Kombat Pack for what? I'm very Pissed Off!

daniel_flavia

Wow can't believe there are people actually trying to defend Netherrealm/WB...Yes my friend you was completely ripped off and you have the right to complain,people who not complain about this anti-consumer practices are sheeps,and its because of people that don't mind this at all that we keep getting screwed by so many anti-consumer practices they've been throwing at us.

It doesn't matter what they said that it would be available on the season....a season pass is supposed to come with ALL...EVERY SINGLE ONE  DLC that releases for that game in the future,in their case Kombat Pack is just their fancy way to name their season pass.If they wanna steal from people then they should name their shit properly like bungie who named Destiny pass "Expansion Pass"...its still an anti-consumer practice but at least they're being honest that future DLC won't be included in the 1st pass.

Don't worry my friend cuz you ain't alone,it has happened to me before with TLoU season pass where they released a bunch of overpriced DLC outside of the season,for me its simple I ain't buying a season pass from them ever again...if we don't complain and don't do something about it these bullshit will keep happening and will get worse eventually.

The 1st bastards to do this were Gearbox with Borderlands 2...and it became a virus because now almost everyone does the same,they know people still buy their crap even being a robbery...and people think the problem is as easy as "if you don't like it don't buy it"....haha well thats laughable.

I'm a big MK fan but I'm waiting for the Komplete Edition of MKX,was screwed with MK9 for buying it at launch and now they're doing much much worse with MKX...releasing DLC outside of the season without even waiting for all the content offered in the season to be released for instance,lol other devs at the very least wait for all the season pass stuff to be released just then they can do their dirty work...I won't support these anti-consumer bullshit.

Edited by Welmosca
  • Like 1

Wow can't believe there are people actually trying to defend Netherrealm/WB...Yes my friend you was completely ripped off and you have the right to complain,people who not complain about this anti-consumer practices are sheeps,and its because of people that don't mind this at all that we keep getting screwed by so many anti-consumer practices they've been throwing at us.

It doesn't matter what they said that it would be available on the season....a season pass is supposed to come with ALL...EVERY SINGLE ONE  DLC that releases for that game in the future.If they wanna steal from people then they should name their shit properly like bungie who named Destiny pass "Expansion Pass"...its still an anti-consumer practice but at least they're being honest that future DLC won't be included in the 1st pass.

Which is exactly what Netherrealm did with the Kombat Pack. It's not called a Season Pass - it's not even listed in the same category as a Season Pass on the store.

It's not "anti-consumer" - they list exactly what the damn pack covers right in the description. All that's required is the use of your eyes and brain to read and comprehend what it says.

Also, a Season Pass is nothing more than the ability to buy most of a game's DLC at a slight discount, usually before it actually releases. They can include whatever DLC in it that they want. Generally, it's all *main* DLC - like in The Last of Us - it included all of the expansions, and some extras, but not *all* of the extras.

Hell, even BL2 listed what their season Pass would include: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201336183-Borderlands-2-Season-Pass-What-s-Included-List-of-Contents-Updated-09-06-2013-

It covered all of the expansions - but not new characters.

They have never been about getting "ALL DLCS EVER", they've just been about getting main stuff slightly cheaper than buying it all separate.

Ignorance does not grant the right to complain. Bought something and didn't get what you paid for? Complain. Got bad service? Complain. Stubbed your toe really, really hard on the corner of your desk? Fucking complain.

Bought something without knowing anything about what it was and not bothering to check? Sorry, you're out of luck.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 2

Which is exactly what Netherrealm did with the Kombat Pack. It's not called a Season Pass - it's not even listed in the same category as a Season Pass on the store.

It's not "anti-consumer" - they list exactly what the damn pack covers right in the description. All that's required is the use of your eyes and brain to read and comprehend what it says.

Also, a Season Pass is nothing more than the ability to buy most of a game's DLC at a slight discount, usually before it actually releases. They can include whatever DLC in it that they want. Generally, it's all *main* DLC - like in The Last of Us - it included all of the expansions, and some extras, but not *all* of the extras.

Hell, even BL2 listed what their season Pass would include: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201336183-Borderlands-2-Season-Pass-What-s-Included-List-of-Contents-Updated-09-06-2013-

They have never been about getting "ALL DLCS EVER", they've just been about getting main stuff slightly cheaper than buying it all separate.

