Superbuu3's We Play General Discussion and FAQs

Just wondering if there's a possibility of a We Play of DmC: Devil May Cry and/or DMC4. We did finish the first three games, so I don't think it would be a problem if we continue the rest. Also, it would be interesting to hear everyone's take on DmC and compare it to previous games. Now might not be the best time since were doing the Tales series, but would be a good plan for the future.

Edited by NullRay85

Just wondering if there's a possibility of a We Play of DmC: Devil May Cry and/or DMC4. We did finish the first three games, so I don't think it would be a problem if we continue the rest. Also, it would be interesting to hear everyone's take on DmC and compare it to previous games. Now might not be the best time since were doing the Tales series, but would be a good plan for the future.

I really dislike DmC if there's enough interest though I'll do my hard playthrough. DMC4 is certainly a possibility.

BTW what do you think of us doing an MGS series one (2 onwards, I played MGS 1 way too much back in the day and I doubt people care about games without trophy support)? My friend wanted me to play Peacewalker with them so I've been playing that on and off recently.

I really dislike DmC if there's enough interest though I'll do my hard playthrough. DMC4 is certainly a possibility.

BTW what do you think of us doing an MGS series one (2 onwards, I played MGS 1 way too much back in the day and I doubt people care about games without trophy support)? My friend wanted me to play Peacewalker with them so I've been playing that on and off recently.

Doing MGS is an awesome idea, Buu. The HD collection does a great job with updating the games' appeal and adds trophies. There is a strong MGS fanbase here so it doing a We Play Would get the interest of many fans and newcomers a like.

In the end, it's your call to make. :)

That would be a good idea. I myself have never played any MGS game and would (after playing the first one alone) definitely join.

So do people wanna do Freedom Wars on Vita?

Its goiong on PS+ so loads of people will have it.

Yeah, why not? I already beat it last summer, but I'll still join in.

The gameplay is solid and has a multiplayer option which makes some of the item gathering and bosses less tedious. The story isn't gonna wow many, but its there. The visuals and sound are top-notch for a vita game. Overall, FW is one of few great games of the vita and is worth a try.

• Like 1

[heavy breathing]

BTW, do the MGS ones start after we finish the Tales games? I'm guessing Freedom Wars will start soon.

Freedom Wars starting next week.

MGS should be starting the following week. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to keep up the pace, checkpoints will be bosses for MGS, but for any vets on MGS we'll endup flying through the game, pretty sure I can beat MGS2 in like 4-5 hours, so checkpoints will be around 30 minutes gameplay for us.

Freedom Wars starting next week.

MGS should be starting the following week. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to keep up the pace, checkpoints will be bosses for MGS, but for any vets on MGS we'll endup flying through the game, pretty sure I can beat MGS2 in like 4-5 hours, so checkpoints will be around 30 minutes gameplay for us.

That does make sense since we'll mostly be watching cutscenes as well. The HD Collection has been relased on both the PS3 and Vita, can we play on either systems?

I have an idea for a future PS Vita We Play after we finish Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts R, how about Disgaea 3 and/or 4? I hear they're Strategy-RPGs with some deep gamepaly mechanics, colorful presentation, interesting characters and stories. I just started D4 and I'm enjoying it so far. Just wanted to share-out some ideas for the Vita since there isn't much We Plays including it :)

I have an idea for a future PS Vita We Play after we finish Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts R, how about Disgaea 3 and/or 4? I hear they're Strategy-RPGs with some deep gamepaly mechanics, colorful presentation, interesting characters and stories. and at least 200 hours of grind I just started D4 and I'm enjoying it so far. Just wanted to share-out some ideas for the Vita since there isn't much We Plays including it :)

Here, fixed that for you =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Hey Buu what are the chances of the We Play Freedom Wars ending on somewhere between January 1-3? I'm going to play it soon, but also planning to pop the plat for the Plat Rain Day.

Btw the Tales of Hearts R guide is published if you want to use it for the We Play Tales of Hearts.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Hey Buu what are the chances of the We Play Freedom Wars ending on somewhere between January 1-3? I'm going to play it soon, but also planning to pop the plat for the Plat Rain Day.

I'd also like to know. I'm planning to buy the 1-month PSN subscription. Thanks for the tip, Dragon!

I'd also like to know. I'm planning to buy the 1-month PSN subscription. Thanks for the tip, Dragon!

Awesome, you're welcome :D. There are a few free DLCs packs with weapons and items. If you haven't used the free 14-day PS+ trial, you could save 1 trophy, get the trial version when the We Play is nearing its end, and still be able to pop the plat.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 2 months later...

This seems to have worked out ideally for me, I wasnt really too keen on doing a we play for a little while as my backlog is a bit too out of control and the guide stuff so i'll probably wait till dawn of the new world is wrapped up then work on something and I hope thats cool. Was considering DMC4.