Kombat Pack for what? I'm very Pissed Off!

daniel_flavia

I bought my game with the Kombat Pack included to play as Goro (wich was already on the game  :angry: ) and to get every DLC made for the game. The problem is, the Kombat Pack does not include every costume released, and I think this is just disrespectful to people who bought the pack.

Samurai skins is free to everyone, the Horror skin Pack is free to whoever purchase Jason, and the Kold War pack and Blue Steel SZ need to be bought even for those who have the Kombat Pack, that's ridiculous, if I buy something who promises the entire season of DLC I want it all.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Shame on you WB Games, such a goldigger!!!!  :(

The US PSN description says it grants access to 4 costume packs, not all. According to Gamestop's site the 4 packs are the following:

The Kombat Pack will have 4 different DLC packs, delivered at different times throughout the year:

• The Ultimate Horror Pack:
    • Playable character Jason Voorhees
    • Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac
  • The Klassic Pack #1:
    • Playable character Tanya
    • Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang
  • The Predator / Prey Pack:
    • Playable character Predator
    • Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax
  • The Klassic Pack #2:
    • Playable character Tremor
    • Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

On launch day, customers that purchased the Kombat Pack will receive the Samurai Pack, containing three new character skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as an accompanying skin pack with each playable character.

In addition, those who own the pack will gain early access to the above listed content before it is available for sale individually.

Edited by ScutumMagister

The US PSN description says it grants access to 4 costume packs, not all. According to Gamestop's site the 4 packs are the following:

The Kombat Pack will have 4 different DLC packs, delivered at different times throughout the year:

• The Ultimate Horror Pack:
    • Playable character Jason Voorhees
    • Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac
  • The Klassic Pack #1:
    • Playable character Tanya
    • Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang
  • The Predator / Prey Pack:
    • Playable character Predator
    • Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax
  • The Klassic Pack #2:
    • Playable character Tremor
    • Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

On launch day, customers that purchased the Kombat Pack will receive the Samurai Pack, containing three new character skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as an accompanying skin pack with each playable character.

In addition, those who own the pack will gain early access to the above listed content before it is available for sale individually.

Still feeling ripped off, Kombat Pack, Season Pass, call whatever you want, it should give you acess to ALL DLC features, and you shouldn't be reading small letters

if I buy something who promises the entire season of DLC I want it all. 

'

Where do they say that? This is what they say:

"Each fighter comes with a themed skin pack including three new skins for select characters"

THAT is what is included in the Kombat Pack, the Kold War Pack is not included. It's still fair but if you don't want to buy the Skin Packs they release then that's up to you. Just a tiny bit of reading could save you some money.

Edited by Oblivion

Still feeling ripped off, Kombat Pack, Season Pass, call whatever you want, it should give you acess to ALL DLC features, and you shouldn't be reading small letters

xD im sorry but i think that u may have season pass confused with GOTY/ultimate ed.

• Like 1

As stated above, they were very upfront about what the pack included. 

I don't remember them promising anything. 

'

Where do they say that? This is what they say:

THAT is what is included in the Kombat Pack, the Kold War Pack is not included. It's still fair but if you don't want to buy the Skin Packs they release then that's up to you. Just a tiny bit of reading could save you some money.

You're right, I should red any small letters and such, my mistake, this Season Pass is different form any other I know.

I'm just a guy who wants better cost/benefit for what I've paid for, and it's known for every game who has Season Pass. But you're right, you and WB Games, I should have read the small letters, I should be more smart like you too  B)  :wave:

You're right, I should red any small letters and such, my mistake, this Season Pass is different form any other I know.

I'm just a guy who wants better cost/benefit for what I've paid for, and it's known for every game who has Season Pass. But you're right, you and WB Games, I should have read the small letters, I should be more smart like you too  B)  :wave:

I think it's funny that you keep saying it's in "small letters" when It's written clearly anywhere you look up the kombat pack.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/mortal-kombat-x-kombat-pack/cid=UP1018-CUSA00967_00-KOMBATPACK000000?emcid=ps-se-717&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-717&utm_content=Brand

I totally understand you. At beginning Season passes were as you said: a voucher/code to have access to ALL whole new content to be released in the future. 

But, someone already post it, Borderlands 2 already twitched the concept to just some dlcs.

Batman Arkham knight has a Season pass which provide you content for the first 6 months after release of the game.

I really hope this not to be the standard for Season passes now on :(

I just bought the Season pass for Shadow of Mordor and after checking the store I found that I have access to the whole content there (skins, levels, trials), no need for GOTY edition now :)

I hope we continue having Season passes which give us all future content.

• Like 1

I totally understand you. At beginning Season passes were as you said: a voucher/code to have access to ALL whole new content to be released in the future. 

But, someone already post it, Borderlands 2 already twitched the concept to just some dlcs.

Batman Arkham knight has a Season pass which provide you content for the first 6 months after release of the game.

I really hope this not to be the standard for Season passes now on :(

I just bought the Season pass for Shadow of Mordor and after checking the store I found that I have access to the whole content there (skins, levels, trials), no need for GOTY edition now :)

I hope we continue having Season passes which give us all future content.

That's becoming more claryfying to me now, about these so called "Season Passes". Let's hope this don't to become standard behavior from companies, if this continues and nobody complains in the future we'll gotta have to pay just to see what DLC they'll add.  :unsure:

But the worst , is people who receive less for what they used to pay, think this is absolutely normal, and still come to defend this kind of behavior of companies, like, if there's someone wrong here it's you complaining, they're a company of billions and they're always right!

