Thoughts on the game

I'm enjoying it when it works well. The story is interesting, the environments are big and diverse, with multiple paths to your objectives. Level design is good so far.

Downsides are the controls, mainly. Styx doesn't like to grab hold of ledges (or anything else) unless he's at exactly the right angle. A lot of guards have spotted me after I accidentally fell 2 storys and landed practically on their heads when trying to climb stuff. 

And, considering how often this happens, shorter loading screens would have been nice. 

Voice acting could have been better. While the graphics aren't top notch, it's a small studio and the levels are huge so I am prepared to overlook it.

I'm only just into the 2nd main mission though, so still early days. If the climbing becomes too frustrating, that could prevent me from finishing it.

I won't give a score or anything, I'm no where near far enough through.

This game got a decent score from the review i seen and the gamplay looks ok and i also heard that the game has a lot of bugs and the developers is not going to.fix them i might give this a try when im done finishing AC unity

Edited by Condemned09

I started playing this game 2 days ago, and I already can see that it has potencial, in my opinion he should be more popular, more people should play it!

In stealth, the game is good as another stealth game like Hitman and others, but in graphic not that much but it's reasonable.
And for last, I will definitely Platinum this game, not just because it's a great game but also it still has a Ultra rare platinum ehehehe!

Edited by t-i-g-o

This is one of my favourite stealth games, and I'm pretty happy more people are getting to play it now thanks to Plus :)

I'm enjoying it when it works well. The story is interesting, the environments are big and diverse, with multiple paths to your objectives. Level design is good so far.

Downsides are the controls, mainly. Styx doesn't like to grab hold of ledges (or anything else) unless he's at exactly the right angle. A lot of guards have spotted me after I accidentally fell 2 storys and landed practically on their heads when trying to climb stuff. 

And, considering how often this happens, shorter loading screens would have been nice. 

Voice acting could have been better. While the graphics aren't top notch, it's a small studio and the levels are huge so I am prepared to overlook it.

I'm only just into the 2nd main mission though, so still early days. If the climbing becomes too frustrating, that could prevent me from finishing it.

I won't give a score or anything, I'm no where near far enough through.

Personally I had no issues with climbing after playing the game for a while, so I'm pretty sure you'll get "better" at it. Your tip thread already shows you know how to go about it, too ^^

Personally I had no issues with climbing after playing the game for a while, so I'm pretty sure you'll get "better" at it. Your tip thread already shows you know how to go about it, too ^^

Doesn't make it any less of an issue affecting the gameplay though.

A better crafted game would understand that if I've angled my jump towards the ledge I want to grab, then it should grab it, even if the player character isn't exactly face on with it. It's the main reason I die in this game, and it's frustrating because it is wholly unintentional.

If I die because my strategy failed or I failed to notice a threat in the environment, that's one thing and is totally fair.

The character not doing what I want him to do unless I am unreasonably careful with my button commands breaks immersion because I have to pause and think "Right, let's get this stick pointing at exactly the right angle, and make a save in case he doesn't catch the ledge" and is something that should be criticised.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of stealth only games but I did enjoy Styx ,

I've been playing it for about a week and i'm almost done now.

I found the game quite hard sometimes, even on easy and the controls could've been much better.

It's worth playing though, the story, art and levels are very interesting and well done.

I also thought the trophy list was quite good.

Most trophies aren't to hard except a few, some take time, overall you get 1 or 2 trophies each time you play which feels good.

I have rated this game at a 6.7

Just like the OP I didn't like this game much during the first moments playing it, even though I'm really into stealth games. But I'm now having genuine fun with it going for the no kills/no detections run, getting the collectibles and upgrading skills (I guess the game gets a lot cooler once you unlock skills like covered kills and death from above).

I must say I'm really enjoying the game's visuals. For a non AAA game, this has some great looking levels with beautiful backgrounds, I even found small details that surprised me for their originality. I was also pleased with the variety and overall look of NPCs.

Having said this, I must agree that animations and (like many have pointed out) gameplay are a bit mediocre. There are a few platforming sections where the poor controls can get you killed repeated times. Still, now that I got a hang of the controls, I'm having a great time.

Despite its shortcomings and even though this isn't up to the production values of a Metal Gear or Splinter Cell game, I'm personally having more fun with it than I had with AAA game Hitman Absolution.

I've been loving this game!  But I do love stealth games......and in my opinion, this is one of the toughest (as far as alerts) that I've played.  I really don't see any problem with the controls, climbing/stealth killing/general sticky fingeredness have been fine.  That being said, I do have one HUGE issue with Styx..........the almost total lack of checkpoints!  Seriously, its like there are a couple in really small areas that I actually bypassed a couple times, aside from leaving an area or watching a cut scene of course.  I get zoned in to finding a path to coins and objectives and never remember to save my game like every other room.  I've been doing a lot of the same shit over and over because of this lol  Which makes the load times more of a problem than they really are.  So if you haven't started this game yet, remember, SAVE SAVE SAVE!

• 5 months later...

I didn't relly like the game. The storyline left me indifferent, controls are awful, because of it I had to replay the same part over and over and over again. I'm just glad and didn't threw my money on it (it was a free game for PS Plus users once), plus trophies aren't really a headache, that's the only good thing I can say about it.

• 2 weeks later...