The PS3 Game Deals Thread

Dreakon139

Post in here any deals for games that you come across (online, in stores, etc).

If you know of a deal, just post it in a reply and provide whatever details people may need to use it. Links, sale prices, store names, coupon codes, etc.

Rules of Engagement:

- While I can't personally enforce it, no discussion please. If there's a ton of people thanking everyone and asking questions, it'll make it harder for the people looking to find the deals themselves. :P If you want to thank someone, 'like' the post they made or 'like' the person themselves.

- Keep the thread limited to deals revolving around the PS3. No deals to Xbox or Wii or PC games/accessories/consoles, for example (unless it's a overall deal that also applies to PS3 games, like 50% off all pre-owned games or something). We're all PS3 lovers and this is a site revolving around the Playstation, so it only makes sense. ;)

- If you post a sale and notice it has ended... feel free to edit your post informing people that it has ended. Just so people don't get their hopes up needlessly.

If I knew of a deal at the moment, I'd post one myself as an example but I don't. I just figure a thread like this will be godsend for thrifty shoppers like myself, especially once the holiday season comes around. It'd probably be a nice thread to sticky someday if it takes off.

While the thread is called Game Deals, I think it'd be fun if folks posted deals for other PS3 related products as well.

12-months of PS Plus for $39.99 at Amazon...

This has ended.

The code I believe is emailed to you, or at least displayed on screen after you purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's go ahead and revive this thread.

Here are some deals that are currently going on:

Amazon

L.A. Noire (360) -- $19.99 (from $39.99)

L.A. Noire (PS3) -- $29.99 (from $39.99)

GameStop

L.A. Noire (360/PS3) -- $29.99 (from $39.99)

Dead Island (360/PS3) -- $44.99 (from $59.99)

• 2 weeks later...

Buy Saints Row: The Third PS3, Get Saints Row 2 Free

Why purchase the PlayStation 3 version of Saints Row: The Third over the Xbox 360 version?

Well, Sony and THQ have announced an arrangement that will essentially double your chaos-causing entertainment.

Anybody who purchases the PS3 edition of Volition's new open-world blockbuster and redeems the online pass within 90 days will receive a free digital copy of Saints Row 2 on the PlayStation Network.

It'll be available starting next week to gamers all over North America.

While we didn't think SR2 was quite as solid as The Third, which takes absolutely every concept to another level, both games are well worth playing. And besides, you're getting a title entirely for free; what's there to complain about?

Source: PSU

Amazon's Black Friday Deal: Buy One, Get One 50% Off

Nobody really wants to get involved with the crazed crowds at all hours of the morning. Why not just take advantage of some online Black Friday deals?

Amazon is running a Buy One, Get One 50% Off game deal that could net you a couple of the hottest games of 2011.

Just look at the titles available today:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

RAGE

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Batman: Arkham City

....and more. It's great to have a way to save some money; there are just too damn many games out there. If you can get a couple of the aforementioned titles for a little less - hey, save yourself thirty bucks.

Source: Amazon

Walmart PS3 Bundle Deal Saves You A...Well, Bundle

The holiday deals are already starting to pour in, and smart shoppers keep their eyes peeled for can't-miss opportunities.

Well, if you're looking to nab a PlayStation 3 for yourself or a friend, this might be one of those opportunities. We're talking about a major discount.

If you check Walmart, you will see they're selling a great PS3 bundle for only $199. This package includes a 160GB PS3 console and copies of LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition (Move compatible) and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It also tosses in 30 free days of PlayStation Plus.

Now, the standard price for a 160GB PS3 all by its lonesome is $249, so as the box says, you're saving a big chunk: $165. It'll be tough to find a better deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Amazon is taking pity on those of us who were unfortunate enough to miss some of those killer Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals as the online retailer giant is having another round of deals on some of this year’s best PlayStation 3 games.

Act fast and you can net yourself some of the following deals (and more):

- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - $39.99

- Resistance 3 – $29.99

- Dead Island - $29.99

- Infamous 2 - $29.99

- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - $29.99

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $29.99

Newegg has Yakuza 3 and 4 for a mere $14.99 a pop. Free shipping too. The price is about right for Yakuza 3, but I was really surprised to see 4 that cheap already.

Yakuza 3 - $14.99 / Free Shipping

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879257072

Yakuza 4 - $14.99 / Free Shipping

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879257077

Kind of cool. I've only tried Yakuza 4 but I imagine Yakuza 3 plays similarly. It's nice to have them both the same price, you can pick and choose which you'd prefer... or get both for half the price of a new game. ;) Tempted to give the series another shot, thanks to this.

• 1 month later...

Wifi PS Vita @ £214.99 on Amazon, with the 3G version @ £264.99.

This is the best price I have seen lately, but I think it will keep dropping :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054Q82WI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0BSK73SN4F6S66HKM7H0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294