-classics/

It's up now. Some good games if you don't mind PSP (trophyless) games, otherwise not a lot going on in my opinion other than Gravity Rush/Sly Cooper unfortunately!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/05/20/new-playstation-store-discounts-save-on-the-order-1886-portable-classics/

It's up now. Some good games if you don't mind PSP (trophyless) games, otherwise not a lot going on in my opinion other than Gravity Rush/Sly Cooper unfortunately!

I just checked the store. there seems to be some delay for the german store, at least it doesn't show the sale yet. But I think I will definitely get Gravity Rush and Sly Cooper now that they are on sale. Also, I always wanted to try out a Sly Cooper game because I didn't do so in the PS2 period.

I will see how much money I've got left after that.

Edit: I do see the sales on the website, though.

Edited by xFalionx

Maybe I was a little late to edit, since I don't have a high budget I would have to wait for a sale for most of those games, but I've heard a lot of good things about all 3 games, especially Soul Sacrifice, but I think it's one of those Monster Hunter like games, if I'm not mistaken and I don't feel the need to get more of those before I finish Toukiden and Freedom Wars. Do I need to know the story of the previous Y's games? Because I've seen that one on many "best RPG" lists and that is also a series that gets mentioned all the time, even though I've never seen much of it.

Ok, I bought those games from an EU sale as well. Otherwise they are €40 per game. It's not necessary to play the previous Ys games to understand this one, there are some references to the other games. Ys MoC is a remake from Ys 4.

I second this.

I will get to it soon enough. I do wanna finish Dragon Ball before I get into some games, that will eat my time like the monsters they are. Also, there are still FFX HD and Atelier Ayesha+ and those are great games as well.

I mean, since I don't really get much money I need to conserve my games as long as possible. Especially since I'm in my dry period right now, my birthday being in fall.

Neither the Tales game nor Y's: MoC are on sale just some crappy to mediocre indies. That's also something I hate about the European store: We can nether have nice things!

Do you have a laptop? I would watch DBZ alongside grinding FFX sphere grid :)

Do you have a laptop? I would watch DBZ alongside grinding FFX sphere grid :)

I actually do play some passive things while I watch anime sometimes, but since I don't watch the dubbed version

(many consider the dub to be good or even better than the original Japanese dub, though I think that is because those people grew up with the english dub on tv and are used to it/ feel nostalgia when they hear it. Since I was late to the party, the only anime I watched as a kid were One Piece and a little Naruto, so no nostalgia for me and I do consider the original dub a lot better (for some reason no nation can voice perverts like Muten Roshi better than Japan  :D ).)

I can't really do both without failing both since I do things wrong because I concentrate too much on the anime or miss important parts because I miss a subtitle while focusing on the game.

Also, why can't I access the version of Sly Cooper with the sales? when I follow a link to the game it just says it found nothing and if I search it manually it says I "can't buy it because of: [blank]".  :S  Is the sale for that game not available in Germany? I can access and purchase the other games, at least but I really would like to try that Sly Cooper game...

[Edit]: Seems like it only was an error. It is now accessible on the German store

Edited by xFalionx

Gravity Rush deserves all your money.

Waiting for the promised sale is a good idea, but Gravity Rush is a must.

It is objectively one of the best Vita games there is and...

KAT IS CUTE!

I actually do play some passive things while I watch anime sometimes, but since I don't watch the dubbed version

(many consider the dub to be good or even better than the original Japanese dub, though I think that is because those people grew up with the english dub on tv and are used to it/ feel nostalgia when they hear it. Since I was late to the party, the only anime I watched as a kid were One Piece and a little Naruto, so no nostalgia for me and I do consider the original dub a lot better (for some reason no nation can voice perverts like Muten Roshi better than Japan  :D ).)

I love you, man.

Gravity Rush deserves all your money.

Waiting for the promised sale is a good idea, but Gravity Rush is a must.

It is objectively one of the best Vita games there is and...

KAT IS CUTE!

I love you, man.

I already bought Gravity Rush and am currently downloading it. Now that it's 60% off It's more than worth it considering I get in many opinions one of the best games for the Vita for 6€.

Also, I am happy to see that there are others who think so. Actually, it is pretty hard to find the Japanese version of DB and DBZ with subs because literally everyone watches the anime dubbed.

Crimsonland - Top down shooter

Lone Survivor - 2D Survival Horror

Jetpack Joyride/DX - Miscelleneous

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - Beat'em up

Flyhunter Origins - 2D.5 platformer

Gravity Badgers - Miscelleneous

Luftrausers - Shoot'em up

Crazy Market - Miscelleneous

Limbo - 2D Puzzle Platformer

Stealth Inc. - 2D Puzzle Platformer

Titan Attacks! - Shoot'em up

Thomas Was Alone - 2D Platformer