Ignorance does not grant the right to complain. Bought something and didn't get what you paid for? Complain. Got bad service? Complain. Stubbed your toe really, really hard on the corner of your desk? Fucking complain.

Bought something without knowing anything about what it was and not bothering to check? Sorry, you're out of luck.

Dude, the main issue here, it's not what's explained or not on these DLC, the main issue here is gamers are receiving less then they used to be for same usual price, I thought this hapenned with this MK Pack, I bought the Premium Game, I pay more for this, I think I deserve more as a consumer, that's it, end of matter. I payed more, for some DLC that sometimes is been gaved away, as some Skins for example.

You keep saying what companies wrote, copying and pasting, and if they defined it as Add-on or Season Pass, the naming is subjective, doesn't matter, WE GAMERS, all lose if they're starting to offer less for what we used to get more.

I already took noticed that I didn't payed much of an attention and bought something misleading in my point of view, read the previous posts, read all the posts, so you know where the discussion is, nobody is discuting if I"m right or not, we're discussing if WB Games made a mislead move or not, and if US AS CONSUMERS and people are being respected or misleaded.

Stop talking crazy, and think that they don't have any fault on this, when the companies clearly have all FAULT.

We don't have to agree here, this is a forum for us to discuss, if you think you're position is right, keep it. But don't try to pass averyone as idiots who can't read or how to spend money as you are some kind of judging authority, keep down!!!!

More dicussing and less judging ok?!

Lol I knew you hated MK Grimy but even going so far as lurking threads about it just to say "MK is shit and it's gonna die off anyway lol"? Seems like quite a bit of effort for something you don't even care about... 

As for the OP, you should really read the description of what you're buying before you complain. I don't really care what you feel like you're entitled to. they made it clear what you were going to get. It's your fault for not researching before buying. I'm all for complaining about on-disc DLC, though. At least this game lets you unlock quite a bit of content as well.

• Like 2

Talking about being pissed, I pre-ordered the "Kollector's edition" where I was promised to have Goro but sadly it didn't include anything spectacular except scorpion's costume. In addition to that, I bought the pack but it was refunded all of a sudden so I was like what the heck I'm not buying it again.

Lol I knew you hated MK Grimy but even going so far as lurking threads about it just to say "MK is shit and it's gonna die off anyway lol"? Seems like quite a bit of effort for something you don't even care about... 

As for the OP, you should really read the description of what you're buying before you complain. I don't really care what you feel like you're entitled to. they made it clear what you were going to get. It's your fault for not researching before buying. I'm all for complaining about on-disc DLC, though. At least this game lets you unlock quite a bit of content as well.

Not really.  Folks are upset at the wrong thing, though.  It's folks' fault for not reading.  They should be upset at gameplay.  How can you release a game that has so many things wrong with it? The DLC is one thing, but to have all of these problems that affects gameplay is unacceptable.  Liu Kang has a block string that's infinite.  Kung Lao has a meter glitch (he's likely going be banned unless there's a fix),  Yet, scrubs want to complain about Sub Zero, nerf him, because they don't block and flail.  I bet the next character is going to have bugs, too.  Jason does -_-

Dude, the main issue here, it's not what's explained or not on these DLC, the main issue here is gamers are receiving less then they used to be for same usual price, I thought this hapenned with this MK Pack, I bought the Premium Game, I pay more for this, I think I deserve more as a consumer, that's it, end of matter. I payed more, for some DLC that sometimes is been gaved away, as some Skins for example.

You keep saying what companies wrote, copying and pasting, and if they defined it as Add-on or Season Pass, the naming is subjective, doesn't matter, WE GAMERS, all lose if they're starting to offer less for what we used to get more.

I already took noticed that I didn't payed much of an attention and bought something misleading in my point of view, read the previous posts, read all the posts, so you know where the discussion is, nobody is discuting if I"m right or not, we're discussing if WB Games made a mislead move or not, and if US AS CONSUMERS and people are being respected or misleaded.

Stop talking crazy, and think that they don't have any fault on this, when the companies clearly have all FAULT.

We don't have to agree here, this is a forum for us to discuss, if you think you're position is right, keep it. But don't try to pass averyone as idiots who can't read or how to spend money as you are some kind of judging authority, keep down!!!!

More dicussing and less judging ok?!

There IS no misleading going on. It's only misleading if they didn't actually say, up-front, what they were giving. "I didn't pay attention to what they offered" is NOT being misled. "This company not offering the exact same thing as this other company" is NOT being misled.

