Anime Shows/Movies and Manga Discussion Thread

Xel

On 3-3-2017 at 7:08 PM, JaM said:

I wonder how they're going to tie this in with the manga, because IIRC 

Spoiler

that dragon transformation could only be done once :hmm: .

On 4-3-2017 at 8:47 AM, GrayFT said:

Yes!!

I'm hoping this will be better than Rage of Bahamut Genesis.

On 4-3-2017 at 9:26 PM, Leon Castle said:

the movie is a Prequel to the Anime.

That sucks, I was hoping it would be a sequel.

Overlord Second Season i see today mmmm...

An anime that (Well another anime) got ruined by the "Publisher" here in Italy, hopefully second season gets ignored and made by Fansub, i already don't really care for it, if it's not even in my langauge sub my interests become 0 xD  

24 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Watch proper subs :P Engrish ones :awesome: 

If the subs in your language sucks don't tell me to watch them Eng :awesome:

There are like 10-15 really good subs in my language so it's no problem, i just watch in english stuff i can't find like Ace Attorney or the Precures right now. (Or hayate even that is not done in my language) 

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course? That's completely normal?

Why would I watch anime in non-important language?

Because it's not the Subtitles the important but the fact that are japanese and you understand what you're reading?

I watch even Sub in Spanish with some anime since they don't exist even in english, exmaple the OVA 5 of seitokai yakuindomo in the first 4 months that was out.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course understanding subs is important, that's why I watch English subs.

Yeah and why shouldn't i watch them in my language if i understand them and they are correct? (Since i know some phrases and words to see if they're correct or compare them to the english version sometimes)

1 minute ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah and why shouldn't i watch them in my language if i understand them and they are correct? (Since i know some phrases and words to see if they're correct or compare them to the english version sometimes)

Because English fansubbing is the top. Why not having the best when you can? :P

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because English fansubbing is the top. Why not having the best when you can? :P

BEcause it's absolutely not true? xD

If you say that you're just blind i saw some horrible english subs (Like Denpa Kyoushi, Ugh), it's not perfect, that depends by the fansub itself not the language...

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, HorribleSubs are obviously horrible :awesome: 

Nope horrible subs take just subs from CR & Co, so That was take by FunAnimation, official american release, as Fansub (there was even the log at the start) and it was shit as subs.

Just now, Sora9427 said:

Nope horrible subs take just subs from CR & Co, so That was take by FunAnimation, official american release, as Fansub (there was even the log at the start) and it was shit as subs.

That's why I say it =D

CR, Funi and Daisuki are the worst of the worst. That can't even be considered fansub =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's why I say it =D

CR, Funi and Daisuki are the worst of the worst. That can't even be considered fansub =D

Well considering that are the Official Fansub Legally offert in ENGLISH i would say that then english it's definitevely not the Best fansub language absolutely as you clearly see.

Just now, Sora9427 said:

Well considering that are the Official Fansub Legally offert in ENGLISH i would say that then english it's definitevely not the Best fansub language absolutely as you clearly see.

Official subs != fansubs :P 

That's actually one of reasons why fansubbing is dying :/ Because damned official subs.

Okay, let's go compare =D

Tick whether Italian subs have these.

1) OP/ED karaoke

1.2) Insert songs karaoke

2) Honorifics

3) Japanese naming order

4) Official Hepburn transcription (in other words if fansubs do not transform Japanese so it fits the language)

5) Untranslated Japanese words (food, imouto, Onii-chan, ...)

6) Proper typesetting (signs, books, mails, ....)

(Just for your info, my language subs have... at best 1 :awesome:)

6 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Official subs != fansubs :P 

That's actually one of reasons why fansubbing is dying :/ Because damned official subs.

Okay, let's go compare =D

Tick whether Italian subs have these.

1) OP/ED karaoke

1.2) Insert songs karaoke

2) Honorifics

3) Japanese naming order

4) Official Hepburn transcription (in other words if fansubs do not transform Japanese so it fits the language)

5) Untranslated Japanese words (food, imouto, Onii-chan, ...)

6) Proper typesetting (signs, books, mails, ....)

(Just for your info, my language subs have... at best 1 :awesome:)

Like 8-10? + 4-5 That doesn't use Honorifics.

You can quote all the English subs you're referring, in Italian they just translate what is in english that's it. So it's like literally watching the same perfectly translated in my language without having to do the translations.

Instead i often see a lot of english subs writing the lyrics wrong in some point and writing the english Words in an Opening or ending like pronunced in Japanese which could be good for Suukato it's the japanese form i think it's not skirt but there are english words literally posted as they are pronunced in Japanese, it would be like if in an English song i literally translate how some words are said that are italian (Like spaghetti or Madonna, i often hear them with the wrong accent by the Americans), knowing how/what the words are it would be a mistake ;) 

So yeah, take it with your Fansubs if they are not good in your language xD 

PS: Before you write me that maybe 8-10 it's not much consider that most of them do 3-4 Anime per Season so a lot are covered (even if not Maid Dragon or Minami kamakura this season unfortunately, at least Gabriel Dropout and urarara yes) 

Edited by Sora9427