Buggy as Hell

simula67

Started this game a couple days ago and about halfway through it right now. The game is really good so far. However, I am surprised and disappointed at the amount of game-breaking glitches I've encountered in just a few hours of playing time.

Here's a sampling...

1. Died at one point and got the black screen, but no retry/quit option. Had to XMB quit out.
  2. Respawned at a checkpoint and my weapons were all gone. WTF?
  3. I've been following a video guide for the collectables and I noticed that Max was talking in the video guide but not in my game. Sure enough, all of my voice audio just stopped playing.
  4. My favorite one. I had to take a video of it because it's so absurd. During the sequence when you're on the motorboat, I respawned but the camera was fixed on a part of the area way behind me. So I was getting shot at and dying but I couldn't see anything but a nice serene scene of water. This also required an XMB quit.

There is not a chance I'm touching NYM HC until Rockstar fixes these glitches. I can't even imagine the rage that would ensue if I was 6 hours in and got some bullshit glitch that caused me to die.

Things like this prevent good games from being great games.

Has anyone else had any ridiculous glitches?

• Like 1

My personal favorite, playing New York Minute, watching the time waste away as i wait for Passos to get his dumb ass where he needs to be to trigger the next cut scene.

Edited by hartdogg
  • Like 2

Got another new one today. Beginning of chapter 9 after you start fighting the police, one of the enemies turned invisible. He could clearly see and shoot me, but the tracers from his gun were coming from nowhere. Thanks Rockstar!

Hm....I was hoping to get this for PS3 when I finished Max Payne 1 and 2 (which would be on Steam, as I hear the PS2 versions have control issues). Hopefully these are patched, because I would really like to be able to get Max Payne 3 on PS3 instead of Steam, because I like trophies better than Steam achievements (assuming it has those, I haven't checked)

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on New York Minute today and the glitches were everywhere.

• Chapter 7 in the favelas, Max was no longer able to get into cover.
  • Chapter 7 after restarting from the previous glitch, Max' guns would not fire anymore.
  • Chapter 12 where you pick up the sniper rifle, all the enemies were invincible.

No patch in sight.

• 3 weeks later...

The only bug I've encountered so far is the audio one. Once the cutscene was over the audio came back though, and following cutscenes had no problems. Annoying but not game breaking, in my opinion.

Parker

Just finished the single player, and this is the only issue I've had during it. Even multiplayer has been pretty much pain free.

Glitches

Attempt #1-Chp 7-after Max interupts the testosterone fest & preceeds through the red door triggering a cutscene, no enemies spawned (had to re-do

Attempt #2-Chp 13- same glitch as before but right after u kill the heavy LMG .30 trooper mid-level

Attempt #3-Chp 8-very start couldn't move max, he stayed in cover, enemies didn't hurt me & Inf. time but i could still pause & move in the options

Attempt #4-Will Be done Friday July 12th, i'll come back in with news

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

> Sometimes when I hide , Max can't get off his hidding place , have to roll for it so I get a lot of dammage

> Once in the favelas , There were no more ennemies , I was walking checkpoint to checkpoint easily I was so happy until there was a checkpoint where you need to kill all ennemies in the place so I had to quit -_-

> In the favelas when an ennemy throws you a molotov , after this you are on a kind of balcony , there I tried to shootdoge down there I thought I would die but , no I keep walking on this way and I was walking throught the walls , and then I jumped in a infinite empty place so I died , I tried to do it after but I was dying before to touche the ground

Can't wait to do the NYMHC ><

• 2 weeks later...