They blatantly said from the beginning everything that was included in the pack. You can't sit there and be mad at them, or claim you're "getting less" when you got exactly what was offered. You can't claim "I'm being misled" when not ONE company hides what their Passes/Packs offer.

This is ALL about people not taking the time to read descriptions.

If I go to the store and buy a 4 pack of sodas that states it comes with 4 different flavors, and none of them are what I want - but I buy it anyway - I can't complain about it not having what I actually wanted in it.

If I go to buy that same 4 pack and it actually claims to have what I want in it, but when I pay for it and open it and it DOESN'T. THAT'S when I have the right to complain. To go and get my money back.

The latter is what you're claiming is happening, but the former is what's actually occurring.

Does it kinda suck that Season Passes don't all offer every little bit of DLC? Of course it does. But is it actually misleading? No. They all say, up-front, what you're getting for the price. It's up to you to bother reading it and seeing. And if you choose to buy it without doing so, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, that attitude you seem to have - it's extremely entitled. You don't "deserve" more of anything. You got exactly what you chose to pay for. Which is 4-5 extra characters, and at least 15 skins to go with them. You don't get to go to the store and complain that your 12 pack of soda didn't come with a 2-liter as well. You bought a 12 pack. You got a 12 pack. That's how it works.

See, in the case of Koori up there? THAT'S worth complaining about. He was supposed to get something, but he didn't. That's actually grounds to get his money back, or at the very least talk to someone to try and get it cleared up. That is being misled.

• Like 3

There IS no misleading going on. It's only misleading if they didn't actually say, up-front, what they were giving. "I didn't pay attention to what they offered" is NOT being misled. "This company not offering the exact same thing as this other company" is NOT being misled.

They blatantly said from the beginning everything that was included in the pack. You can't sit there and be mad at them, or claim you're "getting less" when you got exactly what was offered. You can't claim "I'm being misled" when not ONE company hides what their Passes/Packs offer.

This is ALL about people not taking the time to read descriptions.

If I go to the store and buy a 4 pack of sodas that states it comes with 4 different flavors, and none of them are what I want - but I buy it anyway - I can't complain about it not having what I actually wanted in it.

If I go to buy that same 4 pack and it actually claims to have what I want in it, but when I pay for it and open it and it DOESN'T. THAT'S when I have the right to complain. To go and get my money back.

The latter is what you're claiming is happening, but the former is what's actually occurring.

Does it kinda suck that Season Passes don't all offer every little bit of DLC? Of course it does. But is it actually misleading? No. They all say, up-front, what you're getting for the price. It's up to you to bother reading it and seeing. And if you choose to buy it without doing so, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, that attitude you seem to have - it's extremely entitled. You don't "deserve" more of anything. You got exactly what you chose to pay for. Which is 4-5 extra characters, and at least 15 skins to go with them. You don't get to go to the store and complain that your 12 pack of soda didn't come with a 2-liter as well. You bought a 12 pack. You got a 12 pack. That's how it works.

See, in the case of Koori up there? THAT'S worth complaining about. He was supposed to get something, but he didn't. That's actually grounds to get his money back, or at the very least talk to someone to try and get it cleared up. That is being misled.

Ok man, but the problem is...you're getting less then you used to.

Using your soda example...

If you go to store and purchase a promo that gives you 40 cases of soda, but when you go to store to pick up your soda's you see a flavor that excites you, and they state, NO, these flavors you can't have, regarding you're a Premium or not, your flavors will be that one's. THAT's the issue, PREMIUM buyer doesn't entitle me to what I want to have, but what THEy WANT to give me, if it's a inferior flavor, F...me!!!

Also...you buy same kind of promotion and you come to the store and there's tons of beautiful bottles, different exciting, very nice, skin packed for collecting, and again you can't have, cause they say yours are not these, yours are those on the corner, same one's, with some color different. Again, selling a Premium consumer tittle that doesn't entittled you to the best or even to choose.

Now if there's a customer who buys a 2 liter soda and get entitled to some of the different bottles, same as yours, Premium customer?!!!

See the diference? See where I think I was mislead? And again, we're thinking different, I think I deserve the best, always, my family deserves the best, more, always, the best service, the best products, why should be different here?!, THAT attitude is what makes me a serious and concious buyer, if this botter you, it's your problem, 

Edited by daniel_flavia

Sorry, but I just imagined you in store. "I want my money back, this ain't apple juice." "Sir... it reads on bottle that it's orange juice." "I don't care, you mislead me by putting it next to apple juice."