I really don't care much about the money...it's the ripping off behavior that upsets. In 6 months when the games sales drops, they'll offer the same game, GOTY, with everything included for half-price.

This has made for a fascinating read, in that some people almost appear like they're celebrating the fact that Season Passes are now misleading in name.

When I buy my Season Pass for train travel, its unconditional.  The train line don't turn around one day and "Hello Mr. LastPisTolman, you may have already purchased the travel, but we didn't say anything about sitting down.  And... wait... is that a table you're using, well that costs extra I'm afraid.  What's that Mr LastPisTolman - you want to look out the window?  Well guess what time it is - opening your wallet time!"

Irrespective of whether the Kombat pack states what comes with it, it's pretty greasy to start releasing more DLC beside it.  The Blue Steel costume for Sub Zero I allow, because they're essentially using that to buy their relevance in fighting tournaments, lest they fade into obscurity again like MK9.

Warner Brothers seem to be leading the charge on overcharging at the moment.

• Like 2

This has made for a fascinating read, in that some people almost appear like they're celebrating the fact that Season Passes are now misleading in name.

When I buy my Season Pass for train travel, its unconditional.  The train line don't turn around one day and "Hello Mr. LastPisTolman, you may have already purchased the travel, but we didn't say anything about sitting down.  And... wait... is that a table you're using, well that costs extra I'm afraid.  What's that Mr LastPisTolman - you want to look out the window?  Well guess what time it is - opening your wallet time!"

Irrespective of whether the Kombat pack states what comes with it, it's pretty greasy to start releasing more DLC beside it.  The Blue Steel costume for Sub Zero I allow, because they're essentially using that to buy their relevance in fighting tournaments, lest they fade into obscurity again like MK9.

Warner Brothers seem to be leading the charge on overcharging at the moment.

The game isn't really relevant.  It'll die off in a few months LOL

Edited by grimydawg

The Borderlands 2 season pass was that way too, both with it stating what came with it and people complaining that it didn't come with everything.

That's because those greedy Gearbox bastards have 2 season passes for one game lol

The fact that video games have release information to be referenced to see what it does or doesn't include is sad to me. I really didn't mind (and I know this is PC, but the point stands) When I bought Dawn of War, then an expansion pack came out with a new army and I bought it. Then another and I bought that. Same with every Civilzation PC game past II. Nowadays, it seems like the extra content is scattershot.

If extra content isn't released in a Complete or GOTY edition, I don't tend to buy it anymore. Assassins Creed Brotherhood may have gotten me to buy some digital DLC that I regret, but I'm only falling for that once.

To the OP: you learned your lesson. Keep on spreading the good word, just know things aren't likely to change. 

As disappointing as it is that $40 only gets you a few characters and some skins these days... you have no one but yourself to blame for buying into this.

I have a hard time really taking frustration out on these companies for nickle and diming us, and generally trying to take advantage and get as much money as they can, when people are out there spending A LOT of money on something online when they BARELY read what they were actually buying.  If you don't know how to use your money, you don't deserve to have it.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Thing is, it's NOT a Season Pass. It's a pack that'll let you get the fighters as they release. No different from buying a map pack in CoD or a car pack in a game like Need for Speed. It never promised "all the DLC", and not once was it ever called a Season Pass. All it ever promised were the fighters due to be released after launch, and costumes to go with them.

It's not their fault people made the assumption it was more than it actually was. A little bit of reading and paying attention would have revealed everything about it.

It's just as bad as people acting like ports to the PS4/Xbox One are somehow "remasters" despite nearly none of them being called so ( "Definitive" =/= "Remastered" )- other than The Last of Us & God of War 3 [both of which are deserving of the name].

• Like 1

Tsc...Tsc...People keep celebrating the fact that things are misleading and gamers are the ones to blame, such a high level of mediocrity!

Guess things gonna stay about the way it's going and people will keep celebrating mediocrity!

You got it! End Thread.

Tsc...Tsc...People keep celebrating the fact that things are misleading and gamers are the ones to blame, such a high level of mediocrity!

Guess things gonna stay about the way it's going and people will keep celebrating mediocrity!

It's not their fault you assumed it was more than it actually was. You were the one who bought it without bothering to see what it actually contained. It was never misleading - it was always clear from the beginning what it offered. They never hid it, and they never made it sound like anything else. You would have a point if it were labeled as a Season Pass - but it never was.

As I mentioned before, it was never even referred to as such. It was always "The Kombat Pack", and was stated to offer the current batch of characters coming, and skins related to them - like the Horror skins for characters when Jason released, and the Predator-esque skins for characters when Predator releases.

People always want to complain about feeling screwed, when 9 times out of 10, they do it to themselves. This isn't even a case of not reading the fine print - we're talking about the basic description of the item that everyone can see.

Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 upcoming playable characters and skin packs. Slash your opponents as Horror Icon Jason Voorhees, or play as Predator, the Ultimate Hunter. Klassic characters Tanya and Tremor complete the offer. Each fighter comes with a themed skin pack including three new skins for select characters. Also includes The Samurai Pack available April 14, 2015.

Direct from the Playstation Store listing. Hell, it's even classed as an "Add-On" on the store. Just for comparison's sake, This is the Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass - listed as an actual Season Pass.

So, yeah - if you thought it was more than that, it IS your fault.

• Like 1