It was called Kombat Pack, you could read anywhere what it included and you got everything they advertised. Was there really need for this topic and all the rage?

edit: Did some digging and it really was falsely advertised at some places. Never knew, I had only read advertisement of it being NOT a season pass and I knew what it included. So, yeah. You've been mislead. But still, I take responsibility for what I buy as I always check what's included, I could recommend it to you too.

Edited by theJJ88
  • Like 2

Ok man, but the problem is...you're getting less then you used to.

Using your soda example...

If you go to store and purchase a promo that gives you 40 cases of soda, but when you go to store to pick up your soda's you see a flavor that excites you, and they state, NO, these flavors you can't have, regarding you're a Premium or not, your flavors will be that one's. THAT's the issue, PREMIUM buyer doesn't entitle me to what I want to have, but what THEy WANT to give me, if it's a inferior flavor, F...me!!!

Also...you buy same kind of promotion and you come to the store and there's tons of beautiful bottles, different exciting, very nice, skin packed for collecting, and again you can't have, cause they say yours are not these, yours are those on the corner, same one's, with some color different. Again, selling a Premium consumer tittle that doesn't entittled you to the best or even to choose.

See the diference? See where I think I was mislead? And again, we're thinking different, I think I deserve the best, always!, THAT attitude is what makes me a serious and concious buyer, if this botter you, it's your problem,

You're not getting "less than you used to". Some games offered all of their content. Other's didn't. That's the way it's always been. Companies like Rockstar had their Rockstar Pass that offered all of the extra DLC. Borderlands offered all of the *main* expansions, and nothing more - extra characters and skins weren't included.

Episodic games like The Walking Dead don't really count, since really, you're just paying for the full game.

----

You either buy what you want - or you buy what's on offer. You don't get to pick and choose. If what you want isn't on sale, you either don't buy it, or you bite the bullet and pay full price.

It's not the store's fault you want something that isn't on sale right now. You can't be mad at them. Disappointed? Sure - but not actually mad.

You're entitled to what you pay for, nothing more. The Kombat Pack is not some "premium" club that entitles you to more than anyone else. You're getting the same thing everyone else can get - but at a discount. If you don't feel like the content is worth the price - then don't buy it. It's that simple.

The DISCOUNT is what you're entitled to.

The characters are $5. The costume packs are $4. That's $40 total [4 characters, 5 skin packs]. The Kombat Pack is selling all of that for a $10 discount.

Let's take your promo example. You should first make sure of what is actually included in said promo before you decide to get it and pay for it. That way, when you get to the store to buy it, you know what you're getting. If you find another flavor that you want, but it wasn't included, then tough luck. It wasn't included - you either skip out, or pay the normal price for it.

As I said before, ignorance is no excuse. It all comes right back down to knowing what you're getting into before committing.

You are not entitled to change deals like that, just because you want something else. That's not being misled. You're still not grasping what the term actually means. You weren't deceived when they said "No, that isn't included". Even if you *are* buying some kind of "Special, Premium Service" - you're only entitled to what that service offers.

If I pay for Playstation Plus - I expect to get what Playstation Plus offers. I don't, however, expect Playstation Plus to give me anything more than that. I don't expect free Steam games, or for my PS3 to start vacuuming my house, for instance - that's not something the service offers.

There are plenty of games I'd love to see go free on Plus - but if they don't, I don't really have the right to complain - unless they give no games at all for the month. I don't deserve specific games tailored to my personal interest. I deserve the games that they choose to offer, or the cloud storage for save backups, or online play on PS4 - because that's what I pay for.

You're only being deceived if they tell you that at first, "Yes, you CAN have those", and then you go to get it and they tell you "Wait, no, you can't". That is not the case here.

When you buy into a deal, you're not some special snowflake. You're buying a deal, and paying for whatever the deal includes.

You weren't sold some "Premium Consumer Title" - you were sold a discounted pack of content. Nothing more. The Kombat Pack doesn't entitle you to any more than what it says it offers.

This is where you seem to be lost. You're thinking that your money should have gotten you more - and it's perfectly fine to feel that way. It's your money. However, that's not the way it actually works. You bought an item, and you got what you paid for - what you *feel* it should include is irrelevant. What you *want* it to include is irrelevant.

"I want this thing you didn't include, and never intended to include, included." "No." is not being misled.

Nickle and dimed? Greedy? Sure. But in no way is it deceptive.

You were not deceived. You feel slighted. You feel jipped - but you're claiming deception where there is none.

• Like 2

Not really.  Folks are upset at the wrong thing, though.  It's folks' fault for not reading.  They should be upset at gameplay.  How can you release a game that has so many things wrong with it? The DLC is one thing, but to have all of these problems that affects gameplay is unacceptable.  Liu Kang has a block string that's infinite.  Kung Lao has a meter glitch (he's likely going be banned unless there's a fix),  Yet, scrubs want to complain about Sub Zero, nerf him, because they don't block and flail.  I bet the next character is going to have bugs, too.  Jason does -_-

I haven't played it enough to come across this stuff, admittedly. Have definitely seen people complaining about Sub-Zero and Erron Black slides. It's like they haven't heard of blocking low. They even complain about the Ermac lifts as if you can't block that and it catches you no matter what. The only thing I've heard about Jason is how he stands back up after brutalities sometimes. Which is actually more funny than anything. If he could still fight, that'd be ridiculous. Only DLC character I'm excited for his Tremor. Predator just feels like Sektor or Cyrax v2 and that female character wasn't very interesting in the Story.

Totally agree with the main point. Of all the things to be upset about, this is certainly not it.

That's becoming more claryfying to me now, about these so called "Season Passes". Let's hope this don't to become standard behavior from companies, if this continues and nobody complains in the future we'll gotta have to pay just to see what DLC they'll add.  :unsure:

But the worst , is people who receive less for what they used to pay, think this is absolutely normal, and still come to defend this kind of behavior of companies, like, if there's someone wrong here it's you complaining, they're a company of billions and they're always right!

I really don't care much about the money...it's the ripping off behavior that upsets. In 6 months when the games sales drops, they'll offer the same game, GOTY, with everything included for half-price.

So wait out the six months and quit ya Bitchin ;p

These "companies" know that there are a rediculess number of game freaks and trophy collectors out there that would jump at the chance for early access to content and take FULL advantage of us, charging us a leg and a few fingers for this content, these "companies" are becoming more aware of us trophy hunters and jump at the chance to Drip feed us a hand full of trophies at a time through DLCs.

No one likes this but hey, Such Is Life.

It's because of people like the OP... and probably you at some point... that buy this crap without so much as a single thought in their heads, that is the reason companies think they even have a chance at "ripping you off".  Netherrealm/WB are at fault for trying, the OP is at fault for making it so easy for them.  I find both of them disgusting.

I just happen to have a sliver more respect for Netherrealm/WB because at the end of the day, they're a company, and their goal is to get your money, and they did it, successfully.  The OP just stood there and took it, and now wants us to rally around him.

if this continues and nobody complains in the future we'll gotta have to pay just to see what DLC they'll add.  :unsure:

You know what's far more effective than complaining... NOT BUYING IT!  You do realize that's an option, right?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Oh I see...it's not called season pass?...of course Kombat Pack is their fancy name for it.....IT'S NOT ANTI-CONSUMER?...boy do you get paid by companies to defend their dirty practices in forums or something like that?...cuz if not you don't even have the right to spell ignorance.

For the record ND promised all TLoU DLCs with its season pass.

"They have never been about getting "ALL DLCs EVER" "............hmm do you even have any idea of what you're talking about?

Let's go back to when activision announced Call of Duty Elite which was the creation of the season passes...and all the companies that followed their uuh example of how to squeeze out some extra money out of playas,until someone had the "brilliant" idea to put DLC out of season passes.

Season Passes were created with the purpose to give playas ALL the future DLCs released for the game with a discount(this way influencing people to buy DLC),but like any power...some use for good and others for bad.

Brainwashed people like you are what keeps pushing the gaming industry into the abyss.

It's because of people like the OP... and probably you at some point... that buy this crap without so much as a single thought in their heads, that is the reason companies think they even have a chance at "ripping you off".  Netherrealm/WB are at fault for trying, the OP is at fault for making it so easy for them.  I find both of them disgusting.

I just happen to have a sliver more respect for Netherrealm/WB because at the end of the day, they're a company, and their goal is to get your money, and they did it, successfully.  The OP just stood there and took it, and now wants us to rally around him.

You know what's far more effective than complaining... NOT BUYING IT!  You do realize that's an option, right?

Me?...hmm I never support shit like this.I'm very careful with the stuff I buy.

And it shouldn't be ONLY about money in the 1st place.Thats the reason they're not worth of any.

And I already said the thing ain't as simple as "if you don't like it,don't buy it ".But not buying is a great start.

Oh I see...it's not called season pass?...of course Kombat Pack is their fancy name for it.....IT'S NOT ANTI-CONSUMER?...boy do you get paid by companies to defend their dirty practices in forums or something like that?...cuz if not you don't even have the right to spell ignorance.

For the record ND promised all TLoU DLCs with its season pass.

"They have never been about getting "ALL DLCs EVER" "............hmm do you even have any idea of what you're talking about?

Let's go back to when activision announced Call of Duty Elite which was the creation of the season passes...and all the companies that followed their uuh example of how to squeeze out some extra money out of playas,until someone had the "brilliant" idea to put DLC out of season passes.

Season Passes were created with the purpose to give playas ALL the future DLCs released for the game with a discount(this way influencing people to buy DLC),but like any power...some use for good and others for bad.

Brainwashed people like you are what keeps pushing the gaming industry into the abyss.

Dude, Call of Duty Elite was not the creation of the Season Pass. That's not even a Season Pass - it's a service that offered more than just the DLC [Like access to exclusive competitions and real-life prizes.] Not to mention that it stopped acting like that with the release of Black Ops II - where they just offer the DLC in packs like normal. Gone is the subscription [Which was a monthly/yearly thing.].

Actually, gone is the entire service.

The first appearance of the Season Pass was back in L.A. Noire, 6 months before Call of Duty Elite even existed.

It can also refer to a special purchase available for certain video games, which typically allows the owner access to some or all future DLC for the game for a one-time fee. Access to each DLC becomes available as it is released. Some Season Passes have unique names, such as the "Rockstar Pass" for L.A. Noire (2011) and Max Payne 3 (2012).

SOME OR ALL

Not every Season Pass has been about all of the DLC. That's always been the case. Like I said before - some games offered everything, others simply offered main expansions but left minor stuff out - like skins and characters.

"ND promised all of the DLC with their Season Pass"

Is that why, even after buying said Season Pass, I'm seeing stuff that isn't listed as free? Bundles that came out after Grounded that still have to be paid for? Is that what "all" means? Yeah, I got most of the DLC with the Pass - the stuff that mattered and some of the minor stuff - but there is still stuff they released later that wasn't included.

Guess what? The TLoU Season Pass didn't state that it included "Every Piece of DLC we Ever release, ever." It states that it included 3 DLC packs - Left Behind, and the two map packs, and some extras - skills, weapons and customization options. They also added the Grounded bundle in there later.

Nothing else was actually included in it.

Also, how am I "brainwashed" for knowing how to read and interpret a product description? What, because I'm not some dingbat who blames a company for my own failure to read something, I'm brainwashed? Please. I just know to take responsibility for my own choices, and not to place blame on something that I had the power to control.

It is as simple as "don't like it? Don't buy it." If you don't agree with the practice - don't support it. That's really all there is to it. There are always going to be those people who have more money than sense who go out and pay for things that aren't worth the money - just look at the damned gold Apple Watch. And the various $9-$10K gold Rolex watches out there.

The fact that Apple can go and sell a computer for close to $3-$4,000 when there are far cheaper - and better - alternatives out there proves that the world is full of these people.

Also, no, it's not "anti-consumer" - why? Because you still have access to everything anyone else has access to. Anti-consumer implies that they are trying to keep it out of your reach. That they are trying to price it in a way that no one can actually afford.

You can choose to buy the characters separately, and buy the skins that you want, without buying the pack. If you couldn't, then yeah - it'd be anti-consumer. But you can.

People love throwing out these terms all the time - but don't bother to think about what they mean.

As I said multiple times already - there's no false advertising happening. You can access everything they offer without the need for buying the passes. Unless they flat out lie and say "Yes it includes everything" and then they don't actually include everything, or they have it set up to where the only way you can access the content is to get the pass, and offer no alternative without telling people it's an exclusive deal - you can't actually call it anti-consumer, or misleading.

Because it isn't.

Do I support them nickle-and-diming people? No. Nowhere did I say I did, either. But I'm also not some irrational person, going around blaming everyone but myself for feeling ripped off.